Proposal: Montreal - Columbus

Status
Not open for further replies.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
We'll revisit this if he's still producing at similar rates at this time next year as a center. 'Till then, too soon.

EDIT: Before half the Habs fanbase explodes at me, what I mean by that is that I don't expect Domi's current shooting percentage to last, but if that comes down to something more reasonable and all else remains equal he'd still be around ~.7 PPG, which could make for a worthy conversation.
If Max is producing at a similar rates at this time next year as a center why would we downgrade to PLD and add a 2nd?

habsfan44

Jul 26, 2006
Montreal get Pierre-Luc Dubois and Ryan Murray.
Columbus get Jonathan Drouin, Victor Mete and two 2nd round pick 2019 (MTL and CLB).
It's clear why the Habs do it , no explanation needed but I was wondering why you think Columbus would agree ? Enlighten us please .

Reactions: Viqsi and MisterT

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Makes sense to me. I guess some folks are just that impatient, especially when it comes to French-Canadian players who aren't on the Habs. ;)

There’s fans like that on every team. It’s just that we have a couple more than others and they’re louder

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
On another note, is Ryan Murray available? What would be the cost for him alone?
Not likely. A minority had wanted him moved in the past while about 75% were ok with talking trade if it was like a Duchene deal but right now he is too much of what we need. We have Gavrikov coming next year and we will have an insane top 6 for all under 6mil.

Im sure a move COULD happen but it would have to make sense.

MisterT

Nov 29, 2006
If Max is producing at a similar rates at this time next year as a center why would we downgrade to PLD and add a 2nd?

Where's the downgrade? PLD has a higher ceiling, is younger and has produced more at the the same age as Drouin. PLD is a huge step up.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
...you didn't actually read that edited-in paragraph, did you.

* * *​
On another note, is Ryan Murray available? What would be the cost for him alone?
Well, Torts just decided to experiment with splitting up Werenski and Jones, so Murray is currently playing on the top pairing. You can probably figure it out from there. :)

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Seems awful for CBJ. What about this is positive for them, OP? I see the positives from a MTL perspective since they're butchering the Jackets in the trade. But I fail to see why the Blue Jackets want to demoralize their team and fanbase by being a farm team for MTL.

Reactions: Viqsi

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
We'll revisit this if he's still producing at similar rates at this time next year as a center. 'Till then, too soon.

EDIT: Before half the Habs fanbase explodes at me, what I mean by that is that I don't expect Domi's current shooting percentage to last, but if that comes down to something more reasonable and all else remains equal he'd still be around ~.7 PPG, which could make for a worthy conversation.

If the bolded happens, there isn't much chance Montreal trades Domi for PLD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad