Post-Game Talk: Morning Wood(y), Afternoon Delight

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007
It’s the goalies fault if he gets outplayed by the other goalie.
So if your team is outshot 50-10 and you lose 1-0, it is the goalie's fault because the other goalie let in fewer goals.

Can I subscribe to your newsletter for more incredible insights and analysis?

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007
When did this happen in graphic you sent?
You spoke in generalities, so I replied with one.

Let me throw another situation at you. You have a best of 7 coming up against the best team in the league. Which one of these do you throw out there?
Screen Shot 2023-02-12 at 9.31.22 AM.png
Screen Shot 2023-02-12 at 9.31.09 AM.png

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
You spoke in generalities, so I replied with one.

Let me throw another situation at you. You have a best of 7 coming up against the best team in the league. Which one of these do you throw out there?
View attachment 649246View attachment 649247
I know who I throw out there, I throw out there the guy that doesnt blow leads in the 3rd period, and doesnt get consistently outplayed by the other goalie. Skinner has 4 wins on the season against playoff teams this year.

Lets break down your save% post
Skinner in his last 6,
Hart out played him by one save, was the better goalie, not by much, shots even
Korpisola had a 944% and Skinner 889% yup Skinner got way outplayed, Shots 36 vs 27 Oilers
Skinner outplayed Martin (Van) made one more save, shots even, Skinner got the win go figure
LA he got pulled, and deserved it 3GA in 23 mins,
Colorado gave up 3 goals in the last 23 mins of the game. That was 20 shots against in the last 23 mins, The other guy shut the door in the same time.
Seattle gave up 4 goals in 30 mins, got pulled, mind wasnt in it as he was going to have a kid.

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007
I know who I throw out there, I throw out there the guy that doesnt blow leads in the 3rd period, and doesnt get consistently outplayed by the other goalie. Skinner has 4 wins on the season against playoff teams this year.

Lets break down your save% post
Skinner in his last 6,
Hart out played him by one save, was the better goalie, not by much, shots even
Korpisola had a 944% and Skinner 889% yup Skinner got way outplayed, Shots 36 vs 27 Oilers
Skinner outplayed Martin (Van) made one more save, shots even, Skinner got the win go figure
LA he got pulled, and deserved it 3GA in 23 mins,
Colorado gave up 3 goals in the last 23 mins of the game. That was 20 shots against in the last 23 mins, The other guy shut the door in the same time.
Seattle gave up 4 goals in 30 mins, got pulled, mind wasnt in it as he was going to have a kid.
So you will put out the guy that is likely to let in 5-6 more goals in a 7 game series (assuming ~30 shots/game). Makes sense.

GrumpyKoala

Aug 11, 2020
As someone that live in the Mtl area, don't f*** this one. Mtl suck and I don't need a year of coworkers going about edm being the one team they beat. :)

Peace, love, win, bamba!

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
When's the last time they won a morning game? Just got to do it again tomorrow.
I forgot yesterday's game was an early start & totally missed it.

I forgot today's game was another early start & would have totally missed it too if it wasn't for this post so, thank you.

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007
Your right, it has to do with outplaying the other goalie........ making the saves that your team needs you to make

Skinner has 4 wins all year against playoff teams? why is that?
Run support. Campbell has 2 wins against playoff teams with a SAV% higher than Skinner's average this year (0.916).

I like Campbell, I want him to do well, but you're wrong in saying he's saved our season.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Run support. Campbell has 2 wins against playoff teams with a SAV% higher than Skinner's average this year (0.916).

I like Campbell, I want him to do well, but you're wrong in saying he's saved our season.
Your way to hung up on save%

You can make saves when your team needs them to win the game. Thats the only weakness in Skinners game this year. To many blown leads.

It goes both ways, Campbell was getting outplayed by the other teams goalie earlier in the season when Skinner was outplaying the other teams goalie. Its flipped back to Campbell since the new year. Might even flip back to Skinner again this season.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Good game oil fans, it wasn't Hymans' fault that our goalie got injured, it was Hamonic having zero hockey IQ.

Was salty, but fun to watch McDavid play (and bully Chabot)

Reactions: Oilhawks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad