Montreal forwards statistics

Cameron Diaz

Nov 19, 2013
I was just browsing NHL.com stats, and realized in shock and horror! We dont have a single forward in the Top 60 of the entire league. Subban is 34th. Galchenyuk is 66th with 16 points which is very respectable for his second season. How on earth will we ever be a championship contender with no offence?

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
Good thing a team getting into playoffs isn't determined by amount of forwards in the top 60...

in east conf habs #8 in goals for, #2 in goals against, tied for #4 in differential

billy piton

Apr 5, 2010
Zagreb
Tampa had stamkos and marty as top two scores in the whole league last year and they weren't even close to get into the playoffs.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
This thread is so silly.

First of all, NHL.com is inaccurate. Ovechkin is still listed as a left winger despite moving to the right wing last season. Second, Galchenyuk is listed as a center despite playing left wing all year. He'd be in a five way tie for 10th in LW scoring if NHL.com properly displayed positions. Jump over to the right wing and Gallagher is Top 20. You know how I said Galchenyuk would be tied for 10th despite Ovechkin is a RW now? That's because the top center on NHL.com is Alex Steen even though he's a left winger!

I mean, that's all without even having to point out the ridiculousness of, "We dont have a single forward in the Top 60 of the entire league. Subban is 34th."

If this were 1993, people would be freaking out that Montreal can't be a contender if Damphousse and Muller aren't 100 point players.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
I was just browsing NHL.com stats, and realized in shock and horror! We dont have a single forward in the Top 60 of the entire league. Subban is 34th. Galchenyuk is 66th with 16 points which is very respectable for his second season. How on earth will we ever be a championship contender with no offence?

That's why guys like Pacioretty Plekanec Eller and DD had to get going. Most of the forwards were invisible in November until last night.

Skrudland

Registered Eweser
Apr 15, 2004
Ottawa
It's important to remember that Montreal has been a team that spreads its production around for quite some time. Even now, they have 7 players with at least 5 goals; that projects to just under 19 goals after the full season. Having that many 20-ish goal scorers is not too shabby.

Shaby23

Mar 30, 2012
Quebec
It's always been like that. We never had a scorer in Montreal. It's ****ing lame, but what can you do.

Cameron Diaz

Nov 19, 2013
im sorry but there is nothing silly about lacking true star power. Name the last time a team won the cup without a marquee, game breaking talent leading the way.

Chi - Kane, JT, ETC ETC
LA - Kopitar, doughty, bernier,
BOS - Chara, Lucic, Horton
Chi - as above
Pitts - Obvious
Detroit - Zetterberg, Pavel D, Lidstrom
Ducks - Pronger, Scotty N, Selanne
Car - Eric Stall, Cam Ward ETC ETC
Tampa - Vinny, St louis, Anderchuck
Do i really need to go on?

This 'winning by committee' thing hasnt been possible anytime in the last DECADE. You need star power, and a strong core to bring you a Cup.

We have a strong core, thats it. The future is bright, but the GM needs to make some moves to get us out of the middle of the pack IMO. And a little luck couldnt hurt either

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven

By drafting Alex Galchenyuk

billy piton

Apr 5, 2010
Zagreb
im sorry but there is nothing silly about lacking true star power. Name the last time a team won the cup without a marquee, game breaking talent leading the way.

Chi - Kane, JT, ETC ETC
LA - Kopitar, doughty, bernier,
Chi - as above
Pitts - Obvious
Detroit - Zetterberg, Pavel D, Lidstrom
Ducks - Pronger, Scotty N, Selanne
Car - Eric Stall, Cam Ward ETC ETC
Tampa - Vinny, St louis, Anderchuck
Do i really need to go on?

This 'winning by committee' thing hasnt been possible anytime in the last DECADE. You need star power, and a strong core to bring you a Cup.

We have a strong core, thats it. The future is bright, but the GM needs to make some moves to get us out of the middle of the pack IMO. And a little luck couldnt hurt either

subban, price and potentially galchenyuk. In a year or two we might be there if bergevin stops giving those awful contracts.

BigNumber1Centre

Mar 19, 2010
Alberta
Habs compensate by keeping the puck out of their own net well enough (despite the best efforts of Frankie B). Wouldn't be surprised to see a few of our guys, notably Plekanec, Pacioretty, Gallagher and Eller finish with 20+ goals. Possibly Bournival as well if he can keep it going. I don't see Chuckie cracking 20 goals even though he should finish top 3 on the team in points. Bourque easily has the talent to get to 20 but he probably won't for obvious reasons.

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
Individuals statistics mean squat. Just look at Boston. They usually don't have anyone in the scoring race yet you'd take their team before Washington, San Jose, etc.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Individuals statistics mean squat. Just look at Boston. They usually don't have anyone in the scoring race yet you'd take their team before Washington, San Jose, etc.
Disagree. Would you take Boston over Chicago? No? Why?
Tampa had stamkos and marty as top two scores in the whole league last year and they weren't even close to get into the playoffs.
A star scorer isn't a guarantee of anything. Neither is a star goalie or blueliner...

But if you have one of those guys your odds go up considerably. Most winning teams have multiple star scorers in their lineups. Those that do not are the exception not the rule.

If you don't have a star scorer you'd better have a star D or star goalie to compensate. Fortunately we have both. But we don't have a cup caliber team now as we have too many holes in other areas.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex

Good gosh, the gamebreaking high scoring Boston Bruins!

In 2010-2011, the highest scorers were Lucic and Krejci at 62 points. Horton had 53 points. Such impossible heights to reach for the 2013-2014 Montreal Canadiens!

Also, picking Andrechyuk over Brad Richards for Tampa is just showing your knowledge in blinding light.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
You disagree, and ask me which team I'd take between the stanley cup finalists last year. You answer your own question afterwards, which is ''no'', and you ask me why.

:laugh:
Answer is obvious.

In 2010-2011, the highest scorers were Lucic and Krejci at 62 points. Horton had 53 points. Such impossible heights to reach for the 2013-2014 Montreal Canadiens!
Again, they are the exception not the rule.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City

Also, picking Andrechyuk over Brad Richards for Tampa is just showing your knowledge in blinding light.

I also thought that naming Bernier instead of MVP Quick for LA was a bit telling.

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
So, it would be stupid to pick Boston over Chicago, right? :facepalm:

Oh I must be late to the party....what did I miss
Hmmm lets see....Bos...over...Chi
Hmmm Chi 2 cups
Aww Bos 1 cup....in the last few years...

This really is a trick question isn't it:sarcasm:

hmmmmmmmm give me a few minutes on this one I don't want to be wrong:)

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
Those are the only first liners we have (and they should be on 1 line).

9119387.jpg

Patches is good for at least 30 goals and 60 pts every year
Galchenyuk is the future superstar. PPG player on some years, 70 pts others.
Gallagher IMO is good for 30 goals and 60 pts. He is the only question mark(as to whether or not he's a 1st or 2nd liner).

Those are the guys that will be in the top 60 year after year (at least Chuckie and Patches)

MsChanandlerBong

The Chan-Chan Man
Jul 29, 2011
Ottawa
We've been a team that spreads out its points for a while now. Patches and Subban are our only players atm who seem to hit at least 65~ points, and then we have quite a few who register 45-60 points (Plekanec, Eller, Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Markov, and possibly even Briere, Bourque, Gionta, and Bournival). A star player would be great, but there's nothing wrong with having such a significant amount of 40+ point getters.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad