Montreal Offseason UFA signings /trade predictions

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Winnipeg 1st, a prospect and a young dman for Martin Necas...

No. Unless Necas finally have a decent playoffs showing this year, in that case that would still be no, but at least I wouldn't make such a strange face every time his name pop up.

Please no, Marchessault. That would be a multi-year, big money, UFA deal we'd regret after maybe a season and a half.

He's not Joe Pavelski.

As others have said, we would be better served this season by spending a lot less on a serious 4th liner with pedigree and ensuring we have the flexibility to do business when it really matters.

I could see the Habs trying to lure Marchessault on a 2 years deal, but I don't think he will bite.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
I’d be ok with one of Toffoli, Monahan or Marchessault. But for no more than 3 years.

Dach need help on his line. I’m ok with keeping a spot for Roy or Newhook on the second line.

My first choice is Marchessault because we need goals. But I think chances are slim because he will cost to much for a temporary solution.

If we sign Marchessault, I put him on the first line with Slaf and Suzuki.

If we sign Toffoli or Monahan, they play with Dach.

Reactions: 26Mats

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
What’s the point of Stamkos for 2 years?
Added scoring for top-6
+ continued growth for young rostered players
+ buys time for F prospects in pipeline to continue developing in Laval
+ meeting objectives / not creating any type of roadblock for prospects with veteran acquisition

Reactions: Habs10Habs

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
some interesting ideas in here.
I think they try and rebuild a 4th line with a local kid like Carrier and maybe Joshua.
I think they will try and trade for another forward with some picks and D and if the cost is truly prohibitive, they truly swing for the fences and back up the armored truck for someone like reinhart or stamkos (marty connection).

Reactions: Rapala

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
Not ufa but Matthew Sop, 21 years old, should be a player we aim to give an AHL contract, he's a guy with alot of heart and made alot of progress the last few years in the OHL.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Trades
Anaheim - Zegras for WPG 1st, Strubble, '25 pens 2nd, Dvorak

Vegas - Nic Roy for Avs 2nd, Ylonen

Utah - 2nd or 3rd for Anderson, Kovacevic
---------------
Signing
Monahan 3@6M

Slaf Suzuki Newhook
CC Dach Zegras
N Roy Monahan J Roy
Armia Evans Gally
RHP Pez

Matheson Guhle
Xhekaj Barron
Hutson Savard
Harris

Monty
Primeau

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
No. Unless Necas finally have a decent playoffs showing this year, in that case that would still be no, but at least I wouldn't make such a strange face every time his name pop up.

I could see the Habs trying to lure Marchessault on a 2 years deal, but I don't think he will bite.
Marchessault is a turd. He would never sign with the Habs. Necas hasn't had a really good playoff yet so I agree that if he doesn't this season forget about hm. He will want far too much for a regular season star.

EXPOS123

Jun 29, 2010
For the first time in a very long time, the Habs have significant trade capital to package together and pull off a blockbuster

Pretty sure you can can get something significant for a package including our 2 first rounders this year and one of Roy or Beck and one of Struble or Harris.

The problem is what’s available. It would have to be a great young physical center but there aren’t too many teams who either have that or would even be willing to give them up.

Any team with a disgruntled center or one who’s not sure about signing an extension or one who has slipped in the eyes of their current team ( a la Bo Horvat) ?

Reactions: VirginiaMtlExpat

BoneHutson

Mar 26, 2023
We should OS Byfield if hes still not signed by july 1st.

8,5m/2y (1st, 2nd and 3rd) if LA looks to bridge him (and have less than 4m in cap space after signing/trading).

OR

10,7m/2yrs (above + 1st) if they really want him AND if we win Celebrini (which means the team could be really competitive soon (no risk in those unprotected 1sts). I like this option because Byfield could (the next summer) extend for 8yrs on a cheaper deal (6-7m) which would help our salary structure in the future.

BoneHutson

Mar 26, 2023
Obviously, a lot of things would have to fall into place (starting with winning the lottery) but imagine this lineup (spread talent in the top 9)

Caufield-Suzuki-Slaf
Newhook-Dach-?
Byfield-Celebrini-Roy
Heineman-Beck-Evans

I would also look to trade Matheson for another high first and draft (maybe by moving up after another trade) a guy like Catton, Greentree or Connelly.

NicRattlehead

Mar 5, 2021
Houston, TX
Ylonen & Pezetta are gonzo, 2nd line W spot open

Newhook - Dach - xx
Roy - Dvo - Anderson
Gallagher - Evans - Armia
I can’t say this for sure because who ever knows what’s in another person’s head and heart but Anderson is kind of a bum who seems to be unwilling to admit anything is wrong.

I like your lines except I would put Anderson in Laval, move Armia up, and reward someone who actually tries a spot on the 4th line.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Trades

---------------
Signing
Monahan 3@6M

Slaf Suzuki Newhook
CC Dach Zegras
N Roy Monahan J Roy
Armia Evans Gally
RHP Pez

Matheson Guhle
Xhekaj Barron
Hutson Savard
Harris

Monty
Primeau
Is Dvorak a Verbeek type player. Struble probably is.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

NicRattlehead

Mar 5, 2021
Houston, TX
Trades

---------------
Signing
Monahan 3@6M

Slaf Suzuki Newhook
CC Dach Zegras
N Roy Monahan J Roy
Armia Evans Gally
RHP Pez

Matheson Guhle
Xhekaj Barron
Hutson Savard
Harris

Monty
Primeau
I would trade Anderson for a bag of “zesty mordant” chips at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad