Proposal: Montreal / Phoenix

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Fair enough. Though, I do believe that acquiring Yandle would make us a better team. Even if we do lose Plekanec.

I don't see how it works when we currently have Markov who can do a similar job offensively and better defensively and we Beaulieu who we have to groom into the kind of player Yandle is.

highstick14*

Montreal adds. Yandle is like top 10, maybe top 5 purely offensive defensemen.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
People are just looking at the stats with Yandle and deciding he's the saviour we need. He's not that good defensively. He had a worse +/- than anyone in Edmonton except Sam Gagner. Edmonton. Phoenix were 2 points from making the playoffs. We need someone who can play defense to play with Subban, not another offensive dman.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
To Montréal :

Keith Yandle, 27, 5,75 until 2016, would be the partner of PK Subban

To Phoenix :

Tomas Plekanec : 31, 5M until 2016, would be the #1 C between Doan and Boedker

Pure speculation...but i want to hear your thoughts

The Habs trading Plekanec to fill a spot on defence could leave them with a bigger hole on defence. As Plekanec is the center that plays against all the #1 centers for the opposing teams in a shutdown role he and Boston's Bergeron are the two best in the NHL IMHO.

Eller has been playing much the same role on the Habs 3rd line, and appears ready to play in the top six. But I believe it would be premature for the Habs to presume they can afford to trade their best center, unless JDLR makes the team and can fill Eller's place @ Center on the 3rd line.

Although Tinordi, Beaulieu and Pateryn have all made great steps in development, defence is a position that can't be rushed, Yandle would be a great fit, no doubt. Bergevin a former veteran NHL Dman, knows this all too well and if he makes this trade then I'd be happy with it, he's a GM and a damn good one.

It's a wait and see for the fans, but the GM has to be confident the timing is right, otherwise the media in Montreal will have a field day, frying his butt on the BBQ!

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
People are just looking at the stats with Yandle and deciding he's the saviour we need. He's not that good defensively. He had a worse +/- than anyone in Edmonton except Sam Gagner. Edmonton. Phoenix were 2 points from making the playoffs. We need someone who can play defense to play with Subban, not another offensive dman.

this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad