Montreal UFA's - Who would you bring back

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
Which players would you bring back at the same salary for one more season (see poll above):

Gionta, Brian $5,000,000
Parros, George $937,500
Markov, Andrei $5,750,000
Bouillon, Francis $1,500,000
Murray, Douglas $1,500,000
Diaz, Raphael $1,225,000

Last edited:

SnapVirus

Jul 16, 2010
Mtl., QC.
Only player on that list i offer a contract is Markov. The other can sign whereveer they want, i dont care.

Analyzer*

Markov, let the rest go.

Our d isn't very good, so bringing back any one of our bottom 3 isn't worth it. Parros has had bad luck here and Gionta isn't worth bringing back unless Desharnais and Briere are gone.

Habsterix*

Gionta on a two year deal worth $6M total ($3M cap hit).

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
Who would you bring back at the same salary for one more season (see poll above):

Gionta, Brian $5,000,000
Parros, George $937,500
Markov, Andrei $5,750,000
Bouillon, Francis $1,500,000
Murray, Douglas $1,500,000
Diaz, Raphael $1,225,000

No one. Markov better be traded at the deadline for good, young assets. Our next cup run is 3-4 years away, with the Gallys, Pacioretty, Eller, Bournival, Subban, Emelin, Gorges and maybe Plekanec.

Harpo

Lyle forever
Sep 20, 2007
Quebec City
Based on current salary, I only chose Diaz. But he'll be asking for 2.5mill +.

Markov for 4mill/2y. Maybe up to 4.5. But he's seriously slowing down. I wish he'll retire as a Hab, but if he wants a last big payoff, then I hope it's not with us.

Bye bye Gionta, Parros and Bouillon. Gionta is probably worth around 3 millions, but he's no fit for this team.

Harpo

Lyle forever
Sep 20, 2007
Quebec City
Just to clarify things:

Bouillon and Parros are done.

Murray is too slow, and although I like his physicality, he's just a bad D. Maybe at 1 mill/1y if we're desperate.

Gionta is not worth more than 3 millions now. And with Brière, Desharnais, Gallagher etc signed for next year, I don't even want him at 2 mill. If Briere or Desharnais are dealt, then OK.

Markov will be looking for a final big contract. I'd love to have him back, but the best thing would be to deal him to a contender at the deadline. If not, we'll lose him for nothing, or will sign him for a contract we'll be regretting. In some ways, this is kind of the same thing as when Gauthier traded Halak. It will break your heart, but it's the best thing to do.

I don't really like Diaz this year, but to answer the OP's question, I would gladly sign him back to a 1.25mill/year contract, but that won't happen.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
None. I'm assuming Markov will want more term than his legs can provide.

AntonCH

Jul 6, 2009
No one. Markov better be traded at the deadline for good, young assets. Our next cup run is 3-4 years away, with the Gallys, Pacioretty, Eller, Bournival, Subban, Emelin, Gorges and maybe Plekanec.

LOL
Like Molson will let bergevin deal Markov if we're in the hunt for a playoff spot
Only if we're out of it does this happen

Player 61

#Winning
Aug 4, 2007
West Island
Markov of course! I'd re-sign Murray for 1-Year also, as the spare guy to play the tough teams, Just Love the way he hits! Maybe he can teach Tinordi some of that tenacity.

Boullion and Diaz can walk.. We have the replacements.

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
What is the point of this question..? Some player have approximately around the same skills as when they sign their last contract, others don't. Obviously, no one would be interested in signing Gio at 5M. But, maybe at 2-3M some will be interested.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Markov of course! I'd re-sign Murray for 1-Year also, as the spare guy to play the tough teams, Just Love the way he hits! Maybe he can teach Tinordi some of that tenacity.

Boullion and Diaz can walk.. We have the replacements.

You and eye see eye to eye :yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad