Speculation: Morgan Rielly (Reporting to Marlies march 20th!) 2nd Star in Debut

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Watch the game from a Canuck standpoint but, for what it's worth, did note that Reilly made a excellent shot on the tying goal. Just drilled it top corner using a screen. Guy is smooth going forward but showed he needs a bit more strength handling size in his own end - especially around the front of the net. Probably should have used Reilly in the shoot out.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
This kid is going to be a dandy.

I'm happy, because I think of having Rielly on the back end, and you know you'll move the puck forward 9/10.

He's a hell of a talent

mohare

Dec 13, 2010
I just want to say, whoever did that video should be fired. Or at least beaten and then shown how to ZOOM OUT a video camera.

Good to see him score. Great to see a Leafs defenseman take a shot from the point and it actually hit the net. Can't wait to see his game develop under Eakins.

2016 Norris Candidate ;)

The Saurus

May 12, 2006
I wouldn't be so sure he returns to Junior..

Randy Carlyle already has two very talented puck movers on the back end in Liles and Gardiner. I doubt he would feel comfortable with Rielly back there as well.

It's a numbers game, IMO. Besides, it's not like Morgan still doesn't have a lot to learn defensively.

FifthLine

@AHartScout
Jul 2, 2011
toronto
Randy Carlyle already has two very talented puck movers on the back end in Liles and Gardiner. I doubt he would feel comfortable with Rielly back there as well.

It's a numbers game, IMO. Besides, it's not like Morgan still doesn't have a lot to learn defensively.

I'd be willing to bet Liles isn't around next year. Morgan almost made the team this year, what makes you think he won't will a full season that he played and an entire offseason?

leafspring*

Rielly comes up next year plays 10 games and can be sent to the Marlies? Right or wrong? I would rather him develope with Eakins next season.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Why does everyone assume that a young d man "always has stuff to learn in their own end".

Seems like no matter how good they are, someone always says that.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Rielly comes up next year plays 10 games and can be sent to the Marlies? Right or wrong? I would rather him develope with Eakins next season.

Wrong -- he's intelligible to play in the AHL. I'd rather see him under Eakins as well, but we'll have to wait another year for that.

Raging Bull

Present
Jan 25, 2004
Hamilton, ONT
Wrong -- he's intelligible to play in the AHL. I'd rather see him under Eakins as well, but we'll have to wait another year for that.

Such a stupid rule the AHL needs to get rid of. Eligible to play in the best league in the world but not the AHL. At the very least they could add in an exceptional player rule like the CHL.

sangreale

Feb 21, 2008
Such a stupid rule the AHL needs to get rid of. Eligible to play in the best league in the world but not the AHL. At the very least they could add in an exceptional player rule like the CHL.

That is a very short sighted attitude. That rule is in place so that the junior leagues are not stripped of their best players. Junior teams might as well close up shop if the rules are changed as you wish them to be. Too many of them are losing money as it is.

Terrence

Aug 3, 2010

It's not an AHL rule. It's an agreement between the NHL and the CHL. The CHL needs to have their star players, that they developed, keep playing in the CHL so their teams can sell tickets and make money.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad