Confirmed with Link: Montreal sends Hoffman & Pitlick to Pittsburgh for Petry (25% retained by Pens), DeSmith, Legare & Pens 2025 2nd

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
I see Granlund in more so than Petry a) with how his last season with team went and b) with how packed D is, we moved Ed for that reason.

My speculative guess:
Pitlick, Hoffman out.
Salary retention for EK and Granlund coming in. Could be a good winger to boost value for. He was horrible last year but seems like the type to take a while to get on new team.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
If the rumour is correct and Petry is back, how is Montreal not on his 15 team no trade list

Apparently, he wants to stay in the East only. He and his family didn't hate Montreal. They hated Covid restrictions and Petry hated Ducharme. Both those are now resolved. He also enjoyed playing for MSL.

I'm sure he's aware that Montreal probably tries to flip him again too. Maybe at TD or next Draft when cap will increase significantly. At most it's a year.

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
I see Granlund in more so than Petry a) with how his last season with team went and b) with how packed D is, we moved Ed for that reason.

My speculative guess:
Pitlick, Hoffman out.
Salary retention for EK and Granlund coming in. Could be a good winger to boost value for. He was horrible last year but seems like the type to take a while to get on new team.
Granlund is going to San Jose

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad