Pre-Game Talk: Montreal-Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I would take Beaulieu in my top4 before Drewiske without thinking twice. Drewiske was not able to get a spot in the LA defence who have Keaton Ellerby and Alec Martinez.....Drewiske is -5 in his last 5 games and i don't believe this guy can play over 20 minutes a night. Beaulieu is pretty close to be NHL ready from the 10-15 Hamilton and the 2 NHL games we seen.

Let's see how Drewiske handle OV line....
So many things wrong with this, I don't even...

First, both Alec Martinez and Keaton Ellerby are good defenseman. They are also both younger and controllable (RFA), which is a good reason to keep them.

LA has constantly been praised for their defensive depth.

Quick is a very good goalie, but he gets a lot of help from an incredible defensive unit.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Drewiske is a Top-4 defenseman, but Beaulieu is not a Top-4 guy this point. I'd rather take the guy with NHL experience at this point.

We're a team that is going to play Renee Bourque on the fourth line because there is no reason to break up the top 3.

rene-bourque.jpg

This... On your fourth line.

Nothing to see here folks see you at the celebratory PGT.
Bourque will play on the 4th line, not because of depth, but because it's his first game in months. Prust, unfortunately, will move down a line when Bourque's ready to move up.

void

Jan 5, 2006
The person who was supposed to do today's GDT got banned. Someone else going to step up? :laugh:

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
So many things wrong with this, I don't even...

First, both Alec Martinez and Keaton Ellerby are good defenseman. They are also both younger and controllable (RFA), which is a good reason to keep them.

LA has constantly been praised for their defensive depth.

Quick is a very good goalie, but he gets a lot of help from an incredible defensive unit.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Drewiske is a Top-4 defenseman, but Beaulieu is not a Top-4 guy this point. I'd rather take the guy with NHL experience at this point.

Bourque will play on the 4th line, not because of depth, but because it's his first game in months. Prust, unfortunately, will move down a line when Bourque's ready to move up.

Why is that unfortunate? All it means is that the Habs have regained some of their depth.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Why is that unfortunate? All it means is that the Habs have regained some of their depth.
By unfortunate, I meant for him, not us. Prust has played great this year and deserves quality TOI, but we have too much depth for him to get it.

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
By unfortunate, I meant for him, not us. Prust has played great this year and deserves quality TOI, but we have too much depth for him to get it.

Well Therrien uses his fourth more than the typical coach, so I'm fine with this. Brings a bit more offense to the line too.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
The person who was supposed to do today's GDT got banned. Someone else going to step up? :laugh:

That was Lucic's only contribution of the evening. Some benighted lout on the Bruins board said that he would take the loss to put Emelin out of action. Julien would have infinitely preferred Lucic to score.

Strat

Nov 24, 2011
Toronto
Ryder - Bonk - Higgins
Pacioretty - Bouillon - Koivu
Kovalev - Marcel Hossa - Komisarek
Streit - Dackell - Czerkawski

Dagenais - Subban
Markov - Souray
Dykhuis - Sopel

Hackett

Sick team.
???

Dagenais was a winger ; not a D-man.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

Of course it's because of depth. You think Bourque would be playing on the 4th line if our top six had trouble scoring goals with Moen on one of the wings?

MT has the luxury of being able to slowly integrate him back into the game thanks to our productive depth. Otherwise he would have gone straight back to where he was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad