Proposal: Montreal deadline deals

PredsHabs

Jul 9, 2013
Lyles,TN
As a Predators fan I am all for adding a player like Pacioretty but the worry I have is the relationship between Subban and Him.

Reboot

Jul 1, 2003
I'm calling my shots and prognosticating Pacioretty to the New York Islanders with Ryan Pulock being the main cog going back to Montreal.

Nelson and Pulock? Hopefully they get more or a better return for Patches.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Nelson and Pulock? Hopefully they get more or a better return for Patches.

You forget that atb the moment, Pulock is untouchable since his 5 pts game. He did nothing before that but now he is a top 3 D. Same thing with Beauvillier.

PredsHabs

Jul 9, 2013
Lyles,TN
Well after much thinking and doing my homework.

To Nashville: Max Pacioretty + Jakub Jerabek

To Montreal: Dante Fabbro + 2018 1st + 2019 3rd* + Pontus Aberg + Patrick Harper

* becomes 2nd if we win cup in 2018 or 2019

When your team is this close to the cup you have to add pieces sometimes to push you over the top. I look at the Kessel trade to Pittsburgh as an example.
I like our team and am happy with our team but scoring depth in the playoffs is a huge plus.

Reactions: Eegs

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal

To Montreal: Dante Fabbro + 2018 1st + 2019 3rd* + Pontus Aberg + Patrick Harper

When your team is this close to the cup you have to add pieces sometimes to push you over the top. I look at the Kessel trade to Pittsburgh as an example.
I like our team and am happy with our team but scoring depth in the playoffs is a huge plus.

I like it as a Habs fan, but I'd prefer keeping Jerabek (he's a keeper IMO). Players with same value (like Schlemko or Benn) could replace him in this deal.

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC

I think this is about the best proposal i have seen in this thread. Habs don't get the coveted center prospect back, but I am a big fan of Aberg. I think he's been really snake-bitten this year and has top 6 upside.

Fabbro doesn't necessarily fill an obvious need, but he is a nice peice and I have a hard time envisioning the Habs getting a better offer than this.

Like the poster above, I'd rather swap Jerebek for Schlemko but either way it wouldn't be a deal breaker for me.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Shaw in particular seems like way too much. Preds one is hard to say - different groups of Preds fans think half their prospects are untouchable future superstars so can't really go by them.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
All of them are overpayments by the other team.

Why do Habs fans have such a lack of an ability to be objective?

Lol Pacioretty for Fabbro and a few bad picks isn't an overpayment. If the preds don't want to trade their D prospect that's fine but let's not pretend like it's a bad deal.

Leafs deal is close, but Habs would have to take back Polak/Marincin...

counter

Polak
Kapanen
2018 2nd

for Petry

That's an intriguing deal actually well played

DarrylshutzSydor

Aug 9, 2007
California

Way too much for a guy who is on the downside of his career.....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad