Montreal & Ottawa (7:30 PM) - Sept. 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
It seems that everyone is quickly jumping on the Da Costa hype train. He has already shown that he can play good against prospects, but can he do the same thing against nhl caliber players? I am not going to get excited for him playing great against ahl plugs. Sorry, not doing it. Get back to me when he plays the same way against actual nhl players.

Forget the competition. I'm just going by my eyes. Kid looked slick out there tonight.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Forget the competition. I'm just going by my eyes. Kid looked slick out there tonight.

He might play great in regular season games or he might not. But i refuse to jump on the hype train being that it almost always leads me to disappointments. I am not even on the pageau hype train even though i like the kid.

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
It seems that everyone is quickly jumping on the Da Costa hype train. He has already shown that he can play good against prospects, but can he do the same thing against nhl caliber players? I am not going to get excited for him playing great against ahl plugs. Sorry, but i am not jumping on the hype train. Get back to me when he plays the same way against actual nhl players.

Not to mention that despite his more well-rounded game now, he still has yet to make any offensive contributions. "Bad luck" only goes so far before you realize that he's simply not converting on anything.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
He might play great in regular season games or he might not. But i refuse to jump on the hype train being that it almost always leads me to disappointments. I am not even on the pageau hype train even though i like the kid.

I don’t think anybody is hyping up Da Costa, unless you fell for the Trade Spezza sarcastic remarks.

Essentially, nobody wants to see Da Costa being lost for nothing. The kid’s always had talent, and he is finally showing it in a big way in the preseason. The kudos are justified (despite the goal drought wrt the number of chances he’s had to score).

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
Can someone provide me a one liner on each player tonight? Missed the game due to work

9MM: The clip's still empty but he buried the one on the chamber.

Conacher: The feisty badger's natural habitat appears to be the lush hinterland of Turris/MacArthur.

MacArthur: Flourishing in the right ecology.

EK: The sleeping beast is groggy but waking up.

Da Costa: Still Da Boss of everything but the scoresheet.

Weir: Paddy's wagon has gotten a serious tune-up.

JGP: Has he ever looked bad yet?

Ran out of steam, but there's more to be said.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
So what's the word on Ryan?

I saw he left for a bit but came back to finish the second; I'm reading that he didn't finish the match? I left the bar at the end of the second

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Da Costa - great
Michalek - goal + bobbling the puck
Ryan - sick goal + left at the half mark of the game
Conacher - pesky, great game
MacArthur - good + goal + 2 really good chances
Turris - stirs the butter on the second line, created good chances
Greening - Greening
Zibanejad - not that much ice time but couple shots + capitalized in tight
Neil - Neil
Kassian - Kassian
Karlsson - awesomeee, barely tried, saw the great skating, 3 apples
Methot - great
Wiercioch - great but a few defensive lapses
Claesson - good
Corvo, Joe - Uh Oh
Pageau - good for the terribly offensively inapt linemates he had(Neil + Kassian) and good on the PK
Phillips - usual Phil, sucked on the PP, etc.

the rest I either forgot or weren't noticeable

Fearless Leaf*

Big Mac is a very solid player for his role. He is very inconsistent in terms of putting up points and goals but he plays hard and ain't afraid to drop his mitts if someone wants to go at it.

He was very underrated among many of our fan base during his tenure here.

Enjoy him and be good to him. I'll miss him. :(

Milan the God*

Mac and Turris have solid chemistry after just a few games together. Conacher looked awesome on that line. Felt bad for JGP, though. Kassian and Neil as your linemates.

Karlssonlee

Jan 13, 2009
Claesson imo is close to be an NHLer. Wouldn't surprise me to see him give Borowiecki a difficult time at obtaining a roster position next season, despite that fact that Borowiecki has a 1-way contract.

Claesson is extremely mobile and great on his edges. Although, he only played a bit, thought he was great.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Boro has been woefully underwhelming everytime I've zero'd in on him at the NHL level

I don't expect him to make the team

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Last edited:

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Boro has been woefully underwhelming everytime I've zero'd in on him at the NHL level

I don't expect him to make the team

Agreed.

Guy is a tweener if I've ever seen one. Love his engine and his grit, but there's just not enough there to ever be more than a low-end (albeit high-character) #6 on an average defence.

If we're smart, we're shopping him before we're forced make a move when his 1-way deal kicks in next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad