Most "Clutch" NHL Players Since 1980 - #2

Who's the second most clutch NHL player since 1980?

• Jaromir Jagr

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alex Ovechkin

• Ray Bourque

• Chris Pronger

• Nicklas Lidstrom

• Steve Yzerman

• Sergei Fedorov

• Denis Potvin

• Bryan Trottier

• Mike Bossy

• Johnathan Toews

• Mats Sundin

• Joe Nieuwendyk

• Glenn Anderson

• Ed Belfour

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
The whole concept of clutch is pretty much a myth. Given a large enough sample size, almost everyone achieves a highly similar result in playoff games - or any other big games - as they do in the regular season.

Of this generation:

Crosby leads PPG in regular season, also playoffs. Very good goal scorer in the regular season. Very good in playoffs.
Ovechkin leads in regular season GPG, also playoffs. Is 3rd in PPG in regular season, also third in PPG in the playoffs.
Malkin is second in PPG in regular season PPG, also second in playoff PPG. Very good goal scorer in regular season and playoffs.

So on and so forth.

Gretzky is the greatest regular season performer all time. Also wins this poll. That is not a coincidence. The best player = the player who is most likely to score = the player who is most likely to score at a big moment = the player who appears to be clutch.

Thank you so very very very much.

Laughing feels good and is out and out enjoyable. Reading this post had me laughing out loud. Then I read it again and got to laugh really hard and effortlessly again. Now I'm laughing as I type this. Bravo to the witching hours magistrate.

A most intriguing perception of clutch. With a large enough sample size, or a small enough sample size or pray forbid the exact right sample size almost anything can be rationalized.

I commend you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad