OT: Montreal Impact Thread: Welcome to Orji-Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
Yikes.... i didnt see the standings.. what does Canada need to do to go through?

They qualified. excerpt from
https://www.tsn.ca/canada-qualifies-for-gold-cup-with-win-over-french-guiana-1.1278987 said:
The victory in the fourth and final CONCACAF National League qualifying match means Canada will be represented at both the Gold Cup this summer and in Nations League action next fall.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
That was pretty awful.

That Brault-Guillard-Piette-Borjan play? Yeah, that was pretty bad and funny at the same time! It was probably the only time French Guyana looked dangerous the whole game. Now I want to see more of Brault-Guillard. Hopefully watching and playing with Sagna will help him out a lot

I have high hopes for this squad in the Gold Cup

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
Starting the 2nd of September, we'll be playing in League A with; Mexico, Costa Rica, USA, Panama, Honduras, Trinidad and Tobago, Haiti, Cuba, Curacao, Martinique and Bermuda.

It'll be comprised of 4 groups of 3 which will be seeded in a couple of days (on the 27th), top team of each group qualifies for the NL Championship semis next March, while the bottom team gets relegated to League B.

Would be awesome if we could fall in the USA group.

Meanwhile, i'm anxious for the Gold Cup this summer to see what this new generation is made of.

Last edited:
Reactions: atrud66

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
Now I want to see more of Brault-Guillard. Hopefully watching and playing with Sagna will help him out a lot

Yeah, it's great for the NT that ZBG can have Sagna as his mentor.
He can continue to learn from one of the best at a point in Sagna's career where he's most likely predisposed to help him. Priceless.

Garde better give him some good minutes this season though, or it's all for nothing.

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
@ShaMu Do you think Canada has a chance for 2022?

A chance? Definitely. We always have a chance. We usually fall short though.

Do we have a better chance now? With all the offensive options we have now, If we can sort out our central D (hoping we can bring back Fikayo Tomori into the program), we potentially have the best team we've ever had. Add to that the fact that the development of our player pool is finally being taken seriously with the addition of the CPL, I think we're definitely on the right track.

the Concacaf NL is really important in this, as we'll get to play against the best teams of the region in competitive games regularly, not only in the WC last qualifying rounds every 4 years or the Gold Cup once every 2 years.

Whether we fall in the Mexico or Honduras group, sending Jonathan David, ZBG, Liam Millar and all those young guys to play either at the Azteca or in San Pedro Sula next fall is excellent for their preparation. Falling against the USA might be more comfort zone in terms of where they play, but their level is decent and the rivalry could make strides for the popularity of CanMNT games here and help bring us that 12th man in the stands we've always been lacking.

Now, if FIFA expand the 2022 WC, as rumored, then we're in for sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scandale du Jour

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Yeah, it's great for the NT that ZBG can have Sagna as his mentor.
He can continue to learn from one of the best at a point in Sagna's career where he's most likely predisposed to help him. Priceless.

Garde better give him some good minutes this season though, or it's all for nothing.

I'd bet there is an amount of minutes Brault-Guillard has to play in the loan agreement with l'OL. I'm not worried about it. Garde has shown already he has confidence in the kid, and when he does, we all know that means minutes.

Laurent

Wat.
Apr 9, 2010
Montreal
Saw Lino Jr, Joey and NDS at an event for lunch today. Thougut about asking them their thoughts on Orji. Didn’t bother.

Side note, Lino Jr is a phenomenal public speaker, holy shit.

Reactions: QuebecPride and TRG

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Saw Lino Jr, Joey and NDS at an event for lunch today. Thougut about asking them their thoughts on Orji. Didn’t bother.

Side note, Lino Jr is a phenomenal public speaker, holy ****.

What about Ice Cream?

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
A chance? Definitely. We always have a chance. We usually fall short though.

Do we have a better chance now? With all the offensive options we have now, If we can sort out our central D (hoping we can bring back Fikayo Tomori into the program), we potentially have the best team we've ever had. Add to that the fact that the development of our player pool is finally being taken seriously with the addition of the CPL, I think we're definitely on the right track.

the Concacaf NL is really important in this, as we'll get to play against the best teams of the region in competitive games regularly, not only in the WC last qualifying rounds every 4 years or the Gold Cup once every 2 years.

Whether we fall in the Mexico or Honduras group, sending Jonathan David, ZBG, Liam Millar and all those young guys to play either at the Azteca or in San Pedro Sula next fall is excellent for their preparation. Falling against the USA might be more comfort zone in terms of where they play, but their level is decent and the rivalry could make strides for the popularity of CanMNT games here and help bring us that 12th man in the stands we've always been lacking.

Now, if FIFA expand the 2022 WC, as rumored, then we're in for sure.

Thank you for your kind answer.

I was asking because I have tried to follow them for years and can never really get emotionally attached for a few reasons.

- They choke all the time.
- CSA is a clown organization and the sport was not taken as seriously as it should in Canada.
- Lack of potential French Canadian stats (easier to relate to guys like "you" when the team sucks).

With the new wave of players and the CPL it seems to be changing. As a huge soccer fan, I kinda feel that it is my duty to follow and care about the NT if I wanna see funding for soccer continue to rise. It is just much easier when it does not seem like a lost cause.

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
Thank you for your kind answer.

I was asking because I have tried to follow them for years and can never really get emotionally attached for a few reasons.

- They choke all the time.
- CSA is a clown organization and the sport was not taken as seriously as it should in Canada.
- Lack of potential French Canadian stats (easier to relate to guys like "you" when the team sucks).

With the new wave of players and the CPL it seems to be changing. As a huge soccer fan, I kinda feel that it is my duty to follow and care about the NT if I wanna see funding for soccer continue to rise. It is just much easier when it does not seem like a lost cause.

Definitely, so I gather you understand why I feel I have to be a proponent of Canadian Soccer, there hardly are any of us around. But no matter how much people like me will be preaching, there's nothing like a bunch of hyped fearless kids who want to go for it, to get people excited.

Your points are totally valid, and I agree with all of them... well maybe we dont choke ALL the time and get concacafed once in a while, (Atibas' goal was not offside at the 2007 Gold Cup semi!) but yeah.. I know.

And I know it might not sound convincing because of the lack of teams in Quebec, but i genuinely think the CPL will benefit French Canadians. There are already several French Canadian and francophone players in the league, and there will only be more once there are teams in this province.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
If he were to get minutes this season, where would he play? In Taider's spot? Or would it be on one of the wings?
I don't know where he fits in the midfield situation right now, seems like Choiniere is pretty entrenched in the main sub position. We all know how much Garde likes Krolicki so when he gets back from his injury I figure he'll get a chance to play. Add Bayiha and Shome to the mix , I don't see Sejdic playing at all .

Reactions: ShaMu
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad