Morgan Rielly now T-6th in league scoring (UPD: Now T-14th )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
It's cute how HF still wants to downplay how good he is.

The dude was the #1 defenseman on Team North America two years ago, ahead of Jones, Parayko, and Trouba. He is elite.

I'm going to laugh so hard if he's nominated for the Norris after HF shitting on him all this time.

JeremyTB

Mar 16, 2007
I think these kind of threads are pointless this early in the season. Not the praising part but the discussion about early norris candidates and other trophies. Teams haven't even played 15 games yet. Atleast wait until after the new year when you can start to seperate the contenders from the pretenders.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
If he can finish top 5 in defenceman scoring, I will be very happy. Positive improvements every year, a case for patience with defencemen.

Still bad defensively.

Based on what?

I wouldn't call him good, but there are a lot of players between him and "bad". Connor Carrick is bad defensively.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Still bad defensively.
Maybe when he was a rookie. Now he's amazing defensively. The Pens couldn't get any chances against him last night. He's so fast and strong that you cant overpower him nor out skate him and he's too smart as well.
Neither of these are correct. Going too far in either direction just takes us in circles. Rielly is average (perhaps slightly above) in his own end, defending against high end players. He isn't a shutdown guy in the mold of Chara or something. The elite part about his defensive game is his transitions from defense to offense. Once he gets a hold of the puck, it generally leads to the Leafs having a good rush or scoring opportunity because of Rielly's strong skating and passing ability. He has also shown a will to shoot a bit more this year than he usually has, which gives him another dimension.

Quarter

The caravan moves on
Mar 3, 2011
Ontario
The spotlight goes on the team that wins the cup. Come back when that happens.Why would anyone be salty about a team that hasn't won a cup since before color tv was invented.
Colour TV has been around since the '50s, my dude.

And Rielly has been fantastic this year. As has Chabot. They both deserve any praise they get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad