Votes: 125 19.3%
  • Rangers in 5

Votes: 20 3.1%
  • Rangers in 4

Votes: 8 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

IMG_6237.png
IMG_5088.png

New York Rangers (1M) vs. Florida Panthers (1A)

Eastern Conference Finals

Game 1: Panthers at Rangers -- May 22, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 2: Panthers at Rangers -- May 24, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Rangers at Panthers -- May 26, 3 p.m. ET (ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 4: Rangers at Panthers -- May 28, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 5: Panthers at Rangers -- May 30, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 6: Rangers at Panthers -- June 1, 8 p.m. ET (ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 7: Panthers at Rangers -- June 3, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ If Necessary

Last edited:

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
The flying Trouba elbow will be looking for Barkov or any good player on the panthers.....watch out.

What panthers fans are giving up? Florida should win this in 6
A number of my fellow Cat fans in this thread already.

Panthers do great pre-scouting so not worried about Trouba at all. We always seem well prepared against the Rangers.

Reactions: lubitschtouch

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Such mixed feelings about Trocheck. I was so proud of his development, watched him grow into a great 2nd liner. Then he got tripped. Then he got hurt. Then he became a baby and I wanted him gone so bad.

It was like a break up that needed to happen. We had our good times. We've both moved on and succeeded. More we meet again. I've got a bit of soft spot for him now looking back.

It's gonna be a great series.
His last season for us was frustrating to watch.

But other than that he was a really good player for us, seemed well liked in the locker room too.

Machinehead

Jiminy Crickets Let's Cut the Hubris
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The Panthers are the most playoff built roster in the sport, they're not going to get baited into that garbage tbh. I'd also be worried with how physical they are in front of Igor too. The Caps/Canes were baby soft in front of him, Florida will try to get in his head the most out of any team of this year's playoffs. I got Florida in 6 but the road map for NYR is like you said. I just don't see them getting baited like the Canes/Caps.
The Rangers are probably a little bit better at 5v5 than people think.

Some of the newer analytics people, doing stuff beyond xG; they really like us. Meghan Chayka's xG model had us beating out Carolina (marginally). We don't get much but the chances we get are busted, beyond what the current models measure.

Now, on the flipside, we were +1 at 5v5, and that is what it is. Which is odd, because Panarin-Trocheck-Lafreniere had the most 5v5 goals in the league. Since Chris Kreider entered the league, his neighbors in GF% include Sidney Crosby and Nathan MacKinnon. Our top six drives goal differential like crazy. Our bottom six is legit the worst I've ever seen on a contender. The only reason Cuylle-Wennberg-Kakko aren't the most offensively inept 4th line in the league is because they're our 3rd line.

That's a legitimate weakness. If we don't continue to get close to 1.5 PPG production out of top guys, we're gonna have trouble scoring.

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
Our top six is phenomenal, we have a good system that's great at controlling chance quality even if we don't always have the puck, we're the best special teams team in the league factoring in both sides, and we have Igor.

Our defense corps is violently overrated and our bottom six is rotting garbage.

That's why we'll win and why we'll lose.

And also nursing an injury.

Schneider is probably above average to be fair. He's good. Gustafsson is fine.

Miller has one braincell. Trouba and Lindgren are barely NHL players.
Have u watched ekblad lately

Florida took the regular season 2-1 if anyone takes stock in that.
Don't matter

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
The Rangers are probably a little bit better at 5v5 than people think.

Some of the newer analytics people, doing stuff beyond xG; they really like us. Meghan Chayka's xG model had us beating out Carolina (marginally). We don't get much but the chances we get are busted, beyond what the current models measure.

Now, on the flipside, we were +1 at 5v5, and that is what it is. Which is odd, because Panarin-Trocheck-Lafreniere had the most 5v5 goals in the league. Since Chris Kreider entered the league, his neighbors in GF% include Sidney Crosby and Nathan MacKinnon. Our top six drives goal differential like crazy. Our bottom six is legit the worst I've ever seen on a contender. The only reason Cuylle-Wennberg-Kakko aren't the most offensively inept 4th line in the league is because they're our 3rd line.

That's a legitimate weakness. If we don't continue to get close to 1.5 PPG production out of top guys, we're gonna have trouble scoring.

They're better at 5v5 than the most Rags teams in the past, that's all they need tbh. It was the difference for them in the Carolina series. The 5v5 production wasn't that far off but the special teams production pushed them over the edge or lack of special teams from the Carolina side. Florida, like I've said, are the most built playoff roster in the league. The difference will be if Bob falls off a cliff v the Rangers elite finishing.

barkovcanfinnish

remember to breathe
Sep 22, 2014
Chicago, IL
The Rangers seem like a team that will not be denied. A lot of great players and coaching on their side. Definitely seem like a team that is meant for greatness.

I think Florida has been showing some concerning trends at times in these playoffs. Special teams has stalled out in important moments for us. If we can’t get that together, it’s over.

But, I ride with my boys. Panthers in 6

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
I like the Rangers, i think Trochek been the best player so far in these playoffs, great goaltending, however...
Panthers will beat the Rangers.

Better coaching, system, depth in scoring, also, Rangers have players that can go slumping if the series doesn't start well for them
Panthers coaching prevents this.

Panthers are mentally stronger.

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
Rangers got away with some weak goals in the last series that helped contribute to that 3-0 lead they started off with. That (probably) won't be the case again.

But with that being said, Panarin has absolutely clapped Bobrovsky's cheeks for the last 5 years so..

The only thing I know for sure about this series is that there will be dirty hits and cheap shots from both teams and the roster each team starts the series with will not be the roster they finish the series with. Depth is about to be tested on both sides. Both these teams have characters that don't hit to take someone off the puck, they hit to put him in the ER and that's just a fact

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad