Aug 3, 2009
:habs

Ryan Poehling
Paul Byron - salary and roster spot for the Sens
3rd round pick

:sens

Logan Brown
5th round pick

Shakeup first the prospects. I believe Poehling will get his opportunity to play in the Sens lineup next year. He is also a year younger than Brown as well. They will also get help with a useful PK guy in Byron to get them to the cap floor.

Montreal will give a shot to Brown in the lineup and see if he can be a main stay or not.

the paisanos guy

the hell do i know about cooking a shirt?
Dec 6, 2010
Why? No need for Habs to trade for another C prospect, we need Paul Byron more.

I'm sure the Sens would rather keep their better prospect too.

Reactions: mattyboy

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
isn't Brown a C
Yes he is. I just think he will need to stand out to make himself a main stay at 22 right now. The Habs can play him on the 4th line and cover for injuries if needed. I’m assuming Domi most likely will be dealt. If Brown can start to figure out his game at the NHL level in another years time it could gives us options on what we do with Danault if Brown finally starts to excel.

I just see Brown is looking for a regular spot in the NHL well Poehling just got his feet wet last year in the pros.

I think it could be a shakeup and a help to both sides.

Odie Cleghorn

Jun 8, 2020
Would rather wait and see what Brown becomes. Still some high end potential there.
He has high end potential. Ottawa has left al their propsects in the minors. Batherson, L Brown, Norris etc should be on the team this year. Brown's only negative is frequent injuries.

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
Brown is not really a need and don't really want a project.

Byron is a very versatile and important part of this team.

Poehling and a 3rd is enough for Brown imo.

But would rather get Puljujarvi as a project and would probably cost less.

Last edited:

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Leave your feelings for UPS out of this discussion.
Hes still in the ahl. Ppl hate jost but at least hes in the NHL not ahl. How long will it take him to produce? He has just 9 points in 29 nhl games. That sucks and hes got several flaws in his game. Why the hell would mtl go after him with superior Cs in Suzuki, KK, and Danault.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Hes still in the ahl. Ppl hate jost but at least hes in the NHL not ahl. How long will it take him to produce? He has just 9 points in 29 nhl games. That sucks and hes got several flaws in his game. Why the hell would mtl go after him with superior Cs in Suzuki, KK, and Danault.

I think everyone knew he was going to take a while. He may not amount to anything, but there’s still hope for him. I wouldn’t write him off just yet. He’s only 22.

Pinto Bean

Sep 13, 2009
Ottawa

If we're going to list his NHL production we might as well list his AHL production. 42pts in 56gp as a 20year old and 28pts in 25gp as a 21yr old

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
I think everyone knew he was going to take a while. He may not amount to anything, but there’s still hope for him. I wouldn’t write him off just yet. He’s only 22.
Only 22 but time is quickly running out. In fact, most top prospects dont rot in the ahl until that age and come past 22 its quite rare. Generally I just write off prospects that are 23 yo and still in the A

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
:habs

Ryan Poehling
Paul Byron - salary and roster spot for the Sens
3rd round pick

:sens

Logan Brown
5th round pick

Shakeup first the prospects. I believe Poehling will get his opportunity to play in the Sens lineup next year. He is also a year younger than Brown as well. They will also get help with a useful PK guy in Byron to get them to the cap floor.

Montreal will give a shot to Brown in the lineup and see if he can be a main stay or not.
No.

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
This is freaking horrible. A mediocre prospect and an aging bottom liner doesn't get you a skilled 6'6" center prospect.
Logan Brown is a year older than Poehling and hasn't done anything to separate himself as a prospect. I’d say they’re quite similar actually.

He produced better than our friend Kotkaniemi in the AHL this past year.
Except Kotkaniemi is 2 years younger and then became an effective 2C on a team that made the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad