Post-Game Talk: Montreal finally beats Tampa 6-2.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
You shouldnt really let the main board bother you. Seriously, let it go.

What matters, in decreasing order of priority:

- who won
- how many games they won
- if the winning team had a "beatdown" game (think Sens vs us, game 3, 2013)
- how tights the games actually were

Few people remember that 3 of the 4 games of last year sweep were 1-goal affairs. They remember the ******* sweep.

It doesn't bother me. If it did I wouldn't still have my avatar :laugh::laugh: Was merely an observation.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Not if we beat him :naughty:

11235444_10152794951468062_9114880041044704346_n.jpg

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
I'm a little surprised people think Tampa is playing well on the main boards. I think they've been dreadful all playoffs. They're very lucky to get out of the first round, let alone be up 3-1 in the 2nd. I realize results are the only thing that matter, but damn, they have not looked good.

Games have gone their way.

I think that game 1 we were very equally matched and we lost.

Game 2 well lets not talk about that.

Game 3-4 we outplayed them, even Cooper said so.

Boardish

Mar 3, 2004
Game 1 period 1-2 were probably our best periods in these series. We completely outplayed them. Problem was we just couldn't score.

2-3 posts and some badluck pretty much changed everything.

Theosis

What do I put here?
Sponsor
Mar 11, 2009
Pointe-Claire, QC
Am I the only one that finds it ridiculous that the league allows Tampa to only sell tickets to Florida residents + doesn't allow fans to wear Habs gear in certain parts of the arena?

This is Tampa we're talking about, a team who can't sellout their arena ever in the regular season... If I remember correctly they were selling season tickets that came out to ~$11 a game + free parking + free food....

Other teams in the league shouldn't have to share their revenue to a team that does **** like this.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Am I the only one that finds it ridiculous that the league allows Tampa to only sell tickets to Florida residents + doesn't allow fans to wear Habs gear in certain parts of the arena?

This is Tampa we're talking about, a team who can't sellout their arena ever in the regular season... If I remember correctly they were selling season tickets that came out to ~$11 a game + free parking + free food....

Other teams in the league shouldn't have to share their revenue to a team that does **** like this.

Think that was Florida. But I do agree that it seems ridiculous to accept revenue sharing from MTL then ban fans with Quebec addresses from buying tickets to the playoffs.

Theosis

What do I put here?
Sponsor
Mar 11, 2009
Pointe-Claire, QC
Think that was Florida. But I do agree that it seems ridiculous to accept revenue sharing from MTL then ban fans with Quebec addresses from buying tickets to the playoffs.

Ah well, either way I'm pretty sure both of those teams don't sellout their arena :laugh:

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
http://espn.go.com/nhl/attendance

Tampa had good attendance this year by the looks of it. Although they still get revenue sharing since their ticket prices are low and they are a cap team. Florida; however, dead last.

How can these two teams have different showings? They aren't that far away.

Is it just a case of Tampa having star power, a cup and a better team?

Would people come if florida won more often? I hope so.

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
I found this on 25stanley.com. It's a documentary about the 2004 MLB series when the Red Socks came back from a 0-3 deficit against the Yankees.

PricePkPatch*

I found this on 25stanley.com. It's a documentary about the 2004 MLB series when the Red Socks came back from a 0-3 deficit against the Yankees.

While its a good story, id rather hear about how the Kings rallied to come back from a 0-3 deficit and won the cup

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
How can these two teams have different showings? They aren't that far away.

Is it just a case of Tampa having star power, a cup and a better team?

Would people come if florida won more often? I hope so.

I think the population might have something to do with it as well. South Florida (Miami) is a completely different citizenry than Central Florida. I'm not sure if the Latino population has embraced Panther hockey yet :laugh:

Then again, look at the Miami Marlins, no one goes. Miami Dolphins don't sell out and that's the NFL. The Heat do well though, but they were winning Championships so that's harder to gauge.

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
The Bolts are copying the Sens for the next game at their barn (if we're lucky enough). Only Florida residents are allowed to the game, and Canadiens attire will be prohibited, except for certain sections. Is this even legal ? Molson should consult a lawyer because it seems fishy to me.

ak90210

Sep 18, 2011
Ben Bishop is one of the toughest players in the NHL. He's gotten so injured he had to roll around on the ice in pain at least 10 times this series alone and he's still playing through it. Ultimate playoff warrior right there!

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
The Bolts are copying the Sens for the next game at their barn (if we're lucky enough). Only Florida residents are allowed to the game, and Canadiens attire will be prohibited, except for certain sections. Is this even legal ? Molson should consult a lawyer because it seems fishy to me.

Seriously? Unless someone has an obnoxious shirt with a d*** on it or some other type profanity how can you tell a paying customer he can't wear something especially when it's a jersey of a team that's playing?

laq0vl_4.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad