Injury Report: Morgan Rielly on LTIR (update: expected return Dec 29)

LeafsandSharksfan

Cero Miedo
Jan 19, 2010
A lot of young players have been hovering on the periphery of our line up looking for ice time so if nothing else it's time to put up or shut up, young players are gonna get big minutes with elite forwards and we're going to see who sticks and who doesn't. I still believe the team is strong enough to get through this and likely keep a 2-3 spot in the Atlantic.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Reilly is over rated on these boards. Dumb as nails, muffin shot, can't defend & newly signed to a long term deal. Should have been traded....He's a #3/4 on a top notch team.....imho....going to be very interesting as you say!

We'll see....Italy has won many,many cups.....
Yes but not this time.

If anything Rielly is underrated on these boards. Lots of realistic views, that he's a low end number 1 and the posts that he crap. I really don't recall any posts saying he's the next Bobby Orr

Reactions: Jojalu

geo25

Sep 28, 2017
Yes but not this time.

If anything Rielly is underrated on these boards. Lots of realistic views, that he's a low end number 1 and the posts that he crap. I really don't recall any posts saying he's the next Bobby Orr
Lets agree to disagree....

Reactions: saltming

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Entitled....55 years since I saw a team win. I am entitled to expect a management team committed to winning, not being nice, not trying, but actually succeeding.
If you don’t expect or demand they win, then you are the type stopping us from winning. Potential is not enough for me but must be for you.
Exactly! I was 12 years old when our Leafs last won the cup in 1967!!! At 67, I might not have much more time on this earth to see them win another as an adult!!! Win it now, so I can die and RIP!!!

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
Hoefenmayer has been pretty good offensively for sure for the Marlies. I've liked some of Rifai's game as well. Mete wasn't terrible for us, in the three games he played for the Leafs though.

See, another post where you've completely missed the point, and then spun it to throw your agenda out there.. The post I'd quoted, was talking about your personal need to be informed, that the team had made complaints to the league about the knee on Matthews. That you feel you are owed to be informed about such actions is entitled.
Go and read. All I said a simple we discussed the issue with the league is sufficient. No details.
When MM gets carried off the ice with a dirty hit, I expect my coach, gm and Pres should talk.

Reactions: Al14

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
Yes but not this time.

He was only supported properly once in his time here. And had a career year with Hainsey. Dubas then decided to pass on him and replace him with Cody Ceci. LOL. He needs a solid stay at home partner to give him the freedom to play his game.

Reactions: IPS and saltming

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
You're confusing 'incompetence' with 'Indifference'.
What is it you think this 'pressure' will do? They'll flip a switch and try and win?

To think they don't want to win because they already sell tickets is pretty dumb, IMO.
It's the age old argument that they don't care about winning because of the barn is always filled and the money pours in. That was true back in the Ballard days, but you are correct it's incompetence not indifference that keeps them from winning.

For Chychrun? Hell no. That guys become next-level overrated around here.
Chychrun or Knies? :popcorn:

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
It's the age old argument that they don't care about winning because of the barn is always filled and the money pours in. That was true back in the Ballard days, but you are correct it's incompetence not indifference that keeps them from winning.

You think Knies is next-level overrated? Why am I not surprised.

Reactions: Namikaze Minato

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site

Chychryn obviously. Some here are comfortable trading Sandin, Robertson and a 1st for the guy. Way too much

Reactions: Al14 and horner

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
He was only supported properly once in his time here. And had a career year with Hainsey. Dubas then decided to pass on him and replace him with Cody Ceci. LOL. He needs a solid stay at home partner to give him the freedom to play his game.
I don't get how people don't see a to pairing defenseman there. Yes he has lapses but they all do, even the elite ones.
Add to that, he's a sooner for us. Heart and soul, homegrown player. I don't get the hate.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
I believe they had a decent thing too last year having a Muzzin-Brodie pairing take on the tough matchups and pairing Rielly with Boosh to help cover for the physical side of the game where Rielly lacks.

No doubt that Rielly did very well with Hainsey though.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Here's the crazy thought, how about at some point trying to draft and develop a Benn type? You'd then have them while they're in their prime and not in their twilight after they've been tossed in the NHL trash bin.

That Dubas thinks he can outsmart the league by drafting nothing but tiny dmen and forwards...good luck in the playoffs bud. Where exactly do Abramov, SDA types fit in this lineup????

You know Benn was undrafted right? He entered the NHL at 25, if Dubas drafted nothing but Benn types every year since he was GM we'd still be waiting another 2-3 years for the first one to make the NHL as a #7.

Reactions: Namikaze Minato

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I know he's required to miss 10 games or 24 days so I think it's 3 more games minimum.

But has there been any update at all on him?

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008

Dregs, give us reports on a few key players coming back to Canadian teams soon.

DD: We just talked about signings and potential trade fits, well, I'm looking at Toronto and I'm looking at Winnipeg. And they're looking at veteran star players on the cusp of returning, which will feel like a big trade. If you start with the Toronto Maple Leafs, as the Leafs acknowledge, Morgan Rielly has been skating. He continues to rehab that knee injury. (He) didn't need a procedure to fix it, he just needs time to strengthen the leg. So he's expected to be out at least another two weeks, maybe as long as three. And Nikolaj Ehlers of the Winnipeg Jets has been light skating of late as well – what a rash of injuries the Winnipeg Jets have had to deal with. They continue to do well, they're certainly treading water and staying afloat in that Central Division. But Ehlers will be a welcome-back addition in the next two-to-three weeks.

Budz

Jan 28, 2013
I would love to see what we could acquire with:

Rielly
Muzzin’s Cap
First round pick
Robertson
Kerfoot
Holl

Add those assets to our existing line up - report back.

MAB1

Jul 18, 2022
Our PP and scoring off the rush have been down significantly since Reilly went down. I think people are really underrating his contribution to our transition game.
They are, Rielly's strengths will be even more apparent with how structured and sound defensively the Leafs have been playing.

Reactions: Tarmore

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad