Post-Game Talk: Montreal's 4th Line Gives Leafs #4 overall (for now) 4-0 Habs

Status
Not open for further replies.

go_leafs_go02

Apr 24, 2004
London, ON
You put JVR & Kessel with a true #1 centre and that line will take off. They're slumping, they're not into it right now, and that's not going to change for the rest of the season.

Phaneuf is the guy I want gone. I don't see him ever getting better than how he plays now. I don't see him as our captain. We know what magic JVR & Kessel can bring to the team offensively. Didn't seem like the Leafs played any different without Phaneuf in the lineup.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
You put JVR & Kessel with a true #1 centre and that line will take off. They're slumping, they're not into it right now, and that's not going to change for the rest of the season.

Phaneuf is the guy I want gone. I don't see him ever getting better than how he plays now. I don't see him as our captain. We know what magic JVR & Kessel can bring to the team offensively. Didn't seem like the Leafs played any different without Phaneuf in the lineup.

They might be able to trade van Reimsdyk and Lisa Kadri for a 1st. line center if someone had 3.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
"all-heart" Habs (how sickening was that love affair tonight?)

This was irritating, but I also thik that the Leafs can never be good unless they have a player or more who will always make Team Canada, and they continue to win.

I hated how Healy called us the "Marlies" tonight.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
They might be able to trade van Reimsdyk and Lisa Kadri for a 1st. line center if someone had 3.

Yeah and the way Horachek is turning him into a defenseman we are going to need a center. The genius knows hockey like no other. Maybe kadri is a first pairing d-man in the making. Who knew! The future looks bright.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Two things that I hated during the game.

1) Glenn Healy referring to the Leafs as the Marlies, even though Toronto had been out shooting Montreal when he made that and it was all Carey Price why they were winning.

2) The refs not waiving off the 3rd Montreal goal when Brendan Gallagher pushes Bernier into the net with his stick. It looked just like what Malkin did last season.

brodano

Oct 19, 2011
I don't understand why HNIC has to keep talking about how little respect Dion gets in the league. They talked about it when the ref wouldn't talk to him after his unsportsmanlike penalty saying that any other captain in the league would have got to talk to the ref, when in reality if Getzlaf was saying F U to a ref over and over they probably wouldn't get to speak to the ref either!

Or saying Weise will continue to take runs at Dion in a 4-0 game because thats how much respect he gets. If the leafs were winning they would be singing a different tune thats for sure. This is the whole media thing creating negative energy for the organization, and until that changes it doesn't matter if we get Mcdavid or Crosby, the media will find a way to complain or cause a commotion over nothing.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
Two things that I hated during the game.

1) Glenn Healy referring to the Leafs as the Marlies, even though Toronto had been out shooting Montreal when he made that and it was all Carey Price why they were winning.

2) The refs not waiving off the 3rd Montreal goal when Brendan Gallagher pushes Bernier into the net with his stick. It looked just like what Malkin did last season.

As much as I hated that call being made, there was zero response to Gallagher pushing him in the net.

I get that the season is over, but to not even have the stones to push 5'8 Brendan Gallagher out of the front of the crease is embarrassing. I'd like to see some players that have more pride than that. Its Saturday night in the Bell Centre. If you can't get up for that, it's going to be a long rest of the season.

You shouldn't even give Healy the time of day. He says that stuff so that people will talk about him.

YearsintheWilderness

Jul 15, 2007
I don't understand why HNIC has to keep talking about how little respect Dion gets in the league. They talked about it when the ref wouldn't talk to him after his unsportsmanlike penalty saying that any other captain in the league would have got to talk to the ref, when in reality if Getzlaf was saying F U to a ref over and over they probably wouldn't get to speak to the ref either!

Or saying Weise will continue to take runs at Dion in a 4-0 game because thats how much respect he gets. If the leafs were winning they would be singing a different tune thats for sure. This is the whole media thing creating negative energy for the organization, and until that changes it doesn't matter if we get Mcdavid or Crosby, the media will find a way to complain or cause a commotion over nothing.

:laugh:

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario

Somehow you're missing the point. The reason Dion gets so little respect, and the reason he shouldn't be the captain of the team, is because he does things like say **** you to the referees over and over again.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
This team is seriously so god damn soft. At least when Orr and MacLaren were in the lineup no one would **** with us. Now we are a joke

rumple03

Oct 1, 2008
I thought the Leafs did outplay them. They definitely outshot and outchanced them in the first 40 minutes. The third period was all MTL though.

It's all good though. I'm not salty about it. Price is great and he's apart of the team. It's just not sustainable for them.

Are you being serious or scarcastic?
2nd place overall and top 5 most of the season is not obtained via luck or bc of one person.
The team is more than Price and if you dont see that well.... no point of even debating with you.
Dont be blinded by hate or ignorance.

Suzuki x 14

GoHabsGo
Mar 14, 2006
Montreal
I come in peace...

Just wanna say, Thank you to the Leafs fans that I was sitting next to in section 304, they were a group of 6 guys in town from Toronto, the best group of visiting fans ive sat next too, all around great guys and filled the game with laughs, thanks again for the beers.

....for what it's worth, I though Leafs outplayed Habs, but Carey was....well, Carey! (especially early on, until we scored)

Cheers to all!

Joey24

Mar 9, 2002
New Zealand
Hopefully we can maintain this spot the Yotes are 8 points back and I don't see them jumping up to 4th. I do however hope that if we don't win the lotto and nab McDavid that we are able to take get our hands on Dylan Strome.

The kid pretty much has it all I'm relay excited that we can potentially get this kid in a leafs jersey. If it's not Connor I hope we can land this kid.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
yes we are now in 4th .....worse that is.

We need to make a couple of more deals to trade a couple of of our core players. Love our captains effort what a leader:laugh::laugh:

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
yes we are now in 4th .....worse that is.

We need to make a couple of more deals to trade a couple of of our core players. Love our captains effort what a leader:laugh::laugh:

There is a handful of players I hope to not see wear the Leaf Jersey again. Unfortunately, the majority of them are still here. So far the Leafs have basically traded everyone that was brought in to help the Captain be a better leader and support the core. The problem remains. What could it be?

Dirty Dan

Saturday Night Lupul
May 5, 2010
in ur crease
what's a worse contract:

JVR = $4.25
Komarov = $2.9

Seriously, Leo does nothing he's a plug.
Yeah let's ignore the fact that he had a CONCUSSION, before that he was one of our best forwards, putting up a lot of points and being physical.

Ovechkin broke our player

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
This team is seriously so god damn soft. At least when Orr and MacLaren were in the lineup no one would **** with us. Now we are a joke

What are you going to expect when we're rebuilding? If you can't stand the team's losing ways now, you most certainly will not have it any easier when we tear it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad