Confirmed with Link: Montreal fires Therrien - Claude Julien named Habs Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Hope you finish your career with one Cup Claude. Nothing personal.

C453j2KXUAApkkc.jpg

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
It looks more like he's gritting his teeth than smiling. No doubt they're asking him if Marchand is as big a dbag as Subban was.

BklyNBruiN

May 7, 2009
www.amishrakefight.org
It looks more like he's gritting his teeth than smiling. No doubt they're asking him if Marchand is as big a dbag as Subban was.

No doubt. They must of chatted a bit on how it was for them playing against him/Bruins and now they're on the same team. I know there professionals but its such a turn of events, that I'm sure it must of come up. I know some folks think its only the fans who think like this but I don't know about that.. 10 years as the Bruins head coach and the Bruins All-Time Coaching Wins Leader, and now he's behind the tabs bench. :popcorn::laugh: Incredible..

I pray we get in the playoffs and play against them. Gosh that would be epic!

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
What's the word for ass-kissing? Looks like a bunch of players trying to pal up the new coach!

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Habs would be wise to listen to everthing claude says. He is the bringer of Stanley cups and Stanley Cup finals.

Let's put things into perspective. The Bruins went 39 years without a Cup win but during that period Boston fans also had the Celtics, Patriots and Red Sox.

Montreal is 24 years since their last Cup win.....and they have nothing else unless you count the Alouettes.

It drives Canadians crazy but the of the O6 teams the two Canadian teams waiting the longest for a parade are Montreal 1993 and Toronto 1967.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Yup I've loved watching the 180s being pulled on social media right now

After the Habs upset the Bruins in 2014 everyone around here was saying how Therrien had out-coached Julien , these same people are now saying Julien is easily a better coach than Therrien. I agree that with that statement by the way but it's funny to hear from people who were ridiculing him that way not so long ago.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Let's put things into perspective. The Bruins went 39 years without a Cup win but during that period Boston fans also had the Celtics, Patriots and Red Sox.

Montreal is 24 years since their last Cup win.....and they have nothing else unless you count the Alouettes.

It drives Canadians crazy but the of the O6 teams the two Canadian teams waiting the longest for a parade are Montreal 1993 and Toronto 1967.

Doesn't drive me crazy at all, if they had won , now that would have drove me crazy. But yes. generally that's a true statement except for a few of us enlightened ones:m-dance:

Moose Head

Mar 12, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Your interpretation of the facts are false.
Julien did not seek employment elsewhere. The Canadiens asked the Bruins if they could talk to him and the Bruins said yes. The FO or ownership allowed this to happen.

Julien got his first head coaching gig in the NHL with Montreal. Maybe going to that club is not as sacrilegious as you might think. Hal Gill went there. Quintal went there. Samsonov went there. Andy Moog went there.

Yes, it's a rivalry because they have a long history of hard fought games but it's the fans that get carried away. The players and coaches are colleagues to an extent.

That's one thing I always liked about Josh Gorges. He refused to waive his NTC to go to the leafs because years of rivalry made him hate the team. He was willing to waive to help the habs cap situation but not to the leafs and I'm sure the Bruins.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

Last time the Habs won the Cup, in order to read about it, one would have to walk out to their local corner store and by a newspaper. Now, the way a typical Hab fan would present things would have one believe they are the reigning champs but

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad