Proposal: Montreal - Ottawa

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
Logan Brown is a year older than Poehling and hasn't done anything to separate himself as a prospect. I’d say they’re quite similar actually.

Logan put up almost identical production in the NHL this season as Poehling did in the AHL this season. Except Poehling probably got more ice time in the AHL than Brown did in the NHL. Brown's development has been delayed due to injuries but he's on a very similar career pro path as Mark Stone.

You can say whatever you want but it doesn't mean what you're saying makes sense. Poehling looks like a bust who had a fluke NHL debut. Brown is going to be an NHLer, it's just a matter of how good of one he ends up being.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
i mean, Logan isn't an upgrade on Poehling at all, Poehling is exempt from the expansion draft, Brown isn't.

We can still give an other full season to Poehling before knowing what's up... he still might become very good, he has the raw talent for it. He could either be a 3C, 2C potential as a trade asset ( depending on his next year) or a LW power foward.

If we trade Poehling for a similar prospect, it's for a big RW example: Puljujarvi

or

Poehling being a sweetenen in a bigger trade for a fairly young etablised player.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
watching Brown play vs Laval I would likely take though it's risky for both teams which is why you don't often see prospect for prospect trades done before they need to clear waivers to be sent down. Plus the sens seem to develop and draft better then MB's plan of let's rush just about every top prospect to the NHL because I'm f***ing clueless about development.

i don't think the sens would do it though since Poehling is coming off the worst season any of Timmins 1st round picks have had as 20 year old rookies in the AHL/NHL. Plus I don't think any team is taking on Byron's 3 years where he's owed almost 10M and coming off back to back injury shortened seasons and is now in his age 31 season coming up in December hopefully. Instead of getting a 5th I would give the sens their 5th round pick ('21) back that we currently own for the mike reilly trade.

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
:habs

Ryan Poehling
Paul Byron - salary and roster spot for the Sens
3rd round pick

:sens

Logan Brown
5th round pick

Shakeup first the prospects. I believe Poehling will get his opportunity to play in the Sens lineup next year. He is also a year younger than Brown as well. They will also get help with a useful PK guy in Byron to get them to the cap floor.

Montreal will give a shot to Brown in the lineup and see if he can be a main stay or not.
This is a fair offer but the Habs have no use for Brown.Why trade for something we have no need for?

Pinto Bean

Sep 13, 2009
Ottawa
Sens have enough Ryan Poehling's in the prospect pool. No less many more intriguing prospects potentially on the way with our plethora of draft picks.

What the Sens wouldn't have if we traded Logan Brown is a 6'6 C with freaky skill and a scary high ceiling (albeit seems likely to not hit).

I think the Sens are more than willing to hang onto the freaky sized C with skill instead of getting a prospect that does nothing for us, an old guy that does nothing for us, and upgrading minimally in the middle rounds of the draft.

Reactions: Masked and NB613

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Sens have enough Ryan Poehling's in the prospect pool. No less many more intriguing prospects potentially on the way with our plethora of draft picks.

What the Sens wouldn't have if we traded Logan Brown is a 6'6 C with freaky skill and a scary high ceiling (albeit seems likely to not hit).

I think the Sens are more than willing to hang onto the freaky sized C with skill instead of getting a prospect that does nothing for us, an old guy that does nothing for us, and upgrading minimally in the middle rounds of the draft.

I have two words......Michael McCarron

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Only 22 but time is quickly running out. In fact, most top prospects dont rot in the ahl until that age and come past 22 its quite rare. Generally I just write off prospects that are 23 yo and still in the A
I suspect him still being in the A has to do with Ottawa doing everything they can to limit which players get exposed to Seattle and not his play.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
I suspect him still being in the A has to do with Ottawa doing everything they can to limit which players get exposed to Seattle and not his play.

It has nothing to do with that because it makes no difference if he played in the NHL or the AHL. He's eligible for the expansion draft.

Reactions: HOPE

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
No thanks. I'd much rather keep Logan. If the kid hits he'll be a unicorn. Poehling doesn't interest me at all.

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
He produced better than our friend Kotkaniemi in the AHL this past year.

Why would AHL production count for anything when Kotkaniemi has already shown he can play in the NHL?

No need for Ottawa to make this trade, we have plenty of time to see what LB can become.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
I'm not a fan of Brown but he has a higher ceiling than Poehling, and I'd rather see what he becomes, than trade him for scraps.

I have have more interest in Byron than I do Poehling. lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad