Montreal is the best team in the league

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Weak division. We've heard the argument. Even taking this into consideration, Montreal is for real. I think they're the best team in the league.

You have a crazy 1-2 RHS/LHS combo of youngsters at center, plus the underrated and steady Danault bringing veteranship to the center line.

You've got a bunch of wingers who bring a bit of everything; Drouin has immense talent, Anderson is a real powerforward, Toffoli is an underrated offensive winger, Gallagher the heart and soul of the forward group, Tatar, etc. No superstar, but deep and varied talents across the board.

You've got an intimidating blueline, build on the generalship of Shea Weber and the smooth skating of Jeff Petry, both underrated defensemen at this point of their career.

And of course, you've got a rock hard goalie combo, led by the widely-recognized-to-be-the-best-goalie-in-the-world Carey Price.

I'm almost disappointed they'll have their best season (and post-season) for decades in what is a really strange and crowdless year, without the exalting ambiance of the Montreal crowd cheering for the oldest franchise in the NHL.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
They played 10 games.

5 against Vancouver which is half of them. Petry and toffoli have racked up points against them in the 5 meetings where they scored a total of 28.

come back in 6 weeks and let’s see how good they are not facing the shitty Canucks better yet I think this thread is auto lock.

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
I think we should cancel the remaining of the season and handle them the cup.

It is not like they ever started hot in the past and then fallen on their faces.

Reactions: Satire

DropTheGloves

Sep 18, 2020
And of course, you've got a rock hard goalie combo, led by the widely-recognized-to-be-the-best-goalie-in-the-world Carey Price.

tenor.gif

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I think we should cancel the remaining of the season and handle them the cup.

It is not like they ever started hot in the past and then fallen on their faces.

Clear difference, as when this occurred in the past, their lineup didn't compare to what they have right now. Let's be intellectually honest, Montreal is deep and they have a good core of veteran plus some impressive youngsters.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
"The Generalship of Shea Weber"

"The exalting ambience of the Montreal crowd"

This better be a troll thread lol.

Reactions: Eisen

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Please stop with the Habs threads. It's getting annoying and only 10 games. I'm very excited too, but it's annoying to see a million Habs threads on the mainboards.

How hard is it to ignore a thread and post in the others?

I claim Montreal is the best team in the league, others might have a different opinion, so they can post theirs in this thread and we can discuss what is the best team in the league.

Paradise Circus

May 27, 2010
YVR
Montreal looks good most likely the best team in Canada. How they would fair against the avalanche, knights, Bruins, lightning is another question.

North Man

Feb 17, 2010
They got shutout by the Flames who are admittedly not great. You've played 5 against VanC who are a bottom 10 team. You've played twice against the Oilers who can't defend.

Shut up.

DropTheGloves

Sep 18, 2020
Montreal is rock hard and should have gotten delivered the cup yesterday.

Awesome thread. Great team. Look thick. Solid. Tight. Keep us all posted on their continued progress with any new progress pics or highlight clips. Show us what the Habs got man. Wanna see how freakin' huge, solid, thick and tight they can get. Thanks for the motivation.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
As soon as I saw Bergevin beautiful flow he grew out, I knew Habs were due to win the Cup. With this start now, its only reinforced it.

To top it off, Toffoli is playing like Gretzky. Just shooting the lights out. Sorry, shooting Vancouver's lights out.

Congrats to Weber on 1000. Dunno if I mentioned it.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Not the first time in recent history the Habs have started out of the gates strong only to have reality set in

Reactions: Garnet76

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
How hard is it to ignore a thread and post in the others?

I claim Montreal is the best team in the league, others might have a different opinion, so they can post theirs in this thread and we can discuss what is the best team in the league.

It doesn’t have anything to do with ignoring the thread. As a Habs fan, the next time we have a debate with somebody in a main thread, a bunch of people will jump in grouping us all together saying “Habs fans said this” referring to a post that someone made like this.

Reactions: Oryxo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad