peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Leafs have 13 of them and i think if i remember a team has like 16 of them

The schedule is god awful
habs played 2 games in like 10 days.
I can imagine the nightmare scheduling an 82 game, 32 team season. You're bound to have conflicts which end up with back to backs or long stretches with no games. I wonder if the NBA has similar situations? They play a equal amount of games and have 30 teams.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I am so tired of the crap here and I don't mean that in a take a nap kind of way.
Don't mistake the crap you read for the people writing it. We're just a bunch of old friends of different ages sitting around the local bar, who've perhaps grown a bit too comfortable venting to (and at) each other about what's bugging us. But instead of the subject being our wives, girlfriends, or both, it's hockey.

I approach this board like a buffet -- I fill my plate with the good stuff and bypass the crap.

ArsHabs

Nov 4, 2017
Leafs have 13 of them and i think if i remember a team has like 16 of them

The schedule is god awful
habs played 2 games in like 10 days.

Not that I want to make excuses for the Queefs, but the Raptors play at home mostly Monday, Wednesday and Sunday so I can see where scheduling is tough for that team if Raps are in town.

Too bad so sad Toronto.

Reactions: HabsWhiteKnightLOL

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Don't mistake the crap you read for the people writing it. We're just a bunch of old friends of different ages sitting around the local bar, who've perhaps grown a bit too comfortable venting to (and at) each other about what's bugging us. But instead of the subject being our wives, girlfriends, or both, it's hockey.

I approach this board like a buffet -- I fill my plate with the good stuff and bypass the crap.
More egg rolls, shrimp and spare ribs, less chow mein and rice?

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

And sometimes, you're the one providing a meal.

Like this gem exchange from the Zona GDT, where you were teased about your Thursday 7AM meetings:

I speak in front of about 40 people every Thursday morning at around 7:00 am, but I'm done before 9:00 and the rest of my work is done blissfully alone. If I do stay up late I'll probably feel it by early afternoon, but I'll be home and the world will be spared from my lousy mood.

40 person meeting at 7 AM ? wow! very Amish like. lol.

Good guess! This was from last Thursday's meeting, during my speech about the value of toiling in the field. As you can see, I got the crowd pretty worked up! Afterwards, the men-folk hitched up our horses and rode to the nearest sports bar, where we re-enacted the Habs game using hand puppets.

JUq1U13.jpg

Which game?

The one where the Habs faced the San Jose Scriptures in a rousing debate over radio waves.

We lost 4-2. My buddy, Jebediah (14th hat from the right), snapped a suspender in frustration.

There is definitely some Post of 2019 consideration in these exchanges.

The Jebediah comment had me splitting a gut. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares

Well, sometimes I write the crap so I am certainly not innocent in that department but I never cease to be amazed by the posters that write these tiny little posts where they want to piss off everyone here. I can't remember what I did last week and I don't even care lol.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Habs after 12 games:

- With 31 goals scored at 5-on-5, they are tied for 4 in the NHL. IF we consider the numbers of games played, they would be 2nd.
- Habs are 26th in the NHL for faceoffs with only 47.6%
- Ranked 29th for the PK and 9th for the PP

- Cale Fleury is the only roster player without a point this season
- Fleury is also leading the Habs with 3.6 hits per game and 3rd for Blocked shot per game with 1.7
- Victor Mete is leading the team with a +7

- Jeff Petry has the most shot on the PP with 10...followed by Domi/Drouin with 9.
- Danault is 45.8% in Faceoffs on the PK and he's 66.7% on the PP . Domi is 52.4%
- At Even strength, only Thompson and Weal are above 50% on the faceoffs.

- Tatar leading the Habs with 7 minor penalties (Tied for 5th in the NHL), closest to him are at 4 on the Habs.
- Max Domi is leading the Habs with 12 takeaways, closest is Byron with 8.
- Nick Suzuki is the less used player at even strenght (in the regulars) with 134:22

Goals allowed when on the ice at Even strenght (Players who played more than 10 games):

2 for Suzuki
3 for Armia, Byron
4 for Kotkaniemi
5 for Mete
6 for Drouin, Domi, Thompson
7 for Lehkonen
9 for Gallagher, Tatar, Chiarot
10 for Petry, Weber
11 for Danault

Goals scored when on the ice at Even strenght (Players who played more than 10 games):

14 for Gallagher
13 for Danault, Weber, Petry
12 for Tatar, Mete, Chiarot
11 for Armia
10 for Drouin, Domi
8 for Thompson
5 for Lehkonen, Suzuki
3 for Byron and Kotkaniemi

** Although he played only 6 games, Cousins has not been on the ice for any goals against and has been on the ice for 6 goals for at even strenght.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad