OT: Montreal Impact Thread - Netflix Orginals Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Ballou was not entirely useless. Thats a nice surprise.

Central ref was fine, didn't give in to their stupid faking. Linesmen were clearly payed by someone though.

When playing against a team sitting deep he’s useful. But that’s how we can use him, if we need a goal late. Can’t count on him to start a game and ask him to defend.

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
first, why do the impact play these conc games at all This has nothing to do with mls cup. waist of manpower, injuries, 2 games per week does not let the impact rest well.
SECOND, clearly the refs are fixed and or bush quality refs. Forfit the next game and cause a stink. I don't care if the impact NEVER play another conc game again EVER. The line has to be set, hear is where we stand and no ferther.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
first, why do the impact play these conc games at all This has nothing to do with mls cup. waist of manpower, injuries, 2 games per week does not let the impact rest well.
SECOND, clearly the refs are fixed and or bush quality refs. Forfit the next game and cause a stink. I don't care if the impact NEVER play another conc game again EVER. The line has to be set, hear is where we stand and no ferther.

You are aware that most of the BEST moments in the club history happened in the CL?

The 2008 run?
Porter's goal?
The draw at the freaking Azteca?
The FINALS played in a jam-packed Big O?

Sorry, but no, the CCL runs are awesome.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
You are aware that most of the BEST moments in the club history happened in the CL?

The 2008 run?
Porter's goal?
The draw at the freaking Azteca?
The FINALS played in a jam-packed Big O?

Sorry, but no, the CCL runs are awesome.

We get to play in the Club Champions Cup too.

Anyhow.. so much for thinking that the refs were actually not too bad on the first two games.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
If you know anything about the club's history then you know that the Canadian Championship and the Concacaf Champions League have marked the club's greatest moments and given the club huge visibility. And winning the competition would represent a huge achievement for any MLS team.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

King Makar19

Dec 5, 2019
Refs made correct calls. Blame the team for falling asleep in 1st half and lack of creativity. That shit was no pen-worthy.

Tylers Dad

Registered Dad
Sep 12, 2013
Azeroth
Pre VAR days I don't think I ever saw a ref overturn a call... Pretty sure I've seen mistakes admitted to after the game, but never overturned during the actual game.

Boardish

Mar 3, 2004
Refs made correct calls. Blame the team for falling asleep in 1st half and lack of creativity. That shit was no pen-worthy.
Clearly not as it’s an obvious handball on the replays. Especially weird since the ref initially made the correct call on the play.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
We Were at the stadium in the closest seats you can imagine. Amazing atmosphere by Olimpia fans. Let me just leave it at that lmao because Taider played like Potato and Potato played like Taider so weird..

Zbg got wrecked by that player so bad he had to come out at HT:laugh: new rb asap

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
No. Not tall enough.
Ivan Cordoba.

He is very good in the air too, this isn't hockey or basketball where you need to be tall to play certain positions. He can't play anywhere else. I've said it 100x when I was laughed at now look at y'all:laugh:

Binks won't be in the MLS long, he's already much too good not to be making actual money. Enjoy him while you can folks.
He isn't that good. I see a Championship team snatching him at best. He thinks he is better than he is. Makes sense why Spurs let him go for free. Still young tho

Titi got severely outcoached. Should tone down his arrogance. No reason to have wanyama and potato at the same time

I havent seen someone getting murdered on the pitch like ZBG since messi on Boateng

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
Yep Binks showed inexperience today. Caught up the pitch way too often, communication errors as well as lack of physicality at times where Fanni had to bail him out a few times. His poise on the ball is undeniable though.

Reactions: JunglePete

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
yeah for what he lacks in talent, he makes up in effort and heart
That line right there is exactly why this team will never amount to anything. Settle for less mentality a d you wonder why this city never wins at anything

Get mad all u want just the truth

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Yep Binks showed inexperience today. Caught up the pitch way too often, communication errors as well as lack of physicality at times where Fanni had to bail him out a few times. His poise on the ball is undeniable though.
With all respect I have for Olimpia their fans and Hondurans in general If you struggle against their team at home it probably says a lot about your level. Fanni is definitely saving their asses all the time. Waterman isn't bad at all I wanna see both of them in a 2 Cb duo. Binks can sit on the bench a little because he isn't ready yet.

And never ever wanyama and Taider and #6 together again. Even Wanyama Taider I was hella reluctant. I wanted to see Wanyama - Shamit i just know it's our best midfield combo.

Henry needs to rotate his midfield I wanna see Saba, Maciel, Sejdic more !

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Quieto failed us tonight.

Clearly he was gassed out. He has been tired for a few games now. He needs to rest a little. He played 90 minutes on Saturday in Frisco Tx..... Tuesday starting on turf in Montreal against his old club. Give him a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad