Montreal is going to win it all

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Seriously nobody is going to beat that team in a best of 7 series if the key players are healthy (mainly Price and Weber).

Carey Price is the best player in the world at the peak of his powers.He's hungry for some playoff success and this is his big chance.Same for Weber.

Last year was just an accident, this team was very good in the last 4 years.Then Bergevin worked his magic and made the team even stronger.This is the strongest Montreal squad since the early 90s.

I think they're going to win the cup.

perrygetz1*

Aug 12, 2015
The Montreal Canadiens will NOT win the Stanley Cup. Book it. HOWEVER. If they do, I'll print out this thread and eat it.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Seriously nobody is going to beat that team in a best of 7 series if the key players are healthy (mainly Price and Weber).

Carey Price is the best player in the world at the peak of his powers.He's hungry for some playoff success and this is his big chance.Same for Weber.

Last year was just an accident, this team was very good in the last 4 years.Then Bergevin worked his magic and made the team even stronger.This is the strongest Montreal squad since the early 90s.

Why is this a thread? Delete this. Move away from the main board.

Ultimate Bandwagon

May 26, 2013
Montreal
Montreal is a pretty solid team.
That being said, I do think they could use another center, and another scoring winger. Last night vs LAK, and for much of the start of this season, Philip Danault showed he can be a reliable 3rd line C. Time will tell if he can hold onto that spot for extended periods of time. But he has shown he is certainly better suited for the job than David Desharnais.
The defense core looks solid. Weber has certainly stabilized the back end. Perhaps adding another 3-4 D will help in case of injuries and when (not if) Markov slows down towards the end of the season.
Carey Price must certainly stay healthy. I think the coaching staff is aware of that as much as anyone, and will try to limit his starts to <62 games this year.
Max Pacioretty needs to get going, I don't doubt he can start scoring, but he's in a serious slump right now.
Galchenyuk + Radulov are working magic, very nice to see.
Radulov plays his heart out on every shift. Once again, time will tell if he can do this for extended periods of time, 82 games + playoffs takes a toll on the body.

I do believe the Canadiens are among the top teams to beat this year. I also think that beating Price in 4/7 games is a tall order.
If things go well, and Bergevin adds a piece or two during the season Montreal can be very dangerous.
Here's hoping

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
They seem like a pretty fragile team. They look unbeatable many nights but other nights they're a disaster (sometimes even when they win) and then there's the 10-0 game. They're in the conversation of Cup contenders but you have to wonder if they can keep it up for the entire season.

Binary Code

How do I change that
Aug 22, 2013
Delirium
Its just a bait guys ...

But at this point MTL do have the same chance as Pits/Was/Tampa/Chi etc. to take it all.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
This is a place of discussion last I checked.

Why not go with something less abrasive like: "Habs having a good start to the season" or "Can the Habs do damage this season".

Outright declaring them Stanley Cup winners after 14 or so games on the main board is just going to be a lightning rod for bashing the Habs and their fans for the whole year when something inevitably goes awry.

CamTheMan

Apr 7, 2008
Hopefully they can meet the Bruins in round 1 to at least make their easy road to the cup a bit more difficult.

Nameless

Jun 17, 2015
Oakville

They told us the same thing about the Capitals last year. The regular season is kind of meaningless anyway. Most of the time your regular 45-48 win teams win the cup and not always your 52+ win juggernaut RS heroes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad