Rumor: More trades coming?

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I feel like that conversation doesn't go on too long after bringing up Rackell.
Rackell is a luxury they likely can't afford - 3 more years left and an aging core..I would imagine they have interest in moving him since he is coming off one of his worst statistical season in years..Beaudin, Sikura and a 2020 2nd I would imagine generating plenty of talk between the two teams..

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
I know it’s been said before, but imagine being one of those teams in cap hell without having won anything. Would suck.
You'd think the Raptors championship would ease the pain for Leafs fans. Nope ... it just made them even more delusional.

Their next trade proposal:

Marner
2nd round pick

FOR

1983 Wayne Gretzky at that salary.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
You'd think the Raptors championship would ease the pain for Leafs fans. Nope ... it just made them even more delusional.

Marner
2nd round pick

FOR

They’d make Edmonton throw in a 1st.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL

Marner
2nd round pick

FOR

Someone should go post a Marner for McDavid on the trade boards with the tagline "amirite Leafs fans???"

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Rackell is a luxury they likely can't afford - 3 more years left and an aging core..I would imagine they have interest in moving him since he is coming off one of his worst statistical season in years..Beaudin, Sikura and a 2020 2nd I would imagine generating plenty of talk between the two teams..
Rakell is filthy. Imagine him ripping generational passes from Strome. Quit getting me excited, AD.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
That is not the norm but we will see.
My bad, I couldn't remember if it happened or not. Though you're right about the cap having a potential impact on that. Really weird that teams have no idea what they have to work with yet.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Rakell is filthy. Imagine him ripping generational passes from Strome. Quit getting me excited, AD.
hey just throwing some realistic options out there..

watching Skinner and Kayes signing their deals, rather trade some assets away for players at half the price but equal value to our team..Bob and Stan have a solid working relationship, do not be surprised if we do trade with them..might not be Ricky Ricardo..but something is likely there.

Reactions: Kevin Musto

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
hey just throwing some realistic options out there..

watching Skinner and Kayes signing there deals, rather trade some assets away for players at half the price but equal value to our team..Bob and Stan have a solid working relationship, do not be surprised if we do trade with them..might not be Ricky Ricardo..but something is likely there.
Kase is another guy I'd look. Maybe Terry.

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011

35FDDEC5883546D1A0F2D33C20D2B6_31o3pk9vxj.gif

Reactions: ColdSteel2

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Nashville shopping Subban.. shame he is 9M lol
I'll be willing to eat $2mn of that contract if they take Seabrook. :) I'll even staple a 2nd round pick.

I'll go to the Toronto fantasy board and make the proposal right now.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I still need someone to explain to me what a hockey move is. Or a hockey trade. Is that somehow specifying it's not cap/money related and just about the player? I don't see this in the manual or by-laws anywhere.

Whatever it is it drives me nuts, for some reason.
I've always seen it as a player for player or player swap kind of trade. No picks or prospects or any contract dumps etc. I could be wrong.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
I still need someone to explain to me what a hockey move is. Or a hockey trade. Is that somehow specifying it's not cap/money related and just about the player? I don't see this in the manual or by-laws anywhere.

Whatever it is it drives me nuts, for some reason.
I always take it as an "all things being equal" kind of trade where you are just swapping same position type players but because you think one player suits your team and system better than the other

IMO its not a trade to save money, swap contracts, give a forward for a D, extra picks, etc

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad