Montreal coming back into the picture

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Truly good teams can still do well without their best player.

Leafs went 4-0 without Matthews for instance.

so they lose their best player for 1/3 of the game, ooooh the horrors!

We put niemi, or Lindgren in long term, we are pooched ! and we arent a good team, we are a team that is 100% dependent on well above average goaltending in order to win a lot of 2-1 or 3-2 squeakers.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
The Habs as presently constituted are capable of winning in the first playoff round but probably don't have the staying power to advance far. If they don't make the playoffs they may be able to draft a promising player. For example, they were able to trade Sergachev, a #9 pick, for Drouin, a top 5 pick from an earlier draft. Adding another Drouin or two could make them a contender so long as they have Price.

Kamina

Amok
Feb 28, 2007
Yeah, what's going on with Anderson?? Ottawa was a great story last year and lots of fun to watch in the playoffs. Hopefully Craig turns it around and Karlsson fully recovers.

Anderson has been letting in every single scoring chance. I don't know if it's physical or mental or what. The fight isn't there. This confusion is relatable for Montreal fans, I imagine

Vern

Dec 9, 2013
Habs went 2-7-1 to start the season. Those losses were against: wsh, nyr, chi, la, sj, la, ana. 7 of those 10 games were on the road. That's a harsh schedule to start the season, especially with a goalie that was obviously injured, a new coach, and a roster with 30% new players to the team. Give us the leafs schedule with 6 home starts and games against Jets, devils, wings, sens, canes, and the leafs the habs schedule, and their positions in the standings would likely be reversed.

Of 17 wins leafs have relied on scoring 4 goals or more 12 times. Think that will continue down the stretch for them as the schedule gets tougher and teams start to tighten up? Think that's the recipe to winning in the playoffs? I don't. I think Leafs sub-par D game and goaltending will be exposed. Expecting a late season collapse for them as per usual. Just like last year when they went 1-3 in the last 4 games and squeaked into the playoffs by 1 point.

naruto

Nov 13, 2017
Habs went 2-7-1 to start the season. Those losses were against: wsh, nyr, chi, la, sj, la, ana. 7 of those 10 games were on the road. That's a harsh schedule to start the season, especially with a goalie that was obviously injured, a new coach, and a roster with 30% new players to the team. Give us the leafs schedule with 6 home starts and games against Jets, devils, wings, sens, canes, and the leafs the habs schedule, and their positions in the standings would likely be reversed.

Of 17 wins leafs have relied on scoring 4 goals or more 12 times. Think that will continue down the stretch for them as the schedule gets tougher and teams start to tighten up? Think that's the recipe to winning in the playoffs? I don't. I think Leafs sub-par D game and goaltending will be exposed. Expecting a late season collapse for them as per usual. Just like last year when they went 1-3 in the last 4 games and squeaked into the playoffs by 1 point.

1-3 is a collapse? If that's a collapse, what do you call what Montreal did last year? LMAO
Habs schedule to start wasn't that hard. They shit the bed bc they sucked, not bc their schedule was hard LMAOOOOO

Reactions: BlueWhite

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
here is a reminder that the NHL relies on strong franchises like Montreal. We are not the panthers, the coyotes or the hurricanes. We can't do like Pittsburgh and Chicago and struggle for years collecting picks without riots on peel street. Yes it might certainly hurt our chances of winning a cup, but fans here are too proud for this BS. good for you if your team get a slice of the shared revenues and that you can stink like old cheese for years without any repercussions. But stop blaming franchises that go at it every year with a decent level of sportsmanship because at the end of the day they are the ones paying for your lack of honor.

Cleatus

Nov 21, 2008
Calgary, AB, CAN

Lol, what an incredibly salty pile of excuses this post is. Montreal would basically be in the same position they are now if they switched schedules with the Leafs.

And as another poster said, if the Leafs 1-3 finish last year is a collapse, what does that make what the Habs did last season?

And I think anybody with half a brain would take Toronto's d-core over Montreal's.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Lol, what an incredibly salty pile of excuses this post is. Montreal would basically be in the same position they are now if they switched schedules with the Leafs.

And as another poster said, if the Leafs 1-3 finish last year is a collapse, what does that make what the Habs did last season?

And I think anybody with half a brain would take Toronto's d-core over Montreal's.

we should obviously take the guy with occupation: pimp seriously since he's obviously over 13 years old

canuckslover10

Apr 10, 2014
I think people are just thinking the inevitable is going to happen one of these years but the canadiens will make the playoffs every year if price continues to play like he has its weird how a elite goalie can help losen a team up

CHaracter79

Apr 21, 2014
Montreal after the 1-7-1 start did end up playing and beating some real good teams

Away in Nashville (OT loss) Chicago Winnipeg and at home against Columbus

Two weeks ago Detroit beat Calgary 8-2 and now they're crap beaucae the habs destroyed them over two games.

Like I said

Not as bad as they showed in first 10 and not as great as last 10

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
If this jinx thread leads us to getting Dahlin. I will personally hand deliver a basket of muffins to OP.

naruto

Nov 13, 2017
If this jinx thread leads us to getting Dahlin. I will personally hand deliver a basket of muffins to OP.

Seriously though, mail me some muffins if you guys get Dahlin. Maybe not muffins bc they gonna get nasty in the mail but you need to send me something tasty.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
I think people are just thinking the inevitable is going to happen one of these years but the canadiens will make the playoffs every year if price continues to play like he has its weird how a elite goalie can help losen a team up

Canadiens are going nowhere with Price playing like he has this season.

Reactions: BlueWhite

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Turns out the picture the OP was talking about was actually one of a mangled car wreck.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Bring attention to how bad Montreal is??? They are horrid this year.
Im glad a poor quality team like the Habs this season is being exposed for how poor the management and coaching has been there and such a bad group of players too. Tonight kinda put together the season perfectly for those losers

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
here is a reminder that the NHL relies on strong franchises like Montreal. We are not the panthers, the coyotes or the hurricanes. We can't do like Pittsburgh and Chicago and struggle for years collecting picks without riots on peel street. Yes it might certainly hurt our chances of winning a cup, but fans here are too proud for this BS. good for you if your team get a slice of the shared revenues and that you can stink like old cheese for years without any repercussions. But stop blaming franchises that go at it every year with a decent level of sportsmanship because at the end of the day they are the ones paying for your lack of honor.
Proud? More like fickle. Or maybe bandwagon is a better term. If you don't stick with your team through the tough times, you aren't a real fan.

General Disarray

Jul 21, 2016
Toronto
They'll go on a few cute little streaks, but no they ain't making the playoffs. In fact, they were actually better off at the basement. Now they just screwed their draft chances.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad