BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
:habs

Paul Byron
Joel Armia
2nd round pick

:sens

Ryan Dzingel

I know another Byron proposal. I just feel like Doiron will be looking at potential ways to bring in some more depth while acquiring picks on a year where his 4th & 5th are gone. I just got a feeling Byron goes home to play in his home town of Ottawa. Along with getting a good two way winger with size in Armia and help out on the PK plus defense from the forward group.

Montreal frees up some cap while also getting a roster player who is more offensive than defensive but the Habs have quite a few 2way forwards.

Ottawa has the space on the team along with cap. Bring in Byron who is from Ottawa and both he and Armia can help the young forwards on the defensive side of the puck as well.

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
Maybe I just like Armia because this seems like a win for Ottawa to me even with them having to take on Byron.

The only knock might be that they want those roster spots for young players but they could easily flip Armia.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Pietrangelo

Oct 26, 2015
Would be hard to give up armia, but this seems like a pretty solid deal. Assuming there would be something else in the works to help the habs. How much space would something like this give them?

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Ottawa says no.

Why would Ottawa want Byron and his contract for the next 2 seasons. We have a lot of players to sign and we don't need more bottom six.

If you want to get rid of Byron it will cost you picks and/or propects.

h2owned

Nov 17, 2009
Ottawa, Ontario
No from Ottawa.
Byron owed 4 million next year and 2.8 the year after. Ottawa looking to shed salary and open spots for young players.
Call Dzingel-Armia a wash, both UFA, Dzingel a good for in Ottawa. Essentially dumping Byron for a 2nd which doesn't move the needle for Ottawa.
Would probably do Dzingel for Byron and 2 2nds

Reactions: NB613

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
And the reason we need a 29 year old 3.4 million 3C is?

We have enough 2C centers to sink a 4 man canoe...and we need to add another 3C....NO

And...we lose two very good bottom 6 when we are in a full-fledged marathon.

Last edited:

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019

Paul Byron
Joel Armia
2nd round pick

Ryan Dzingel

I know another Byron proposal. I just feel like Doiron will be looking at potential ways to bring in some more depth while acquiring picks on a year where his 4th & 5th are gone. I just got a feeling Byron goes home to play in his home town of Ottawa. Along with getting a good two way winger with size in Armia and help out on the PK plus defense from the forward group.

Montreal frees up some cap while also getting a roster player who is more offensive than defensive but the Habs have quite a few 2way forwards.

Ottawa has the space on the team along with cap. Bring in Byron who is from Ottawa and both he and Armia can help the young forwards on the defensive side of the puck as well.
Honestly its not bad. Ottawa gets a 2 and lets say trade Armia for 3 and 5 as pending ufa. So 2 3 5 to take on Byron I can deal with that.

Edit Habs giving up picks/opportunity to acquire more picks.

Well done.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hockey Stick

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
And the reason we need a 29 year old 3.4 million 20 goal winger is?

We have Tatar, Toffoli and Drouin ahead of him....so he's on our 4th line.....for 3.4 million.

Pass.

Drouin Suzuki Anderson
Tatar Danault Gallagher
Dzingel Kotkaniemi Toffoli
Lehkonen Evans Perry

He wouldn't be on the 4th line. Still keeps the team deep while allowing them the cap space to bolster the lineup a bit more.

Dzingel is a UFA which is a key factor as well, which gives the Habs more options.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Its not bad TBH ,but with expansion coming up those extra years on Bryon,s contract are likely the holdup

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
I actually like the way Byron has played in the past. and Armia and a 2nd aren't nothing. Byron's salary next season is a little high though. Sens likely need to shed salary to afford new contracts. We're already projected to be shelling out big money to players, many of them not earning that money. Maybe we eat some of Byron's cap hit and trade him and Armia to free up salary and pick up some assets.

I'd also be down to just re-sign Dzingel. He should be pretty cheap to sign, if he wants to stay. If talks aren't going well with him, I'd do this trade as a Sens fan. 2nd + two 3rds if we flip Byron retained and Armia, or Maybe we keep Armia and flip Byron, or keep Byron and Flip Armia. Everything looks good for us.

Habs likely go for it because of the cap it frees up now and in the future, without giving any premium assets up.

Good work, OP.

Reactions: topshelf15

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017

Paul Byron
Joel Armia
2nd round pick

Ryan Dzingel

Montreal reject this trade.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Honestly its not bad. Ottawa gets a 2 and lets say trade Armia for 3 and 5 as pending ufa. So 2 3 5 to take on Byron I can deal with that.

Habs won't have many picks in 2021 draft but get cap space.

Well done.
Yeah only 11 after this

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa

Habs won't have many picks in 2021 draft but get cap space.

Well done.

Not sure how they don't have a lot of picks....they had 14 and traded 2 for Staal (still have 2 in both rounds they gave up) and even given up another one here would have 11 picks in 7 rounds.

As for the deal, meh. Not bad but how is Dziegel on the wing as I thought he was a center. In the end with the owner in Ottawa not sure he would be ok with paying Byron two more years.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
I would do this as a Habs fan but I think we would need to add another pick or prospect to get rid of Byron

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad