Montreal coming back into the picture

naruto

Nov 13, 2017
Montreal started horrid and it looked like their chance at the playoffs was gone. But I just looked at the standings and they are 3rd in the division after Toronto!

On a 4 game win streak and 27 points. Boston is 1pt behind with 23 games played though. But still, they caught up to Detroit and Ottawa.

I haven't been following their games but I was surprised when I looked at the standings. Way to go MTL! Maybe we will finally get that Leafs-Habs playoff series! Major props.

Dano85

Oct 8, 2016
Montreal's 4 game streak includes wins over BUF, OTT, DET, their only really good win was vs CBJ. I don't know if they are playing better or if outside of Tampa and Toronto the rest of the Atlantic division is just horrible.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Price when healthy definitely contributes to their confidence. I can see them going on their streak, which they usually do, before falling back again. How far back though?

naruto

Nov 13, 2017
Montreal's 4 game streak includes wins over BUF, OTT, DET, their only really good win was vs CBJ. I don't know if they are playing better or if outside of Tampa and Toronto the rest of the Atlantic division is just horrible.

Oh I didn't take a look at who they beat. That puts it into perspective and explains a lot.....

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Too poor of a quality of team with a poorly run management team. NOT A CHANCE

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
The Habs are doing themselves a disservice by playing well. Best thing that could happen to that team for long term success is a lottery pick this year. If they linger around 7-10 in the conference they're going no where any time soon.

Subbanned

Nov 4, 2011
Yeah not really. Beat some bad teams. We will likely end up right outside playoff spot with garbage pick. Or we will barely make playoffs and then just lose lol. We need to tank but with Carey playing that won't be easy...

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
They have played the most games and aren’t in a great position. Wins against bad teams doesn’t really mean they are back. It just means that they aren’t the worst of the bad teams in the league.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
They were never bad enough to stay in the basement of the league. They really are in the exact same area that those post '05 lockout Leaf teams were in Pre-Burke. To talented to really bottom out....but to flawed to actually do anything.

Reactions: Pickles

bansheebeat

Cherry-Coloured Funk
Jul 31, 2011
Trading for Cracknell means the Habs are really going for it, too. Home ice in playoffs or bust.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Price, Schlemko and Jerabek are all making our team better since they've been in the lineup. Tonight we even won without Weber and Drouin.

We'll be in the playoffs as usual this year, no worries.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
It's better if they keep picking in the +10 range, better chance for Bergevin to stay and worse chance to actually compete for the Cup.
That team is so damm badly built.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad