Confirmed with Link: Moose Not Renewing McCambridge

jiho

Apr 30, 2012
Whoever it is I just hope it is a credible coach that can be a threat to Maurice's job. It may force Maurice to make decisions to actually try and ice the best lineup possible to win knowing his job may be on the line.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Agreed. Funny how "loyalty" seems to be associated only with guys with contracts with $ and term on them ;)

Really I think it stems from the original hiring of Noel and Zinger more than anything else. That theme ignores the fat that they went outside the old TNSE Moose organization to hire Chevy.

Of course they would lean toward hiring people they knew. Noel had paid his dues to get an NHL job. He was a legitimate candidate and he got a relatively good record out of the material he had. Some people seem to resent the fact that Zinger has raised himself up from a lowly position but the truth is that he has paid his dues too. He has proven quite capable of building a winning AHL team when that is what was wanted. I think we will see more changes than just the coach on the Moose next year and it will be Zinger's job to look after the details.

Perhaps TNSE wants the coach of the Moose to also be a potential future Jets coach and they decided McCambridge was not future NHL coach material.

Makes sense to me. Not in the sense of a coach in waiting, a threat to Maurice but the potential should be there.

Whoever it is I just hope it is a credible coach that can be a threat to Maurice's job. It may force Maurice to make decisions to actually try and ice the best lineup possible to win knowing his job may be on the line.

I don't think there will be any hint of a threat to Maurice until his job is actually in danger, which it is not right now.

We have a thread about Chevy's job security. What about Maurice's? The consensus is that Chevy has a lot of rope left. Will he be allowed a third coach or is Maurice more safe than Chevy is? Coaches get fired more often and more quickly than GMs do but I think if Maurice goes Chevy may not be far behind.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Perhaps TNSE wants the coach of the Moose to also be a potential future Jets coach and they decided McCambridge was not future NHL coach material.

Coaching version of draft and develop.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Smells like an inside job. Mike Keane, Jimmy Roy and Brian Chapman about to be named as the new Moose coaching staff.;)

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I'm not disappointed, needed a change. Hopefully this is just the first of other changes within this organization.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Great news, this is cause to celebrate with a cold one. I mean, I don't normally start drinking at 6:30 but... hey, I was busy and I'm running late today. :)

I wonder if this was why Mike Yeo was in town.

Winnipeg Jets

Lucky #7
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
Odd decision, you would think he'd have a little slack with the young roster he was handed this season. Oh well, there must be someone they really want in that role or maybe it was something personal. I doubt we'll ever really know.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Odd decision, you would think he'd have a little slack with the young roster he was handed this season. Oh well, there must be someone they really want in that role or maybe it was something personal. I doubt we'll ever really know.

Lawless was joking that he made some phone calls to find out why and he was told to take a hike and it's none of his business. :laugh:

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
The Moose weren't given much to work with this season, much in the same as last season, but when you're in a draft and develop model to the extent that the Jets are, any stagnation of your prospects is a bad thing. You don't want to rely on your vets to win games, but they should also be better than what we've had. I wonder what is going on behind the scenes at TNSE.

jiho

Apr 30, 2012
The Moose weren't given much to work with this season, much in the same as last season, but when you're in a draft and develop model to the extent that the Jets are, any stagnation of your prospects is a bad thing. You don't want to rely on your vets to win games, but they should also be better than what we've had. I wonder what is going on behind the scenes at TNSE.

I think the Jets should of been better more than the Moose should of been better.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Lawless was joking that he made some phone calls to find out why and he was told to take a hike and it's none of his business. :laugh:

See I dont get this. Why not manage the story? He had a disagreement with the way t kings were handled or maybe his players weren't developing (they arent) as good as they should. In this vacuum of information nothing good can come out of it.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
I think the Jets should of been better more than the Moose should of been better.

Yes, but when your pipeline is looking to use these young players, then any stagnation is seen as a bad thing. When it's a concerted stagnation amongst all your young rookies, then there might be a problem. PMo is not a problem on the Jets. Look at the PK from the last 2 months of the season vs the rest of the time. It performed a decent clip above league average.

Also, this thread is about the Moose, not the Jets. Don't try to change the subject.

See I dont get this. Why not manage the story? He had a disagreement with the way t kings were handled or maybe his players weren't developing (they arent) as good as they should. In this vacuum of information nothing good can come out of it.

How often do we find out the reason behind any firings and hirings? Some are self evident (most every coach firing is), but if there's more to the situation, as it seems to be the case here, there is probably little good to come out of explaining why something like this happened. TNSE won't throw him under the bus, and I doubt McCambridge would do the same. Leave on amiable terms, because the hockey world is very small.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
I did like McCambridge's brutally honest interview the other day when he said Matt Fraser was not very good and Jay Harrison did not take the demotion to the Moose very well.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013

He wasn't fired exactly. His contract expired. I think they just decided it was time for a new direction.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
I seem to recall during our last season in St. John's that one of our Ice Caps posters, maybe Trouty, was very critical of McCambridge.

It will be interesting to see who will take his place.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I seem to recall during our last season in St. John's that one of our Ice Caps posters, maybe Trouty, was very critical of McCambridge.

It will be interesting to see who will take his place.

I don't think an AHL coach should be judged by wins and losses. They are a slave to the parent club in so many ways.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad