Montreal is going to win it all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Let's calm down a little here.

Do we have a shot at the Cup? Absolutely, a healthy team with the best player in the world we have a great shot.

But let's be honest here, we have missing a top 4 D, and we aren't the only team that is trying to get one and it's not Paul Byron (I love the guy) in a top 6 role that is going to lead us to the Cup

Our roster right now with the exception of Price would not be ready to beat the Caps or Pens. They have a lot more depth and solid goaltending as well. We have a better defense I will say but then again Markov has shown signs of slowing down come playoff time the last time around.

If Bergevin is active, I do think we have a great shot!

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Like clockwork every friggin year. Same end results.

I love it. :popcorn:

I would normally agree with you, it's typical Montreal getting off to a crazy start like this, but this year this roster is built to win, adding a Star like Radulov who can make a difference is a forward we've been lacking in a long time, Weber brings something also that's been missing forever and a healthy Price can bring us very very far.

But I agree and I'm not getting excited as of yet, but I do think we are 2 moves away from being a serious contender, let's see how great Bergevin really is

TheTechNoir

fall 2021 bull, probably
Feb 18, 2013
Facts. Montreal is going to go... ballpark estimate:
70-10-2 in the regular season, the Weber trade was a steal, Bergevin is a brilliant GM, Therrien is a fantastic coach, and Price is one of the best of best players in the league. It's especially amazing that just a matter of months ago, all of these things except for the last part weren't the case, and already, all of these things changed drastically! Incredible, so much respect for that team having a metamorphosis so rapidly!

Laine is going to win the Rocket with ~65 goals and end up the all-time goal scoring leader too, which is another amazing thing for this season. Montreal has a metamorphic transition overnight, a rookie who wasn't as good as Matthews a few games into the season took a major developmental leap and is the best goal scorer in the league, just biding his time to surpass Ovie... And to go along with that, a 23 year (in Scheifele) is going to win the art ross for the first time in a while.

I would say that the Edmonton vs Montreal cup final would be exciting and yet more notable occurrences this season, a guaranteed Canadian champ! But Edmonton has been mired by a massive slump and lost first place! So Montreal and Chicago will advance to the cup final where Weber, Price, and Anisimov will duke it out for Conn Smythe bragging rights and the cup will return to Canada! :yo::yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad