OT: Montreal Impact Thread XXVI and World Cup Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Amid all the free agency frenzy today, Argentina just won by the skin of their teeth against the Swiss. 1-0 final in extra time.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Bad free kick at the end. Should have gone to a right footer.

Argentina does not impress me.

PuckSeparator

May 18, 2014
Check Republik
Crazy good game USA - Belgium is. I know it's a foreign word to soccer/football but watching this world cup all I can think of is parity - the games are insanely tight and exciting.

PuckSeparator

May 18, 2014
Check Republik
Best game of the tourney for me (from the ones I've watched). The ET was crazy and I desperately wanted penalties - this game deserved it imo. BTW it's crazy that the Belgian coach had the guts to take off Origi who at that point looked like the best player on the pitch. Lukaku ended up being the difference maker so kudos to him for that although he probably could have taken someone else off.

Woland

Mar 10, 2007
Montreal
heart broken by the Swiss loss :( that post at the end was just to much for me ...oh well. I'm still proud of them. Inler and Behrami stuffed Messi all game and that's quite an accomplishment. The play that lead to the goal was harsh because Lichtsteiner has been a stud for the "Nati" for many years now.

and the USA-Belgium game was insane. the pace was sooooo fast

PuckSeparator

May 18, 2014
Check Republik
heart broken by the Swiss loss :( that post at the end was just to much for me ...oh well. I'm still proud of them. Inler and Behrami stuffed Messi all game and that's quite an accomplishment. The play that lead to the goal was harsh because Lichtsteiner has been a stud for the "Nati" for many years now.

and the USA-Belgium game was insane. the pace was sooooo fast

Yeah I felt for them. After Dzemali hit the post he had the rebound ricochet off his knee and of course it just had to go out for a goal kick... and it reminded me of how sports can just be that cruel sometimes. Switzerland played great for 3 games (we'll forget about that one off) and it seems like they're really coming on pretty well as a footballing country. The future looks bright.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad