Confirmed with Link: Moose Not Renewing McCambridge

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
What about the guy who just left Ottawas organization, not Cameron alto i suppose he could be an option but the AHL guy who left... it was to purse opportunities elsewhere so maybe he is the guy? I want to say his first name is Travis but i could be wrong.

Or maybe Marc Crawford? lol.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto

jetswin

Jul 24, 2011
Vincent? Huddy? Maurice?

Guess when a better coach is available you grab him, same should apply to the Jets as well! See a few guys whose teams did well this season who were available and would have made a better choice than .500 Maurice who seems to have fooled a lot of people around here into thinking he is a good coach!
Wouldn't be surprised to see Vincent moved down as Moose head coach and a new special teams coach brought in with the Jets. Allows them to keep Pascal and make needed changes on the Jets.

Jimby

Reformed Optimist
Nov 5, 2013
Winnipeg
Having Vincent coaching the Moose would ensure that the Moose and Jets are playing the same system. Maurice had said that the Moose's system was different than the Jets this past year.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Vincent moved down as Moose head coach and a new special teams coach brought in with the Jets. Allows them to keep Pascal and make needed changes on the Jets.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
If the goal of this organization is to always be D&D thereby meaning they will always be playing their young players on the Moose, and most likely as a result always be at the bottom of the standings... does it really matter who coaches the Moose?

Being young and inexperienced doesn't mean they can't be successful at times. My belief is being a playoff team 2-3 times every 5 years is adequate. Help breed a winning culture.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I havnt followed closely but why has no one mentioned Sheldon keefe, is he looking for nhl job or has he signed on already with another ahl club?

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
Having Vincent coaching the Moose would ensure that the Moose and Jets are playing the same system. Maurice had said that the Moose's system was different than the Jets this past year.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=5583
11 years coaching experience in the Q -- made the playoffs every year, but only once made the 3rd round.

Could do worse I suppose. Just to get him the heck off of our Special Teams would be worth it. That & having Stuart assume the role of assistant coach of Moose & I'm on board for sure -- at least for a year or two

Say What

Building a Legacy 4/28/96 Never again!!
Jan 18, 2015
It'll be the no nonsense harda$$......Adam Oates.

IMO these prospects will enter the NHL, ready. No kid gloves. Earn it.

Minus his brief NHL stint (dealing with egocentric personalities), I believe the guy is a good teacher and motivator of 'raw' talent. The AHL is the perfect level for his coaching skill set.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Prospects development is critical this organization future and Chevy career as our GM. They will pull out all the stops for this hire, no short cut will be taken or money spared (within reason of course).

Very interested who they hire.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013

Minus his brief NHL stint (dealing with egocentric personalities), I believe the guy is a good teacher and motivator of 'raw' talent. The AHL is the perfect level for his coaching skill set.

Oates says he has no interest n coaching again.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Prospects development is critical this organization future and Chevy career as our GM. They will pull out all the stops for this hire, no short cut will be taken or money spared (within reason of course).

Very interested who they hire.

Agreed. This will be a very important hire for the organization. Someone who is a good teacher and is willing to take on a farm team that is all about development.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
If I were the Jets coach or GM, that last person I'd want coaching the Moose is Dale Hawerchuk. Should this ever happen it begins the countdown to him replacing not only Maurice as coach, but on replacing Chevy as GM.

Should this happen, the call will come from Chipman & will clearly illustrate once for all if it's the GM or the ownership calling the shots in Winnipeg.

Thai jet*

Oct 23, 2014
Thailand

Has done a fantastic job with 55. Would like him with the Jets. He really got T.B.'s PP going as assist.

Jawafa

Jul 30, 2007
Manitoba
Kelly Mcrimmon or Ralph Krueger would be my choice. Although the more likely options mentioned in here are Baumgarner or Vincent.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Has done a fantastic job with 55. Would like him with the Jets. He really got T.B.'s PP going as assist.

Working with a player on his individual skills is very different than coaching a team, he was horrible in Washington. He also says he does not have any desire to be a coach again

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
Late to the party but was happy to hear this.

Have not liked mccambridge for a long time. Very odd use of grinder/garbage players over skill players quite regularly. Poor on ice results. Unremarkable "player development" results.

Really disliked him so I'm happy to see them gonin a new direction.

I don't think it's a move that needs "story managing* your minor league coach who has coached one of the worst minor league teams for two years was not offered a contract extension.

That's not really even news worthy. Hell, reupping him would have required more of an explanation then not.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Event closes
    • Updated: