Montreal is the best team in the league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
It's hard to take anything at face value right now when schedules are so freaking uneven. For instance the top four teams in the central are a combined 21-3-3. Do we really believe these teams (including the panthers) are all juggernauts or are these records heavily opponent influenced?

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
The league consists of more than just the North division. I don’t even think Montreal is the best in the division - that belongs to Toronto. You guys need to chill and not crown yourself the best team in the league after beating a bottom 10 team.

CapSpace

Caufield is lit
Nov 25, 2013
Near Montreal
Ah, HF haters.

Attachments

• 137568230_10218485011016378_1370740489738296131_n.jpg
    137568230_10218485011016378_1370740489738296131_n.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 4

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Defense ultimately wins (especially in the playoffs), see the final four last season-- all strong defensively. Not sure Montreal has that, but they can certainly score in bunches and generate offense in the regular season.

cesareborgia

Jun 9, 2010
How can they be best in the league, when they're not even top 3 in their conference?

Just lol.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
This is the same OP who started a thread last off season saying the Habs are gonna win the Cup. Just putting that out there...

Not just last off season ... try several seasons both here and on the Habs forum.

And then people wonder why we can't have nice things.

Let him keep bragging. :eyeroll:

Last edited:
Reactions: Walrus26 and Oryxo

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Top10 team.

How far they can go depends on development of Suzuki& Kotka

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Why do people get ticked off, from something like creating a thread??? Who cares ?!?
If somebody want's a create a thread, with in rule parameters, let them and stop bitching about it.
- if you don't like it? don't post

Reactions: bobholly39

Walrus26

Wearing a Habs Toque in England.
May 24, 2018
Peterborough, UK
We're a good team with no apparent weaknesses and relentless depth in a division with lots of top heavy teams and Ottawa (who we haven't actually played yet.)

The results don't lie, but no we are not the best team in the league.

Still, it's nice to be relevant again.

Reactions: Runner77

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
I don't know about best but they look really good so far. Definitely makes me feel a bit better that Pittsburgh lost to them in the play-in.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I forgot to mention that Claude Julien is an elite coach, and our team is managed by a total Maestro in Marc Bergevin, who can always make one of his crazy trade to make the team better if need be. On top of that, we have a great owner in Geoff Molson, who had the courage to keep Maestro Bergevin when the entire Montreal fanbase wanted him gone (except me and a few others). Thank you, Geoff.

Give credit where credit is due, Montreal is looking like a top contender for at least the next three years. Frankly if you ask me we might be looking at the next hockey dynasty, defined as any team winning three Stanley cups in a row. I won't make that claim just yet, but I'm considering it.

Bigb47

Dec 5, 2016
Why do people get ticked off, from something like creating a thread??? Who cares ?!?
If somebody want's a create a thread, with in rule parameters, let them and stop bitching about it.
- if you don't like it? don't post
Because it’s not a thread discussing whether they are or not it’s a statement and a rediculous one at that, they have had plenty of hot streaks before and have had epic collapses. Wait until they play some real teams that are good and see where they stand

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Weak division. We've heard the argument. Even taking this into consideration, Montreal is for real. I think they're the best team in the league.

You have a crazy 1-2 RHS/LHS combo of youngsters at center, plus the underrated and steady Danault bringing veteranship to the center line.

You've got a bunch of wingers who bring a bit of everything; Drouin has immense talent, Anderson is a real powerforward, Toffoli is an underrated offensive winger, Gallagher the heart and soul of the forward group, Tatar, etc. No superstar, but deep and varied talents across the board.

You've got an intimidating blueline, build on the generalship of Shea Weber and the smooth skating of Jeff Petry, both underrated defensemen at this point of their career.

And of course, you've got a rock hard goalie combo, led by the widely-recognized-to-be-the-best-goalie-in-the-world Carey Price.

I'm almost disappointed they'll have their best season (and post-season) for decades in what is a really strange and crowdless year, without the exalting ambiance of the Montreal crowd cheering for the oldest franchise in the NHL.

In the league uh Best team in the North division for sure.,

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
In the league uh Best team in the North division for sure.,
There's absolutely nothing for sure about anything. You've played Toronto once and lost in OT. You should try experimenting with not being a completely biased homer for once you might enjoy singing more than one tune.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
MTL fan here, I don't think this is true at all, not even sure MTL is the best team in the North division, TOR is pretty solid too in spite of losing a game to OTT. In the league, TBL, DAL, COL, VGK all seem like better candidates to the cup. I really like this MTL team and believe it can make a deep playoff run but the best team ? The Habs lack an elite scorer who can score the decisive goal in a hard fought game, I would like to insist on the fact that the Habs lost every close games they played this season, i.e. when not leading entering the third period with a lead (TOR, CGY, VAN). Maybe they are going to get better and manage to be more decisive in the third period but from my perspective they are in the top 10 teams in the league right now (but their performance relies heavily on the VAN games).

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
There's absolutely nothing for sure about anything. You've played Toronto once and lost in OT. You should try experimenting with not being a completely biased homer for once you might enjoy singing more than one tune.
Nothing in life is for sure. Maybe if you weren't such a hater you might see some of the reasons why they might just be the best in the North.

HabstuckinTO

Oct 3, 2005
Toronto
I forgot to mention that Claude Julien is an elite coach, and our team is managed by a total Maestro in Marc Bergevin, who can always make one of his crazy trade to make the team better if need be. On top of that, we have a great owner in Geoff Molson, who had the courage to keep Maestro Bergevin when the entire Montreal fanbase wanted him gone (except me and a few others). Thank you, Geoff.

Give credit where credit is due, Montreal is looking like a top contender for at least the next three years. Frankly if you ask me we might be looking at the next hockey dynasty, defined as any team winning three Stanley cups in a row. I won't make that claim just yet, but I'm considering it.

My God.

Reactions: Nizdizzle

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
How can they be best in the league, when they're not even top 3 in their conference?

I mean the OP is pretty silly but what you just posted is straight up ridiculous right now.

...our team is managed by a total Maestro in Marc Bergevin, who can always make one of his crazy trade to make the team better if need be. On top of that, we have a great owner in Geoff Molson, who had the courage to keep Maestro Bergevin when the entire Montreal fanbase wanted him gone (except me and a few others).

Frankly if you ask me we might be looking at the next hockey dynasty, defined as any team winning three Stanley cups in a row.

Now if I wasn't sure about it earlier I now know you're taking the piss. Just F the right off bud.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I mean the OP is pretty silly but what you just posted is straight up ridiculous right now.

Now if I wasn't sure about it earlier I now know you're taking the piss. Just F the right off bud.

You'll see the light one day. Likely at the last game of the season, when Montreal wins the Stanley Cup.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
If there was a Stanley Cup for bagels, Montreal would be a dynasty. That's as far as I'll go right now. Let's find another thread to jump on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad