Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Habs-Preds
patches
for
Fabbro
2018 1st
2018 3rd
conditional 2019 2nd, if preds make it to Stanley cup final either this year or next the pick is a second if not it is 2019 3rd if they win the cup either year it is both the 2nd and the 3rd.

Habs-Pens
Plekanec@50%
for
2018 2nd
ian cole
Intention is the habs proceed to flip cole for a 3rd-5th, Cole is taken to balance cap

Habs-Bolts
Byron
for
2018 2nd
2018 3rd

**Habs-Leafs** This trade may be better suited for the draft.
Petry
for
Kapanen
2018 2nd
2018 4th
Petry this year has a full no movement clause, however one of the main reasons he signed with Montreal is because it is one of the closer NHL teams to his home state of Michigan.

**Habs-Devils** Shaw may have term, however he is his best during the playoffs
Andrew Shaw
for
2018 2nd
2018 4th
2019 3rd

Any of the following players could likely be had for the highest pick offered

Carr
Benn
Delarose
Froese
*Deslaurier (I think the habs will re-sign him, less likely to be traded)
Schlemko
Jerabek

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Wow...Shaw costs a fortune. And somehow also costs more than Byron? The truth Is, no one wants Shaw with that contract. Whether he is good in the playoffs or not, they aren't paying that much to get him.

Also, cannot see the Preds giving up that big of a package for Pacioretty.

Pens one seems fair, but not sure if Penguins fans want Plekanec anyways, but maybe.

NSH, NJD, TOR trades all heavily favor the Habs here. Especially NSH and NJD

Reactions: dralaf

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Habs-Preds
patches
for
Fabbro
2018 1st
2018 3rd
conditional 2019 2nd, if preds make it to Stanley cup final either this year or next the pick is a second if not it is 2019 3rd if they win the cup either year it is both the 2nd and the 3rd.

Habs-Pens
Plekanec@50%
for
2018 2nd
ian cole
Intention is the habs proceed to flip cole for a 3rd-5th, Cole is taken to balance cap

Habs-Bolts
Byron
for
2018 2nd
2018 3rd

Petry
for
Kapanen
2018 2nd
2018 4th
Petry this year has a full no movement clause, however one of the main reasons he signed with Montreal is because it is one of the closer NHL teams to his home state of Michigan.

Andrew Shaw
for
2018 2nd
2018 4th
2019 3rd

Carr
Benn
Delarose
Froese
Schlemko
Jerabek
All of them are overpayments by the other team.

Why do Habs fans have such a lack of an ability to be objective?

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Okay so we are all clear
Petry who has extremely good advanced stats isnt worth a pretty good prospect a second and a late pick
One of the best goal scoreres of his generation isnt worht a high end prospect, a 1st, 3rd, and likely a 2nd.
Shaw, not sure what he is worth however the odds of any of those picks other than the 2nd are not likely to become nhlers

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
All of them are overpayments by the other team.

Why do Habs fans have such a lack of an ability to be objective?

I've had leafs fans agree to the petry trade in previous threads spanning over the past year also what do people think pacioretty will go for scraps? look at what Duchene got in a trade this year.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
No interest in trading Pacioretty for Fabbro.
If he gets traded to nashville, it will be Tolvanen coming the other way.

Also not trading Petry to the leafs for that package

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
I've had leafs fans agree to the petry trade in previous threads spanning over the past year also what do people think pacioretty will go for scraps? look at what Duchene got in a trade this year.
He will get a first and prospect, but not a prospect as good as Fabbro. Plus, Nashville has already made a big trade this year, so they likely wouldn’t trade what little assets they have left for another top 6 forward.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The Penguins proposal is very optimistic for Plekanec's value. Cole himself probably has the value of a 2nd round pick based on past trades, and even the worst case scenario has his value at a 3rd. A 2nd and 3rd for a rental Plekanec is very high, I doubt you'd get that. It's not horrendous, but it is very optimistic.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal

i agree with this. even tho Fabbro is an exellent Dman prospect , theres no way he's the main pieces in a pacioretty trade! We simply can't trade Pacioretty and receiving a RHD, I'd even take a Skilled A prospect winger before taking a RHD! and also agree if pacioretty is going to nashville, tolvanen has to be coming back, Poile has already scammed bergevin hard.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
i agree with this. even tho Fabbro is an exellent Dman prospect , theres no way he's the main pieces in a pacioretty trade! We simply can't trade Pacioretty and receiving a RHD, I'd even take a Skilled A prospect winger before taking a RHD! and also agree if pacioretty is going to nashville, tolvanen has to be coming back, Poile has already scammed bergevin hard.
L O f***ing L.
There is no reality where Montreal trades Pacioretty and gets back Eeli Tolvanen

Reactions: Spazkat and Viqsi

Pia8988

May 26, 2014

Tolvanen won’t be going the other way. Delusions

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com

nevermind what I posted, I'm the confused one!

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Leafs deal is close, but Habs would have to take back Polak/Marincin...

counter

Polak
Kapanen
2018 2nd

for Petry

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
if pacioretty is going to nashville, tolvanen has to be coming back
...if it's not centers that he can't bring back, it's teams' sole star prospects that they won't give up. Seriously, what the everloving **** is wrong with you people when it comes to MaxPac proposals? It's as though you think he's some sort of game-breaking elite superstar.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Habs-Preds
patches
for
Fabbro
2018 1st
2018 3rd

I'm not sure that Patches could return that much. I'd say you need to drop the 1st, turn the 3rd to a 2nd and add the conditional 3rd

Habs-Pens
Plekanec@50%
for
2018 2nd
ian cole

Cole is as much of a cap up as Pleks is. If anything, he could be retained to Cole's level and then swapped one-for-one

Habs-Bolts
Byron
for
2018 2nd
2018 3rd

Petry
for
Kapanen
2018 2nd
2018 4th

Value is not great but probably arguable, but I'd rather not as a Leafs fan. I don't think Petry is the missing piece on the back-end.

Andrew Shaw
for
2018 2nd
2018 4th
2019 3rd

Too much for Shaw. His inflated contract lowers his value. Drop the 2nd and make the 3rd and 4th 2018

Carr
Benn
Delarose
Froese
Schlemko
Jerabek

See bolded.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Leafs deal is close, but Habs would have to take back Polak/Marincin...

counter

Polak
Kapanen
2018 2nd

for Petry

No problem taking back polak. We can also take another salary without problem.

The only thing, i would want Dermott to be part of the deal.

How about

Polak (+ other cap dump if needed)
Kapanen
Dermott

for

Petry
Habs 2018 3rd/Wash 2018 2nd

Mario le Magnifique

Habs apologist, closet Pens fan
Dec 6, 2007
My basement
That Byron trade is horrible for MTL. No way he goes for less than a 1st-round pick
Realistically, TB don't need Byron so I can't see how they would pay a 1st round pick for him. Tb has plenty of players like Byron who can fill Byron's role. I could see Byron traded to a contender on the western conference as more of those teams would find adding a speedy above average IQ penalty killer who can chip in with some offense interesting. But a 1st round pick for a blue collar is demanding a lot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad