Proposal: Montreal / Phoenix

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I'd do it:

FORWARDS
Max Pacioretty ($4.500m) / David Desharnais ($3.500m) / Brendan Gallagher ($0.685m)
Thomas Vanek ($7.000m) / Alex Galchenyuk ($0.925m) / Radim Vrbata ($5.500m)
Michael Bournival ($0.660m) / Lars Eller ($2.500m) / Rene Bourque ($3.333m)
Brandon Prust ($2.500m) / Daniel Briere ($4.000m) / Dale Weise ($1.000m)
Travis Moen ($1.850m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Keith Yandle ($5.250m) / P.K. Subban ($8.000m)
Alexei Emelin ($4.100m) / Josh Gorges ($3.900m)
Nathan Beaulieu ($0.925m) / Mike Weaver ($1.100m)
Jarred Tinordi ($0.870m) /
GOALTENDERS
Carey Price ($6.500m)
Peter Budaj ($1.400m)
BUYOUTS
Tomas Kaberle ($0.000m)
Scott Gomez ($0.000m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(estimations for 2014-15)
SALARY CAP: $71,100,000; CAP PAYROLL: $69,998,333; BONUSES: $3,257,500
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $1,101,667

Analyzer*

Pass. Plekanec is better at both ends of the ice than Yandle and tougher, too.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
It's an ideal trade if we can't get Markov locked up, even if we do get him locked him, it's still ideal.

We trade Plekanec out of the conference and fill a big hole on D, finally giving Subban support. Whether we sign Markov or not, if we had the cap space after re-signing the guys we need, I would do it. We need a #2 or good #3 defenseman to give Subban support back there, and Markov isn't it anymore.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
We will take a hit next year if Pleks is gone no doubt but still a way rather have DD-Eller-Chucky and Yandle on the back end than DD-Eller-Pleks, Chucky on the wing and Bouillon playing 23 minutes a night.

People who think that we will roll with all those centers and the same D we had last year are crazy. Our D needs some serious help.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
We will take a hit next year if Pleks is gone no doubt but still a way rather have DD-Eller-Chucky and Yandle on the back end than DD-Eller-Pleks, Chucky on the wing and Bouillon playing 23 minutes a night.

People who think that we will roll with all those centers and the same D we had last year are crazy. Our D needs some serious help.

Agreed. Our D needs a lot of work to be done. I've said it before and I'll say it again, we have a franchise defenseman in Subban and after that, it's all #4 - depth defensemen. We need to give Subban support with a #2 or real good #3.

hf27

Jan 29, 2013
Agreed. Our D needs a lot of work to be done. I've said it before and I'll say it again, we have a franchise defenseman in Subban and after that, it's all #4 - depth defensemen. We need to give Subban support with a #2 or real good #3.

How about getting both a good #2 AND #3

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
How about getting both a good #2 AND #3

It totally can be done. Trade for Yandle or someone similar and sign Orpik.

That would really really be good.

Subban
Yandle
Orpik
Gorges
Emelin
Weaver

And if we have space place Markov in there.

Destoker

May 30, 2010
It totally can be done. Trade for Yandle or someone similar and sign Orpik.

That would really really be good.

Subban
Yandle
Orpik
Gorges
Emelin
Weaver

And if we have space place Markov in there.

Where are Beaulieu and Tinordi? Beaulieu as nothing left to learn in the ahl... give the kid a chance. Tinordi will be our Orpik in a few years, all he needs is playing time.

** as for the Plek/Yandle trade, i'd pull it in a heartbeat !

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Yandle - Subban
Emelin - Gorges
Beaulieu - Weaver
Pateryn

PP
Yandle-Subban
Beaulieu - Emelin

PK
Gorges - Subban
Emelin-Weaver

Tinordi as #1 Bulldog Dman playing 20+ minutes a night PP and PK (or switch with Pateryn)

*drools*

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
It's an interesting proposal. I'd do it but I don't think Don Maloney would say yes to this deal.

Of course, being a Coyotes STH,I have a pretty negative opinion of Yandle right now.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I can take it most of you don't know anything about Yandle...

It's an interesting proposal. I'd do it but I don't think Don Maloney would say yes to this deal.

Of course, being a Coyotes STH,I have a pretty negative opinion of Yandle right now.

What the actual **** are you doing with this avatar Prim ? No more respect for you girl.
You'll drink alone in the GDT's now.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Yandle is probably an upgrade on Markov, but that doesn't make is a better team.

We still would have Desharnais playing against toughs, we would still have Emelin in the top 4.

Would have to be one part of a complete retool of the team.

Doesn't Yandle face the toughest competition in the league amongst defensemen? I would love to have him here

http://somekindofninja.com/nhl/usag...siRel&yAxis=qoc&update-filters=Update+Results

Not even close, in fact quite the opposite, Yandle was used last year in an offensive role. :laugh:

To put it in context, his usage was closer to Murray's than Markov's last year. Of course, he was also far more effective than Murray...

Last edited:

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Yandle is probably an upgrade on Markov, but that doesn't make is a better team.

We still would have Desharnais playing against toughs, we would still have Emelin in the top 4.

Would have to be one part of a complete retool of the team.

http://somekindofninja.com/nhl/usag...siRel&yAxis=qoc&update-filters=Update+Results

Not even close, in fact quite the opposite, Yandle was used last year in an offensive role. :laugh:

To put it in context, his usage was closer to Murray's than Markov's last year. Of course, he was also far more effective than Murray...

He was also closer to Vanek in implication and physicality for most of his career.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
He was also closer to Vanek in implication and physicality for most of his career.

Yeah, I don't get this propping up of Yandle. He's a nice perimeter based puck moving defenseman who has spent his entire career getting offensive zone starts against soft competition.

Actually, the only way he's an upgrade on Markov is the power play, let alone an upgrade on Markov + Plekanec. And if anything Markov is tougher than Yandle.

I actually don't see why either team does this, since the last thing Phoenix needs is to trade an offensive weapon for another two way forward.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Yeah, I don't get this propping up of Yandle. He's a nice perimeter based puck moving defenseman who has spent his entire career getting offensive zone starts against soft competition.

Actually, the only way he's an upgrade on Markov is the power play, let alone an upgrade on Markov + Plekanec. And if anything Markov is tougher than Yandle.

I don't think he's an upgrade on Markov on the PP tbh. The only upgrade we get is that he's younger and faster, which does not exactly mean better. Remember that Markov is not used in the same way at all.

I'd prefer going after someone like Leddy if we want to get younger and to replace Markov, but yet again I don't see how it makes sense with Beaulieu.

Hope Of Glory

May 24, 2009
North Shore
I'd love to get Yandle, he would help our defense A LOT. We need a PMD on our second pairing if Markov goes. Or even if he stays, we'll need one sooner than later (Beaulieu might be able to become a top 4 by the time Markov retires).

Orpik sucks though, don't really know why people want him. He's far from his former self, a few years back. I'd rather play the young guys than get him.

Forlando

Nov 14, 2007
To Montréal :

Keith Yandle, 27, 5,75 until 2016, would be the partner of PK Subban

To Phoenix :

Tomas Plekanec : 31, 5M until 2016, would be the #1 C between Doan and Boedker

Pure speculation...but i want to hear your thoughts

Would do it in a heartbeat, but Phoenix won't.

Stripper

Mar 4, 2013
Since Vanek is apparently not coming back.... Just trade for Yandle and keep Markov and trade either of Gorges or Emelin. Finally get a decent top 6.

Yandle - Subban
Markov - Gorges/Emelin
Beaulieu - Weaver
Tinordi - Pateryn

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Since Vanek is apparently not coming back.... Just trade for Yandle and keep Markov and trade either of Gorges or Emelin. Finally get a decent top 6.

Yandle - Subban
Markov - Gorges/Emelin
Beaulieu - Weaver
Tinordi - Pateryn

Also the softest top 6 in the multiverse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad