Speculation: Morgan Rielly (Reporting to Marlies march 20th!) 2nd Star in Debut

Censored23

May 20, 2011
Definitely Marlies. Get him some experience playing with bigger, faster guys before throwing him into the big show.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Marlies, he has to sign an ATO.

If we need him, he can come to the Leafs and shine in the playoffs ;).

snizzbone*

My post from prospects thread:

Nothing is guaranteed, but I would think he'll be up with the Marlies. Definitely will not be up with the Leafs.

The only reason I can think of as to why he wouldn't be up with the Marlies is if they do not want to burn a year off his ELC for 15-20 AHL games.

sangreale

Feb 21, 2008
Four years of junior or be 20 years of age. Look it up for cripes sake!

And they would be Pejorative Slured to have him play in the NHL against some of the men they have here, as this NHL season is winding down. A great way to get a kid killed!

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009

And they would be Pejorative Slured to have him play in the NHL against some of the men they have here, as this NHL season is winding down. A great way to get a kid killed!

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=122896

Percy played a Marlies playoff game at the age of 18 after only 2 seasons of OHL hockey. Rielly can play for the Marlies once his WHL's season is over.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
as has been mentioned previously the rule doesn't apply once their respective chl seasons are complete. At least that's my understanding.

anderson3133

Apr 14, 2010
Kitchener

I think you should be familiar with the rule prior to comments such as these.

Morgan Rielly is allowed to play for the Marlies so long as he is either above 20 years old prior to starting the season OR he has been signed to a contract and his CHL team has completed their season OR emergency call-ups force him into the roster (similar to Kadri a few years prior).

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

That's not right. If you were drafted out of the CHL, and your team is eliminated from the CHL playoffs you are able to play in the AHL. Check Matt Puempel. You would think you would actually know the correct answer with the way you are posting.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
That's not right. If you were drafted out of the CHL, and your team is eliminated from the CHL playoffs you are able to play in the AHL. Check Matt Puempel. You would think you would actually know the correct answer with the way you are posting.

agreed with this. Got a bee in your bonnet, only to get stung....

jmart21

MISC!!!
Nov 16, 2009
All Over The Place
I would imagine he'd be a Marlie as soon as he possibly can be.

Would be great to see him and Gardiner play a few games together down there before calling Gardiner up to the NHL but I'd imagine he'll be up in the NHL before Rielly is in the A.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Play him in the Marlies and leave him there. He should be with Eakins much as possible. I am not sure how much beneficial it can be for him to play in WHL.

Especially in the Marlies, they could use the help and Reilly will get plenty of professional experience

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Play him in the Marlies and leave him there. He should be with Eakins much as possible. I am not sure how much beneficial it can be for him to play in WHL.

Especially in the Marlies, they could use the help and Reilly will get plenty of professional experience

Well he'll be able to play in the AHL playoffs once his WHL's team's season is over but next season, it's NHL or WHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad