Proposal: Montreal Draft Day 4 Deals

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Every GM in the league can pick up the scent of a Bergevin trying to trade for a young C prospect. And they can also look at his history of trades. Bergevin would have to add because you know, he clearly has no problem overpaying. Don't know if I said it here but some fans are delusional thinking MaxPac would land #15 & Borgstrom. #16 and Bowers worth probably as much to Sakic as the prior to Tallon.

I definitely don't think Pacioretty would have returned 15 & Borgstrom, but I didn't think Bowers had made the steps he did this year.

1st + Compher or comparable player is close, with another 2nd or 3rd I'd be happy with it

Reactions: hilarnat

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Really hope you mean in addition to a 1st, in which case I wouldn't be overly upset with that return just because I think it's time to turn the page

Naw I mean't what I wrote. MB is an awful GM with a strong track record in losing deals, who has very little leverage and the player he is moving isn't even close to the most valuable option out there.

There is nothing about this situation which leads me to believe Patches will get anything more than a mid-late 1st. We will see though, but I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
I definitely don't think Pacioretty would have returned 15 & Borgstrom, but I didn't think Bowers had made the steps he did this year.

1st + Compher or comparable player is close, with another 2nd or 3rd I'd be happy with it

The biggest issue here is that Colorado is going to have 0 interest in a 30 year old winger. So the rest doesn't matter.

Even if they were interested in moving 16th + moderate asset for a winger, it would be Skinner.

Reactions: Jared Dunn

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Funny you mention that because I literally just interviewed someone who made that comparison

Bowers aside, Pacioretty is one of the most prolific goal scorers in the league. He's not returning less than a 1st and a solid young player/prospect.

People can use the same tired rhetoric of Bergevin's past sh*tty trades to try and make a point but they're not going to just give him away when he could still be resigned or dealt at the deadline

What he was most likely mentioning was that Tkachuk is Bowers linemate in College.

jimslob

Dec 9, 2008
yeah no... Tanev is the better option and I saw one fan offer 1st + 2nd + prospect. The most Tanev would return is 1st + (bracco/nielsen/timashov)

No, the most YOU would offer for Tanev would be that. No one knows what the return really would be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad