Morgan Rielly

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
The Leafs are very lucky that out of the core Rielly seems like the most loyal/dedicated to Toronto itself and wouldn't demand top dollar in free agency. If they can lock him up long term around $7-8 million that should be a great deal. That amount puts him among the top 10 highest paid D-men in the league so it's not exactly a lowball either. Hedman for ref makes under $8 million, Chabot, Carlson and Burns all make $8 million per year.

janesy12

Leafs Nation
Aug 27, 2010
Newfoundland
In between these two guys view of Rielly's game tonight you will find the truth IMO.

I'm a huge Rielly fan and I think he was pretty darn good in this game, but not as dominant as diceman indicates. However, he is moving his feet a lot more instead of second guessing himself/playing cautious like he did last year which is how he needs to play to get back to his elite level.

Last year between injuries and losing confidence, Rielly wasn't moving around the ice as well or as smart as he usually does which made him worse offensively and defensively.

Good-great first game for him and I'm glad he got rewarded with the GWG as he deserved at least a point before then with multiple good passes and pinches.

He was good offensively. Brutal in his own end. Basically, what he's been his entire career.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad