Post-Game Talk: Morning Wood(y), Afternoon Delight

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Interesting fact re McLeod. following Dmen have primary assisted on his goals this season:

Murray, Broberg, Bouchard, Nurse, Desharnais

Reactions: Oilhawks

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Seattle is 3-6-1 in their last ten.

Vegas is 3-5-2 in their last ten.

If Logan Thompson is out for longer than a week then those two teams are my pick for crashing out of the playoffs.

Want 1 of Avs and Flames to miss. Thinking it's going to be the flames, and deservingly so. Bonus if both miss and Nashville and Minny get in.

Apparently they’re 3-0 in matinees this season.

3-0 in road matinees. 0-3 in home matinees.
Including tomorrow, we will have played 7 of our 54 games as matinees. 13% of our games in the afternoon. That's way too high.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
And...
I think he scares the shit out of people!
Look at these team photos.
images

1200px-22_23_Team_Photo.jpg

images

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
The oilers would be 1st in the conference if Campbell was better to start the season, I like this team it's makeup And I think it's the best-assembled team with McDavid so far
Campbell and the PK both have improved significantly.

Plus the Kane injury (and resulting cap space) allowed the Oilers to discover the value of key depth players in Janmark, Kostin, Broberg, and Desharnais.

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
Yup. That was nice to see. Love that smile when he scores. He’s definitely still gone but I’m always going to cheer for him as a player. Good heart. Forever bison king ;)

The way he breaks up cycles is so amazing. Wow we’ve missed this kind of player

He may never be amazing in the o zone but he also doesn’t hurt us there. Keeps it simple, keeps pucks in and fires pucks on net from time to time. Nice to see him get a few assists in his games
Kind of a very poor man's, underfed and underloved Chara)))

Laodongxi

Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
That was a really nice game by the Oilers today. I might have discovered the formula for watching this team. Just miss the game (on purpose or by accident) and then stream the replay after you've checked the box score and found a favourable result, but know absolutely nothing else about the affair. Stress free and suddenly Jack becomes quite funny. Both magical side effects.

CROTT

Aug 25, 2007
Edmonton
7 matinees is a joke the schedule makers are just cruel
Still have five (including MTL today) more matinees left this season, the Oilers schedule has five in the month of February alone. For twelve total, while the Leaf's play zero...

Last edited:
Reactions: TB12

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
What's with the wacky scheduling this season? Now, we've got back to back matinees, which, like, never happens. Earlier in the season there was that ridiculous schedule where the Oilers played in one city one night and in another state about 18 hours later or something. Nice job, NHL.

Just once, could we have all the clubs in the East have a 10:30 am start to their games? (Grumble, grumble...)

About the game: A pretty solid effort by the guys, and another win. The goal given up right after the McLeod shortie was a bit cringe, but other than that nothing too objectionable in this game. The Oilers seem to have a fourth gear in third periods against teams with less talent. They can pull it out when they need to.

Random notes:
-- McDavid was good
-- Drai so-so. He was much better than last game (he was actually shooting the puck, which is a good sign), but still making some weird plays in his own end. And that pointless penalty...
-- Oilers' PP has gone a bit cold. Maybe shake it up a bit. I'd like to see Connor skating around the perimeter more.
-- I don't think it's a good idea for Kane to be fighting so soon after his injury. (That said, Tkachuk was completely silent after the fight and did nothing the rest of the game, so...)
-- Nice to see Hyman score on his first-ever penalty shot.
-- Can't believe Puljujarvi scored. Anyone else think it was offside? Not that I'm complaining...
-- Campbell was just okay. (I give him a pass on that ugly third goal as the puck tipped off Barrie's stick.) Skinner is clearly the better goalie so far this season, but it's great that Campbell is fighting his way back into contention.
-- Speaking of Barrie, not a great game by him.
-- Kulak had one brutal giveaway, but otherwise a really strong night. Good job!

Oilers are now 4th in the Western Conference, and easily 1st in the West in regulation wins.

Reactions: Oilhawks

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
Oh, I just wanted to add: Class move by Woodcroft to put out the B-team for that last Oilers' PP after the final goal and Ottawa-goalie injury.

It would have been a bit much for the Sens' fans if, say, Hyman had banged in another one on the PP right after injuring their goalie.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
What's with the wacky scheduling this season? Now, we've got back to back matinees, which, like, never happens. Earlier in the season there was that ridiculous schedule where the Oilers played in one city one night and in another state about 18 hours later or something. Nice job, NHL.

Just once, could we have all the clubs in the East have a 10:30 am start to their games? (Grumble, grumble...)

About the game: A pretty solid effort by the guys, and another win. The goal given up right after the McLeod shortie was a bit cringe, but other than that nothing too objectionable in this game. The Oilers seem to have a fourth gear in third periods against teams with less talent. They can pull it out when they need to.

Random notes:
-- McDavid was good
-- Drai so-so. He was much better than last game (he was actually shooting the puck, which is a good sign), but still making some weird plays in his own end. And that pointless penalty...
-- Oilers' PP has gone a bit cold. Maybe shake it up a bit. I'd like to see Connor skating around the perimeter more.
-- I don't think it's a good idea for Kane to be fighting so soon after his injury. (That said, Tkachuk was completely silent after the fight and did nothing the rest of the game, so...)
-- Nice to see Hyman score on his first-ever penalty shot.
-- Can't believe Puljujarvi scored. Anyone else think it was offside? Not that I'm complaining...
-- Campbell was just okay. (I give him a pass on that ugly third goal as the puck tipped off Barrie's stick.) Skinner is clearly the better goalie so far this season, but it's great that Campbell is fighting his way back into contention.
-- Speaking of Barrie, not a great game by him.
-- Kulak had one brutal giveaway, but otherwise a really strong night. Good job!

Oilers are now 4th in the Western Conference, and easily 1st in the West in regulation wins.
Skinner is clearly the better goalie?

Campbell has won this team 9 in a row, without Campbell we prob are out of the playoffs as Skinner has only mustered 1 Win in his last 6 games since the new year.

Their records are not even close.

Campbell has saved our season.

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan

Campbell has won this team 9 in a row, without Campbell we prob are out of the playoffs as Skinner has only mustered 1 Win in his last 6 games since the new year.

I can't agree with you, whatsoever. I mean... What??

Campbell has been great the past month or so, yes. He's doing very well. But Skinner has been great all season, and consistently.

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007

Which one of these is responsible for winning 9 in a row, and which one of these is responsible for mustering a single win in his last 6 games?
Screen Shot 2023-02-12 at 8.54.08 AM.png
Screen Shot 2023-02-12 at 8.54.14 AM.png

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
I can't agree with you, whatsoever. I mean... What??

Campbell has been great the past month or so, yes. He's doing very well. But Skinner has been great all season, and consistently.
Hes 3 games above .500, thats not a playoff team
Skinner has 4 wins this year against playoff teams. He also has losses against Columbus and Anahiem

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007
The thing about save % is its only as good as the other goalie your playing that night.
You have to make more saves then the other guy. Thats the only thing that counts
You're absolutely bang on. It's the goalie's fault whether or not his team can score that night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad