Proposal: Montreal - Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
You guys are acting like Lehkonen is garbage.

Am I missing something here? I get Girard is a good defenseman as well. But you guys are writing off Lehkonen as a 4th liner.

The guy wears the “A” in Montreal. He is a relied upon main PKer. Is on track to put up good offensive numbers this season topping his career high.

I feel it’s not bad like you guys are posting. Lehkonen brings a bit of everything to the table. He has high value as well.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Samuel Girard is overrated and has poor underlying numbers. We don't want anyone from Colorado's losing streak? :sarcasm:

Seriously though, he's 20 and is already a top 4 guy I believe. Great potential to be a 3/4, wouldn't be surprised if he's a 1/2. I'm not sold on him being a top pairing guy in the future but it has been almost a year since I watched him last and I could very likely be 100 percent wrong.

As far as fits go, I don't think he's it for Montreal. His price is high and something about him seems that he just is a better fit with Colorado (not knocking him, he just seems like a perfect fit for that team, he seems like he's meant to be a core player there).

My gut would tell MB to stay away from this trade just because cost and that I prefer we find someone a couple years further along in their development (Habs competing in 2-3 years would have Girard still in his pre prime age )

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018

Am I missing something here? I get Girard is a good defenseman as well. But you guys are writing off Lehkonen as a 4th liner.

The guy wears the “A” in Montreal. He is a relied upon main PKer. Is on track to put up good offensive numbers this season topping his career high.

I feel it’s not bad like you guys are posting. Lehkonen brings a bit of everything to the table. He has high value as well.

Lehkonen is great but he's not anything special. He's a solid middle 6 two way player and will serve well on Montreal for years, he's not worth other teams spending a lot to get and not worth Montreal acquiring those assets to love him. He's the type of player who's too good to lose but not good enough to move (whereas a guy like Hamilton is too good not to move and not good enough to keep)

Avs44

May 16, 2011

You're not offering anything the Avs have a pressing need for, especially compared to what Girard could be and the vital role he could fulfill as a top four defensman on a weak defense. You didn't really account for the Avs' needs whatsoever, which pretty much always makes for a very easy rejection.

MasterMatt25

Nov 19, 2014
Montreal

Nothing wrong with Lehkonen. But Girard is wayyy more valuable

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
You know you have a bad proposal when you need to add a 2nd round pick to "even" out the trade.
Counter proposal: Calvert, Nemeth, 2nd for Drouin. Calvert is a good pker that coaches love, so I think it's a fair trade.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Damn. I’d love for the Habs to get Girard for that price.

C’mon Avs. Be nice to us, please. You know, just because.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
:habs

Artturi Lehkonen
Mike Reilly
2nd round pick

:avs

Samuel Girard
Colin Wilson

You know how sometimes there is a proposal thats just complete garbage bad, like so bad there is no way this person has watched hockey for more than a week bad, and they likely sincerely don't realize it so you just feel bad for them?

This is one of those posts.

This is the equivalent of Kotkaniemi for Nemeth, Kerfoot and a 2nd

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Samuel Girard is overrated and has poor underlying numbers. We don't want anyone from Colorado's losing streak? :sarcasm:

Seriously though, he's 20 and is already a top 4 guy I believe. Great potential to be a 3/4, wouldn't be surprised if he's a 1/2. I'm not sold on him being a top pairing guy in the future but it has been almost a year since I watched him last and I could very likely be 100 percent wrong.

As far as fits go, I don't think he's it for Montreal. His price is high and something about him seems that he just is a better fit with Colorado (not knocking him, he just seems like a perfect fit for that team, he seems like he's meant to be a core player there).

My gut would tell MB to stay away from this trade just because cost and that I prefer we find someone a couple years further along in their development (Habs competing in 2-3 years would have Girard still in his pre prime age )

Girard has been playing top pairing all year this year with overall strong underlying numbers.

If MTL is going to make a trade the most likely option would be for Tyson Barrie for a futures type of package. Given the 5 million picks they just had and Barrie very likely to be moved in the next few months that one is at least realistic.

Makar Goes Fast

grocery stick
Aug 17, 2012
downtown poundtown

you wrote this on post 5 and no one said anything bad about lehkonen, but he is just not in the same realm as Girard.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Girard has been playing top pairing all year this year with overall strong underlying numbers.

If MTL is going to make a trade the most likely option would be for Tyson Barrie for a futures type of package. Given the 5 million picks they just had and Barrie very likely to be moved in the next few months that one is at least realistic.

Really? What's Colorado's d pairings been lately?

Edit: Just curious

Mac Attack

Beefy Legs
Aug 15, 2018
Dang, I can see why they are struggling so much lately.
Honestly their defense isn't that bad. No #1 guy which can be rough but otherwise pretty well rounded. It's their goaltending and scoring depth that are both a kick in the teeth.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Really? What's Colorado's d pairings been lately?

Edit: Just curious

EJ-Girard has been the top pairing all season pretty much. They had great possession numbers until the recent skid, went a bit below 50% for a stretch and now are rounding back into form.

The rest has shuffled with injuries but the most common are Cole/Barrie and Zads/Nemeth. Ideally they'd want Zads with Barrie but Cole/Nemeth struggles too much to move the puck and Zads can carry that line.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Dang, I can see why they are struggling so much lately.

They've been "struggling" lately because they have had a 95% PDO for the past 25 games. Their play has been fine, just brutal luck, mostly by unthinkably bad goal tending, but their shot raters over that time defensively were in the upper end of the league.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Yah because none of those guys can play goalie.

Yah, none of those guys can play defense too. :sarcasm:

Kidding aside, a good number 1 d does wonders for making mediocre goaltending look great. I haven't seen any Avs games this year but I imagine that a top pairing improvement would definitely help more than it'd hurt the goalies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad