Montreal Canadiens vs Toronto Maple Leafs

Who will finish the year higher in the standings

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
Another leafs thread started by a non leaf fan (although to be fair, in this posters case, 28 of their last 50 posts have involved the leafs somehow)
Im flattered you went through my post history and took a chunk out of ur very valuble time to count up how many posts i mentioned the Leafs in

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
The Leafs are playing pretty bad right now. I watched a couple of their last few games. They haven't been good. But Tavares will definitely pick things up and so will Marner then Matthews will come back and maybe they sign Nylander and the Leafs should contend because their defence is nowhere near as bad as people make it out to be.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
I think it still has to be Toronto, but I wouldn't be so sure of it as some on here are.

People acting like it's complete and utter lunacy that Montreal could end up on top of the leafs are likely the same people that "guaranteed" the Habs being a bottom 3 team this summer. Or the guys who "knew" vegas was going to tank last year. Or any of the multiple huge surprises that happen every year.

Point being you can use what we know to predict hockey, but nothing is so set in stone in sports. Especially one as injury, luck and momentum riddled as hockey.

Reactions: flamesforcup

Neutral Hockey Fan

Sep 24, 2010
Im flattered you went through my post history and took a chunk out of ur very valuble time to count up how many posts i mentioned the Leafs in
People were curious why a Calgary fan would start a poll about the leafs.

I merely provided proof that you were more of a “leaf poster” (seeing how more than half your post history involves the Toronto Maple Leafs). Just seems strange that a Calgary fan is so obsessed with a team in a completely different conference, such as the Leafs. But good on you for admitting to finding the Leaf fascinating, a lot of posters won’t straight up tell others this fact, unlike yourself. Good on you, really.

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
People were curious why a Calgary fan would start a poll about the leafs.

I merely provided proof that you were more of a “leaf poster” (seeing how more than half your post history involves the Toronto Maple Leafs). Just seems strange that a Calgary fan is so obsessed with a team in a completely different conference, such as the Leafs. But good on you for admitting to finding the Leaf fascinating, a lot of posters won’t straight up tell others this fact, unlike yourself. Good on you, really.
Thanks i appreciate it :thumbu:

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
I also will say that since the 2014 season Montreal has put up over 100 points 3 times, many times with rosters that nearly the entire board scoffed at at the time. There's a lot of history on this board of underestimating the Habs regular season performance. Again, if you're forcing me to bet, I take the leafs, and I'm not predicting a 100 point season from the habs, but you'd think people would learn the Habs don't stay down.

Seriously, go and look at the Habs rosters for those three 100+ point seasons and have a laugh, we had a better defense than today, but I'd say a worse offense. And we still have Carey Price.

All these people so sure of themselves give me a bet with some great odds, I'll take the Habs in that case!

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
You have had the balls to piss off both Habs fans and Tor fans with this poll. Therefore I’ll answer

Tor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad