Pre-Game Talk: Montreal @ Pittsburgh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
RH RW are in demand. Pens have a surplus of them. Time to move one for a RH D or a big LW. Anaheim is pinching pennies and any trade involving Kunitz is not in the cards. Pens have zero cap room and JR allowed himself to be stuck with Kunitz, Scuderi contracts. Should have at the very least bought out Scuderi. If you trade for Kessell, you have to unload obligations to make some wiggle room.

We should NOT be trading any right-handed right-wingers, or right-handed left-wingers, BEFORE we deal Kunitz for ANYTHING we can get. Besides, Dupuis' situation is going to be day to day for the rest of his career imo. Don't trade the depth. We will need it.

MR50goalscorer

† Assyrian MMA †
Jan 26, 2008
Canada
breakout game for both Malkin and Crosby with 2 goals each

I honestly think that Pittsburgh is gonna be a top 3 team this year , just waiting on the offense to pick up, only a matter of time

Headshot77

Bad Photoshopper
Feb 15, 2015
breakout game for both Malkin and Crosby with 2 goals each

I honestly think that Pittsburgh is gonna be a top 3 team this year , just waiting on the offense to pick up, only a matter of time

As long as we are playing defensively sound, I think we will be okay. The problem is that we have a 2nd pairing guy on the first (cole), a third pairing guy on the second (lovejoy), and a 4th pairing guy on the third (scuderi). If we ran:
Maatta-Letang
Cole-Dumolin
Clendening-Lovejoy
xPouliot

I think we would be set until the trade deadline. Assess the players we have put in positions to succeed and see what we have. Then we will know if we need to add a piece to our defensive core or not. Lots of teams are vying for defensive help and Scuderi might still have value around the league as a reliable stay-at-home defender to help out immediately. Maybe we could send him to Boston @ 50% off?

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Either Maatta or Dumo. I'd rather have one solid, if not very good pairing than 3 watered down, **** pairings.

Absolutely. Putting Maatta back with Letang needs to happen. Both of them need help right now.

Dumoulin has been very very solid and that's been a god send. Lovejoy has been meh. Scuderi a disaster and at times meh. Cole has been bad as a #2.

The real question is, who do you pair with Cole. Logically, you stick him with Dumoulin imho...but that leaves a Lovejoy-Scuderi pairing which is highly suspect. When you put Letang with Maatta, the other pairings become more difficult to determine. Mainly because of Scuderi and his need for a security blanket.

Maatta-Letang
Dumoulin-Lovejoy
Cole-Scuderi

I think those should be the pairings, assuming the ****-for-brains won't put Clendening in for Scuderi. THAT makes it easy.

Maatta-Letang
Dumoulin-Cole
Clendening-Lovejoy

Cake.

wolffy66

Dec 16, 2009
Absolutely. Putting Maatta back with Letang needs to happen. Both of them need help right now.

Dumoulin has been very very solid and that's been a god send. Lovejoy has been meh. Scuderi a disaster and at times meh. Cole has been bad as a #2.

The real question is, who do you pair with Cole. Logically, you stick him with Dumoulin imho...but that leaves a Lovejoy-Scuderi pairing which is highly suspect. When you put Letang with Maatta, the other pairings become more difficult to determine. Mainly because of Scuderi and his need for a security blanket.

Maatta-Letang
Dumoulin-Lovejoy
Cole-Scuderi

I think those should be the pairings, assuming the ****-for-brains won't put Clendening in for Scuderi. THAT makes it easy.

Maatta-Letang
Dumoulin-Cole
Clendening-Lovejoy

Cake.

On the bright side, and I say this not jokingly, maybe that 3rd pairing will serve as enough evidence that those two are good enough for a team trying to be a contender. Let them show themselves long enough to make it obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad