Confirmed with Link: Morrissey signs Extension, 8 years, 6,250,000 AAV

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
So we get Morrissey for 500k less than Provorov with 2 more years term.

Both are actually really solid deals, like ours a bit more

Reactions: Moon Man

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Given how these contracts line up well with each other on the Jets, clearly Laine and Connor won’t get anything to disrupt the pay scale (even if the RFA winger market turns out to be high).

I am expecting Connor to come in at good value. Laine... I think he gets bridged at about $6M.

Honestly, if you’re making that much, you don’t need to push to get every dollar possible. If Chevy shows he will be responsible with his contracts so that these guys will have a high quality team for years to come, it’s easier for these players to commit long-term with team friendly deals.

I don’t get the selfish mentality in Toronto where the players are trying to grab every dollar possible. I would find it hard to cheer for greedy players like Matthews and Marner.

Reactions: Jets 31

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
Initially I really liked this contract but OilerBear on the main boards has me worried. According to his 40 theories, Morrissey is a rover, not a defender, and therefore should be judged against all other NHL forwards based on this. His expected goals and points per 60 minutes are near the bottom or bottom half of 500+ NHL players.

He also said most people who use analytics have "poorly" copied his own analysis which has been developed over 35 - 50 years or thereabouts. Maybe one of those people is Garret? What say you Garret?:sarcasm:

Reactions: Gm0ney and MardyBum

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Initially I really liked this contract but OilerBear on the main boards has me worried. According to his 40 theories, Morrissey is a rover, not a defender, and therefore should be judged against all other NHL forwards based on this. His expected goals and points per 60 minutes are near the bottom or bottom half of 500+ NHL players.

He also said most people who use analytics have "poorly" copied his own analysis which has been developed over 35 - 50 years or thereabouts. Maybe one of those people is Garret? What say you Garret?:sarcasm:

My take away from this is...

Don't read the main boards.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba

I was absolutely ready to roast the shit outa you after reading your first sentence. Shame on you for playing on human laziness. ;)

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone
Everyone here is happy, and in 100% agreement.
That's truly a magic contract.

Hats off to Morrissey and Chevy. Morrissey is going to be a fan favorite for years to come. In fact, I can tell how much a person knows about the Jets by their answer to the question, "How awesome is Josh Morrissey?"

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Everyone here is happy, and in 100% agreement.
That's truly a magic contract.

Hats off to Morrissey and Chevy. Morrissey is going to be a fan favorite for years to come. In fact, I can tell how much a person knows about the Jets by their answer to the question, "How awesome is Josh Morrissey?"

He's f***ing awesome.

giphy.gif

I got a signed Heritage Classic Morrissey Jersey for $40 on a raffle two season ago and then went nuts on collecting Morrissey hockey cards as he was my favourite Jet at the time, still is. I have at least 30 different rookie cards now, 15 or so of them signed. Now that he re-upped long term and is here for the next 9 seasons I'm planning on framing the cards around the jersey in a custom built frame. It will be expensive but well worth it. It will smell of rich...mahogany.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad