OT: Montreal Impact Thread - Rumors & Signings Where Are You? Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

JtotheC

Apr 29, 2011
Montreal
2-2 is a good result considering everyone thought we would get demolished, would not score a goal, had 3 injuries, our first game of the year.

It will be a toss up next week.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Just watched the game. My first time watching Impact this year, very confused.

The Bad

This tie is all because of ZBG, what his ass is doing on the final third on the Urruti goal? You never scored in your life , stay in the back and defend. He ruined a great Urruti goal and a potential 3-0. You think he would redeem himself but he made Venegas look like Lukaku on his goal. SOFT. If it keeps going play Bahiya there, or Shamit if needed.

I am worred for Fanni, Idk if its his age or lack of games but he looked very very slow and almost always 1 second late in his tackles. He wasnt horrible tho but based on tonight, he is not a starter anymore.

Bojan ........ Useless, Had a good assist but I wont bother saying much other than I lost all the respect I had for him as player back in 2012. He could have scored 4 goals tonight. As long as he is not a DP next year

The Good

Raitala, now I understand why Finland is playing the EURO and is captain for IMFC. What a GEM. MOTM for me.

Waterman, decent debut

Spiderman; Market Value = 5 Million

Urruti and Corrales

Quioto, was needed that he plays in a region he knows very well. Same for Corrales and unfortunately Saba was not eligible to play. the Central America part of Concacaf is all about experience to deal with altitude, hostile crowd, bad referring (it was good tonight).

The Decent

Sejdic, very good display, kinda reminds me of a James Rodriguez and Aaron Ramsey mix, with more experience he is gonna be an important player for sure.

Potato, numerous giveaways but he played very well tonight off the ball and made some crucial interceptions. At this point just gotta accept he is a horrible passer but has other qualities and he showed his concacaf experience tonight. Just should play at CB where he belongs and not play every game but definitely road games where we park the bus.

Something to be happy about , Thierry managed to milk whatever he had and delivered for his first game. A lot were worried because Piatti left, but everyone forgot Taider was on the bench tonight. I did not see one person commenting on that. Thats good.

EDIT And before a flock of messages appear tomorrow, I was gonna put Potato in the trash with the rest of them for giving the ball away like candy and being as easy to through like a Sao Paulo hooker but he had a lethal interception in the 90th and a few others so he gets an okay rating imo.

Last edited:

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Wow Club America drew against Communicaciones of Guatelama 1-1
Alianza of Honduras beat Tigres 2-1. Just the 1st leg but still, last year it would have been 0-4 for each.

If you take into consideration last nights result between Cruz Azul and Portomore where they had the lead till the 95th minute to lose 2-1, thats karma for their time wasting anctics.

Anyway,

Parity seen like never before in CL this year. I will watch more CL.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
I don't really understand why Henry decided to go with Sejdik of all people yesterday, but I liked the fight that players like Corrales and Waterman showed yesterday.

If Corrales can be a consistent offensive force, we could be looking at unloading Raitala and adding another international spot in the process.

Good lord those injuries suck. Hopefully Okwonkwo, Quioto and Lappalainen are all ready to play in 2 weeks.

To me it's obvious now, we need to invest HARD in a 8/10 nest summer. Taider is at his best as a regista all over the field, but there's still issues is creating offensive opportunities.

The Dzemaili of 2017 would be the exact type of player I'd aim for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad