Montreal forwards statistics

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
We've been a team that spreads out its points for a while now. Patches and Subban are our only players atm who seem to hit at least 65~ points, and then we have quite a few who register 45-60 points (Plekanec, Eller, Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Markov, and possibly even Briere, Bourque, Gionta, and Bournival). A star player would be great, but there's nothing wrong with having such a significant amount of 40+ point getters.

Subban has never even hit the 40 pts mark. I know it was a shorten season last year but until he hits the 65 pts mark (hopefully this year), I will have to classify him in the 45-60 pts category.

Only Patches is a proven 65 pts guy right now.

No fan fiction

Nov 16, 2004
I was just browsing NHL.com stats, and realized in shock and horror! We dont have a single forward in the Top 60 of the entire league. Subban is 34th. Galchenyuk is 66th with 16 points which is very respectable for his second season. How on earth will we ever be a championship contender with no offence?

It's about time somebody else noticed our team can't score. The measuring stick is still 6-7 guys with 20 or more goals and at least one in the 40 range.

I'm pretty sure Bergevin, et al know that, though I'm not as confident about this board's PJ Stock apostles and their obsession with "grit" and fighting majors.

Fire Everyone

Especially you
May 17, 2006
It's about time somebody else noticed our team can't score. The measuring stick is still 6-7 guys with 20 or more goals and at least one in the 40 range.

At least one?

Here's the number of 40+ goals scorer in the last four full seasons (only a handful were on pace for 40+ goals last year, but it was shortened season):

2011-12: 4
2010-11: 5
2009-10: 7
2008-09: 8

Any team would be lucky to have one 40+ goals score, let alone more than one.

Unrealistic expectations are unrealistic.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
im sorry but there is nothing silly about lacking true star power. Name the last time a team won the cup without a marquee, game breaking talent leading the way.

Chi - Kane, JT, ETC ETC
LA - Kopitar, doughty, bernier,
BOS - Chara, Lucic, Horton
Chi - as above
Pitts - Obvious
Detroit - Zetterberg, Pavel D, Lidstrom
Ducks - Pronger, Scotty N, Selanne
Car - Eric Stall, Cam Ward ETC ETC
Tampa - Vinny, St louis, Anderchuck
Do i really need to go on?

This 'winning by committee' thing hasnt been possible anytime in the last DECADE. You need star power, and a strong core to bring you a Cup.

We have a strong core, thats it. The future is bright, but the GM needs to make some moves to get us out of the middle of the pack IMO. And a little luck couldnt hurt either

The Bruins won by committee and it is absolutely laughable to refer to Lucic and Horton as gamebreakers. Also naming Bernier as a star in the Kings Cup run?????:help:

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Quick who?

You can't take anyone who writes "ETC ETC" seriously.

Hard to take someone seriously who lists "Anderchuck" (Andreychuk) and his one playoff goal in the '04 playoffs over Brad Richards and his Conn Smythe trophy.......or "Stall" (Staal), Ward and ETC, ETC.......who the **** else on that team deserved "ETC star" status?

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
It's always been like that. We never had a scorer in Montreal. It's ****ing lame, but what can you do.

We have had the talent but we don't seem to know how to deal with that talent. If you're not a defensively responsible player, you get no burn in Montreal.

FuzzyWuzzy

I'm still alive
Dec 20, 2012
Montreal
Subban has never even hit the 40 pts mark. I know it was a shorten season last year but until he hits the 65 pts mark (hopefully this year), I will have to classify him in the 45-60 pts category.

Only Patches is a proven 65 pts guy right now.

Plekanec is clearly capable of reaching 60+ pts and has done so a couple times. He's also on pace for a 55pts season early in the season, could easily reach 60.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Plekanec is clearly capable of reaching 60+ pts and has done so a couple times. He's also on pace for a 55pts season early in the season, could easily reach 60.

Plekanec always starts well and finishes poorly......I like him but he fades badly every year.

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal

Offensively, Plekanec is very close to being in that group. I think he's a 55-60 pts guy right now. He just doesn't hit 65 pts on a regular basis.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad