Pre-Game Talk: Montreal @ Pittsburgh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tunez33

Mar 29, 2013
Players should be able to permanently earn their place on the top lines.

they should play for another team if they want that, what do we look like the chicago blackhawks or something :sarcasm:

Last edited:

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
its crazy that malkin n crosby are gonna be most likely under point per game by the end of the season, with all this talent. :amazed: Everyone on the roster besides fleury is on pace to have their worst season of their career statistically speaking, some by far.

It's the coach. Players don't all of a sudden forget how to do everything all at the same time. I'm prepared to have him for another 3+ years.

neonoto4

Apr 8, 2013
So has Sid... But I guess he's been demoted by getting Duper on his wing again.

Then again, so has everyone. Seriously, if you are going to demote Horny, then demote Sid as well, he's not scoring.
Demote Dupuis too, he's not scoring.
Perron? Demoted.
Malkin? He's not setting the world on fire. Demoted.
Letang? Third line paring.
Cole? Pressbox.
Maata? Sweden.

You can roll the dice all day and come up with all kinds of line combos, but until there is a coaching change/or change the system that they play, This has been an ongoing issue. How can some of the top talent in the NHL play so badly, since about the middle of last season? Coaching. Get rid of the coach, or keep shuffling the deck.

Headshot77

Bad Photoshopper
Feb 15, 2015
Then again, so has everyone. Seriously, if you are going to demote Horny, then demote Sid as well, he's not scoring.
Demote Dupuis too, he's not scoring.
Perron? Demoted.
Malkin? He's not setting the world on fire. Demoted.
Letang? Third line paring.
Cole? Pressbox.
Maata? Sweden.

You can roll the dice all day and come up with all kinds of line combos, but until there is a coaching change/or change the system that they play, This has been an ongoing issue. How can some of the top talent in the NHL play so badly, since about the middle of last season? Coaching. Get rid of the coach, or keep shuffling the deck.
Exactly. You can't demote everyone!

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Just give Sid's line 3rd line minutes, Bonino and Bennett's line 2nd line minutes, and Geno's 1st.

:naughty:

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Ya know what...seriously...F it. With Sid playing the way he is...why not:

Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis
Perron-Malkin-Kessel
Bennett-Bonino-Hornqvist
Fehr-Cullen-Sprong/Plotnikov

Send KCD out there...at this point, none of them could go any lower. Then you get 3 other kick buns lines.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Always good to look for the positive, right? Hate to be the pointy elbow kid, but ...

If Maatta is scratched with Scuderi still in the lineup...I may have to re-evaluate my entire reality.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh

Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis
Perron-Malkin-Kessel
Bennett-Bonino-Hornqvist

Send KCD out there...at this point, none of them could go any lower. Then you get 3 other kick buns lines.

i'd say why not? I've been hating on Kunitz and Duper way before it became fashionable, but since they just desperatly want to keep them around, let them reunite and sink to whatever low they hit, maybe that will reignite Sid, I know it does not make sense, but what the heck...

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
Pens Inside Scoop ‏@PensInsideScoop 2m2 minutes ago View translation
#Pens lines at practice:
Dupuis-Crosby-Bennett
Perron-Malkin-Kessel
Kunitz-Bonino-Hornqvist

This Dupuis on the first line really has me counting down the days until the season is over.

How can you even root for this kind of ineptitude?

Saints11

Jan 24, 2012
Pittsburgh
Kunitz gots to go to the pressbox. Mind numbing how Sprong is being used. Send him back to Charlottetown if he's the current extra forward. Good ol' Rutherford! [/COLOR]

And, what is with organization attempting to convert players into something they're not?

Megna: "Start throwing your body around."

Tangradi: "You got size; get a little nasty."

Bennett: "You better start playing as a power-forward as well as being more defensively responsible."

Sprong: "Go work on your defensive game while we put you in a limited role."

How about getting players that actually familiar with that role instead of trying to force younger players into it?[/QUOTE

The misuse of Sprong falls on our junior coach. Beginning to think that JR's hands are tied by the owners who may not want to burden a new owner with paying Junior Joe for doing nothing. Hell, we are already paying him for doing nothing!

robopigeon

Dec 9, 2013
I'm no great hockey mind but...

Hustle - Crosby - Playmaking

Finishing - Malkin - Finishing

Seems like an idiotic way to put together the top lines. But again, I'm no great hockey mind.

Also, can't believe we're this far into the season and we haven't seen Perron - Crosby - Horny tried yet.

Blah.

Kristopher Letang

RIP Nipsey
Mar 7, 2013
Montréal, QC
I'm no great hockey mind but...

Hustle - Crosby - Playmaking

Finishing - Malkin - Finishing

Seems like an idiotic way to put together the top lines. But again, I'm no great hockey mind.

Also, can't believe we're this far into the season and we haven't seen Perron - Crosby - Horny tried yet.

Blah.

Perron is a finisher? Ok.

Malkin112*

Pens Inside Scoop ‏@PensInsideScoop 2m2 minutes ago View translation
#Pens lines at practice:
Dupuis-Crosby-Bennett
Perron-Malkin-Kessel
Kunitz-Bonino-Hornqvist

It's safe to say that Neal trade was catastrophe

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Drop that gimmick, please. Geno is playing some of his best hockey in my opinions. Two way Geno is playoff Geno. He's domianting and looks great.

The gimmick that the world is falling is so old.

Malkin112*

Drop that gimmick, please. Geno is playing some of his best hockey in my opinions. Two way Geno is playoff Geno. He's domianting and looks great.

The gimmick that the world is falling is so old.

I will drop it... for now. I'm still mad though

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Well, Bennett on Sid's RW is progress. Wonder how many shifts that will last.

Why can't we even get the lines right? Why does this organization insist on starting two steps back every game they go into? :laugh:

Perron - Crosby - Hornqvist
Bennett - Malkin - Kessel
Fehr/Sprong - Bonino - Fehr/Sprong
Plotnikov - Cullen - Dupuis

Is it really that hard?

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
It's safe to say that Neal trade was catastrophe

Nah, generally Horny has done what he's been brought in to do. He's off to a slow start this year but he will be fine and he is still the exact type of guy you want in the playoffs.

Not to mention Neal was demoted to the third line for a bit this year, it didn't mean we automatically won the trade.

Headshot77

Bad Photoshopper
Feb 15, 2015

Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis
Perron-Malkin-Kessel
Bennett-Bonino-Hornqvist

That bottom 9 looks amazing

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
That bottom 9 looks amazing

Yeah then watch KCD go out and dominate like it's 2011. Kunitz becomes a 35 goal scorer, Duper notches 25 himself, and Sid goes on to win the Art Ross...

...only to be rendered completely irrelevant in the playoffs.

Penguinsyay

Jul 20, 2007

Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis
Perron-Malkin-Kessel
Bennett-Bonino-Hornqvist

I actually wouldn't mind this, assuming that the other lines are given more ice time. Crosby is happy because he gets to play with his buddies, maybe it'll even reignite some old spark in his play. All of the other lines become stronger without Kunitz/Dupuis on them.

Edit: At the very least it'd be good for a chuckle or two. Increase ticket sales due to nostalgia factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad