Post-Game Talk: Morning Wood(y), Afternoon Delight

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
I argue we are ruining Holloway though. He needs prime minutes in the AHL as he has some unpolished puck-hogging attributes he needs to remove from his game.

I haven't watched a single Condors game this season so I have no idea what they are doing down there this season.
Holloway definitely should've been mostly in the AHL at this point, if not entirely. When it comes to setbacks in player development, I think the main cause is loss of confidence. The one thing he has gong for him is that he's fairly stoic and has a lot of confidence, so hopefully that sees him through this season and is able to build on it. But it certainly hasn't been ideal for him.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Awesome win! That play by Mcdavid for the clouder goal was not human lol. I thought Broberg had another solid game too, made so many good defensive plays

He’s become a horse defensively, same with Vinny.

I don’t know what Broberg’s offensive upside is but if he can develop into a reliable and steady defensively minute munching top 4 D man, then that’s a very valuable player

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Division is still tight but the Oilers are way ahead in regulation wins for any tiebreaker situations.

Sad as it is to say I think the Flames will make the playoffs. Only 1 of the Kings, Kraken, and Knights will make it at this rate.

Seattle is 3-6-1 in their last ten.

Vegas is 3-5-2 in their last ten.

If Logan Thompson is out for longer than a week then those two teams are my pick for crashing out of the playoffs.

OfCorsiDid

Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
If it wasn't for his injury, he'd be on pace to score about 20 goals and 35 points. Not bad for a guy only in his 2nd full season playing mostly on the third line. It's always huge when guys you draft past the first round can play in the NHL and make an impact, and McLeod is a keeper.

Same goes for Vinny D. What a steal from the 7th round he appears to be. Then you also have Skinner taken in the 3rd round, making an impact. It's important to find NHL players past the first round.

If I recall correctly, McLeod falling to us in the early 2nd round was a shock. Most draft rankings had him around 27th overall.

Tidy bit of business drafting him at #40.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Seattle is 3-6-1 in their last ten.

Vegas is 3-5-2 in their last ten.

If Logan Thompson is out for longer than a week then those two teams are my pick for crashing out of the playoffs.
The Kings have had a negative goal differential the whole season, too. I don't believe in any of them right now but 1 of them has to make it.

I think LA and/or Seattle would become more believable if either of them manage to get a legit goalie at the deadline, though I still expect Seattle's offense to collapse. Vegas again I think has too many key injuries just like last year. Eichel and Stone both seem like they're going to need spine replacement surgery or something.

Reactions: OfCorsiDid

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
Drai getting critiqued here even after he had a solid game. Some people can't stop, and presume to know the game better than a very good player we should be happy to have.

This was a very different game today because today was wide open hockey between two clubs that were allowing chances and playing open ice hockey. It was not playing the Flyers who were simply collapsing back all game. Drai was making plays today because there was open ice to make those plays.

But the peanut gallery here know better than a chronic Allstar and league MVP. You love to see it..

People should try watching the games if they're going to comment.
Only in the Edmonton could we begin to think about and even suggest trading the second best player in the league because of a stretch where he went less than a PPG SMH

Reactions: TB12 and RattsSSV

OfCorsiDid

Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Holloway definitely should've been mostly in the AHL at this point, if not entirely. When it comes to setbacks in player development, I think the main cause is loss of confidence. The one thing he has gong for him is that he's fairly stoic and has a lot of confidence, so hopefully that sees him through this season and is able to build on it. But it certainly hasn't been ideal for him.

I imagine he goes down when Yamamoto comes back.

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
I argue that Desharnais is not drafting per se... but proper development. From ECHLer to NHLer.

McLeod could have busted if we rushed him into the NHL. He developed into a much better player after the first AHL season. Basically he was completely allergic to physical contact in his rookie season.

I argue we are ruining Holloway though. He needs prime minutes in the AHL as he has some unpolished puck-hogging attributes he needs to remove from his game.

I haven't watched a single Condors game this season so I have no idea what they are doing down there this season.
Nah, Holloway can skate really well and has some skills. He just needs some experience, will be a solid top 9 winger when all's said and done.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
As someone that’s been annoyed with JP for most of the season, very stoked he got the game winner.
Yup. That was nice to see. Love that smile when he scores. He’s definitely still gone but I’m always going to cheer for him as a player. Good heart. Forever bison king ;)

And the still undefeated. Vincent. The Monster. Des-har-nais!
The way he breaks up cycles is so amazing. Wow we’ve missed this kind of player

He may never be amazing in the o zone but he also doesn’t hurt us there. Keeps it simple, keeps pucks in and fires pucks on net from time to time. Nice to see him get a few assists in his games

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad