Proposal: Montreal - Chicago

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
With the way our season is going, it could happen where we sell off Saad and Gus for assets.

However I'm not sure how enticing this is for Chicago. We have a logjam at RD. Boqvist and Mitchell will be on the roster full time next year, Seabrook is immovable, and Juulsen wouldn't be able to beat out Murphy. We also acquired Regula recently who is a similar level prospect. So Juulsen is not someone Chicago would be looking to acquire.

Picks are good, but not enough on their own. Kulak doesn't exactly move the needle. Though I think he'd be a decent, cost controlled addition to the roster.

Swap Juulsen for something else and I could see the value being alright here.

Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
I don’t want anything to do with saad and gus is a UFA, that said, the price is still too from from a Chicago perspective, they could do alot better selling them on their own!

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Saad
Gustafsson

for

1st round pick protected - moves to next year if Habs miss the playoffs this year.
2nd round pick(CHI)’20
Juulsen
Kulak

Trading our 1st even with protection this year is risky. Could be a lottery pick next year too. If I'm going to trade our first, I'd use that in a package to get Hall with an extension. I have zero interest in trading futures for short term gains. Gustafsson is a pending UFA and Saad the year after.

There is no player or two available that turns the Habs into a contender in the short term and that includes Hall. I pass.

Rafafouille

May 12, 2015
QC
Not sure that's enough value for Chicago. Mid tier first rounder and a second. Not sure an Ahler in kulak and juulsen who is probably about to retire is interesting for them.

Cenzo_

Dec 11, 2006
Montreal
Saad
Gustafsson

for

1st round pick protected - moves to next year if Habs miss the playoffs this year.
2nd round pick(CHI)’20
Juulsen
Kulak

So a $6M player with 3rd line production for 2 years and an UFA for a 1st (very possible lottery pick), a 2nd, a previous 1st round pick that has progressed well but with head-hakes issues and a serviceable #7 D.

That would be bad for the Habs. Switch the 1st for a second and now we are talking

Toastman

Oct 12, 2011
Montreal should not trade their 1st unless they get an over payment.

Not saying the 1st will be a lottery pick, but I'd rather keep it

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
So a $6M player with 3rd line production for 2 years and an UFA for a 1st (very possible lottery pick), a 2nd, a previous 1st round pick that has progressed well but with head-hakes issues and a serviceable #7 D.

That would be bad for the Habs. Switch the 1st for a second and now we are talking
3rd liner production?

On pace for 49pts

Last year, 49pts puts you in the top 100 for scoring for forwards.

top 6 Fs x 31 teams = 186 players

He's a top 6 player, with a good defensive game. On pace for about the same amount of points as he has averaged in his career.

Reactions: LDF

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
it is those that are buying that saying that Saad is a 3rd line forward. then there is Gus who is definitely is an offensive gifted d-man ... the price that was suggested is not unreasonable . plus the opportunity to resign let alone what they will provide for Mont, one will need to look at the big pict of Mont is getting .

Last edited:

Gaud

May 11, 2017
ok, lets say 2021 1st rounder...... now the pkg to sweeten the blow .

well that is slightly better, but im not that big on the OP anyways. I dont see Saad as a need for the habs or a significant (if any) upgrade on Drouin or Tatar, so the piece here is Gus. Seems to have good numbers, but i am not at a point where i think Mtl spends a first on him.

Reactions: LDF

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
well that is slightly better, but im not that big on the OP anyways. I dont see Saad as a need for the habs or a significant (if any) upgrade on Drouin or Tatar, so the piece here is Gus. Seems to have good numbers, but i am not at a point where i think Mtl spends a first on him.
thing is Saad can slide from the top 3 to the top 6 with ease and the team needs. he will provide offense on both ...... not splashy but a consistent production. players like him always get over looked. then you add Gus as the icing .

No ReGretzkys

May 8, 2018
If I am the habs I would definitely target Gus. Exactly what we need on the PP right now with weber.

What are hawks fan's looking for in return for Gus? I can't imagine his value is very high right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad