OT: Montreal Impact Thread - Netflix Orginals Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
2-2 draw. 2 away goals headed home, you would've taken that result easily before the game. Now it's just about discipline for the home game. Taïder being there to stabilize the midfield would help massively so hopefully he's fit.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
It is kinda amazing that we managed to get out of there with that result with that midfield. Piette had a pretty bad match on top of that. It really is a small miracle what we saw last night.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
It is kinda amazing that we managed to get out of there with that result with that midfield. Piette had a pretty bad match on top of that. It really is a small miracle what we saw last night.

Henry basically played 3-4-3 yesterday. Piette cannot player with a 2 CM formation. He needs a #8 beside him to hide his weaknesses with the ball. He's basically an anchor who breaks attacks and just give it to his midfield linemate.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Our sprints up front are lethal. We haven't able to keep it up with our habitual tempo. Unable to cover up that well. Spaces allowed too much. We were completely gas out. With the repetition of defensive and offensive efforts. Been passive not on purpose. So we watched the ball circulate. And leaving the opposition wide open.

Going there like one week before would've been the key. Adapting to the climate and stuffs like that. I don't know what the hell our fitness coaches were thinking... Add to that with the repercussion of the 3/4/3.

Olfer

Apr 25, 2019
Rouyn-Noranda
Pretty happy with the game, all things considered.

Is it just me or is the offensive animation much better than last year? The ball went forward a lot, less fussing around. Still, they also played more direct in away games last year, so let's wait for the home games to really judge.

Piette hasn't been himself since his injury last year. Really, really not good. At least he can still tackle. I think JP is right on this one, he should be considered at the CB position.

Maybe it was just a bad day, but Bojan has to bag in these type of goals if he stays at the CF position. He's good at that role (9.5) when he has time to create space for the inside forwards, but he also need to be more clinical if he is to stay alone up top.

Urruti was pleasently surprising tbh, and his goal would have been a screamer. His press was more intelligent.

Ballou was trash. I already can't stand him.

I think I would go with something like this, going forward :

-------------------Urruti/AJH------------------

Quioto/Lapin------ Boyanne------Orji/Ballou

--------------Taïder---------Piette------------

Raitala ---- Fanni ----- Camacho ----- ZBG

Last edited:

JtotheC

Apr 29, 2011
Montreal
We need an on form Bojan. I am sure once he scores a goal, he will not squander as many chances as he did last night.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
#20/02/19(ConcacafRoundOf16Game1:SaprissaDeportivo2-2Impact)

Diop(9/11)

Raitala/Fanni/Camacho(Waterman)

Corrales(YellowCard)/Piette/Sejdic/ZBG

Quioto(1G)(Ballou)/Bojan(1A)/Okwonkwo(1G)(Urruti)

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec

On Piette, yes he made a lot of turnovers, but he seeemed to have less options than usual. One less midfielder did not help him look better yesterday. He did a lot more good than bad, but since he had the ball more and had less non-risky options, he tried more bold passes than he normally would. Could be a call from Titi, who knows. But I feel people are hard on him overall.

Same for Bojan. He was greedy on the fling he tried 1on1 vs. the goalie, but otherwise he was stellar I thought.

Anyone else thinks Orji injured himself by doing the backflip?

Reactions: ArtPeur

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
On Piette, yes he made a lot of turnovers, but he seeemed to have less options than usual. One less midfielder did not help him look better yesterday. He did a lot more good than bad, but since he had the ball more and had less non-risky options, he tried more bold passes than he normally would. Could be a call from Titi, who knows. But I feel people are hard on him overall.

Same for Bojan. He was greedy on the fling he tried 1on1 vs. the goalie, but otherwise he was stellar I thought.

Anyone else thinks Orji injured himself by doing the backflip?

He absolutely did. You see him hobble after. He posted it on his instagram and the impact will use it in all their promos. Cool! You did it now celebrate normally lol

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
On the injuries...

D’ailleurs, on a appris après la rencontre que Camacho était blessé à un genou et qu’Okwonkwo avait subi une blessure au bas du corps. Quant à Romell Quioto, qui est lui aussi sorti après s’être blessé en seconde demie, ce n’est rien de sérieux et un représentant de l’équipe a indiqué qu’il n’y aurait pas de conséquences.

Plus que satisfait

For Magnus: Knee injury for Camacho, Okwonkwo has a lower-body injury and it's nothing serious for Quioto.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Let's be capable to adjust in any case. Like whatever happens Idgaf. It shouldn't be problems. But solutions as I say always.

At the end of the day, that's the 1992% way to be successful.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Also JP, I believe it was Quioto who made the foul on Urruti's disallowed goal.

And... ZBG actually saved a goal. Putting the draw on him come on man :huh::help:

Nah I'm pretty sure it was ZBG on Urruti

Anyway. I'll be at the game next week! :)

LE STADE VA EXPLOSER

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Also JP, I believe it was Quioto who made the foul on Urruti's disallowed goal.

And... ZBG actually saved a goal. Putting the draw on him come on man :huh::help:

It wasnt. Dont listen to that RDS feed. It was clear on the replay who made the fault. He did save a goal but also gave a goal to Saprissa and made Venegas look like Lukaku, very easy to beat 1v1, super disappoiting. Giving him the benefit of the doubt since its their first official game since October. We will see how he is after 5-6 games.

My formation in a 343 at home next week would be

Quioti-Bojan-Urruti if Orji is injured
Corrales-Taider-Sejdic-ZBG
Raitala-Fanni-Waterman

One word : possession

before today I would have pissed but that draw made me more calm for at least 7 days. Great prospect, probably better than Barco when he first joined Atlanta.

Reactions: pylero
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad